Themes / Apps / Mods [June 11, 2022] Pixel Tweaks for Pixels on Android 12

Search This thread

eg1122

Update is out for P6 Series on January OTA

Changelog

Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.v2.0.0.6
January 2022 OTA Update
Removed the better Monet Theming in order to fix Android Auto
-Will revisit Monet Theming at a later date.

Pixel Tweaks v6.5
Removed Monet Switch

If anyone can provide me with framework-res.apk, SystemUIGoogle.apk, and NexusLauncherRelease.apk from Pixel 4 or Pixel 5 families I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015

Changelog

December 2022 OTA Update
I believe that's a typing error, since that should obviously be called January.

Thanks for giving us that quick an update.

Can I just dirty install this magisk module over my previous installation, or do I first have to remove the old magisk mod / Set the mod up again?

eg1122

I believe that's a typing error, since that should obviously be called January.

Thanks for giving us that quick an update.

Can I just dirty install this magisk module over my previous installation, or do I first have to remove the old magisk mod / Set the mod up again?
It's best to remove or at least disable the old module then reboot before updating.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P

Changelog

January 2022 OTA Update

Pixel Tweaks v6.5
Removed Monet Switch

If anyone can provide me with framework-res.apk, SystemUIGoogle.apk, and NexusLauncherRelease.apk from Pixel 4 or Pixel 5 families I would greatly appreciate it.
From Pixel 4 XL on January build...

EDIT: Hmm, the other 2 aren't attaching for some reason. Let me figure out why.

EDIT 2: Not sure why the other 2 wouldn't attach but here's a link for them to my Drive. Sorry about that... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16MsEQYgx-6up2NssKFFhjzzSS00IoUqJ?usp=sharing

Attachments

• SystemUIGoogle.apk
    40.4 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

eg1122

mattstermh

Dec 9, 2015
I think I found a bug with the latest update on my Pixel 5.
When I try to move a shortcut from my app drawer onto my homescreen, the screen briefly goes black and resets the operation. I then got a message that said 'pixel launcher has stopped working' or something. And it only occurs when dragging the icon across the screen quickly.

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

eg1122

I think I found a bug with the latest update.
When I try to move a shortcut from my app drawer onto my homescreen, the screen briefly goes black. I then got a message that said 'pixel launch has stopped working' or something. And it only occurs when dragging the icon across the screen quickly.
I just tried to replicate and was unable to. Which zip did you flash? Can you also provide a screenshot of the built overlays. It could be something specific to an option.

mattstermh

Dec 9, 2015
I just tried to replicate and was unable to. Which zip did you flash? Can you also provide a screenshot of the built overlays. It could be something specific to an option.
I used the CC one (not the SBR)
Here are the overlays I'm using

Edit: oh, I realize I am using the old 6.3 ones I already had installed lol my bad. I should make new 6.5 overlays probably

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-134733.png
    Screenshot_20220119-134733.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20220119-134743.png
    Screenshot_20220119-134743.png
    276.5 KB · Views: 63

miggsr

Feb 3, 2011
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
I used the CC one (not the SBR)
Here are the overlays I'm using

Edit: oh, I realize I am using the old 6.3 ones I already had installed lol my bad. I should make new 6.5 overlays probably
Highly recommend making new overlays for any update. Not saying that you did wrong there.its just something to make sure things are solid after each update. I used to use old overlays cuz I'm lazy 😂 but I used to have issues that I couldn't figure out.

mattstermh

Dec 9, 2015
In other news, when I try to install a new overlay with nearly identical settings to what I posted above, I get this error

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-135225.png
    Screenshot_20220119-135225.png
    199 KB · Views: 59

miggsr

Feb 3, 2011
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
I'd say try starting fresh. Keep in mind this is just what I would do when dealing with something like this. Disable the overlays that are currently active then reboot. From there delete any overlays that are disabled or sitting inactive. So then there should be no overlays associated with the mod. Before you reboot go to magisk and select to remove the mod entirely then reboot

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
February update is available

Changelog

Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.v2.0.0.7
February 2022 OTA Update

Can someone with a Pixel 4 or Pixel 5 provide framework-res.apk, SystemUIGoogle.apk, and NexusLauncherRelease.apk from the February OTA? Thanks in advance!
From the Pixel 4 XL, February update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Pixel Tweaks

A BadSeed Mod

Greetings

If you are like me and enjoy the Pixel Launcher but wish it had some custom elements, then this is the mod for you. This is a combination of a Magisk module and Substratum Theme. Please read carefully through the first couple of posts. Many of the possible questions you might have have already been answered in these posts. If you do not find an answer to your question, I will try my best to answer in a timely manner.

The Magisk module is needed in order for the options in the Substratum theme to install and function properly!

The Goods!

Change the 5x5 grid size
    4x5 all the way to 7x11

Remove 3 button navigation bar in order to use 3rd party gestures app

Remove Google search bar from home screen & app drawer

Change notification shade color

Color Picker or 20+ Presets to choose from

Change app drawer text color

Change app drawer background

Options for up to 11 app icons in the dock

Change folder text color

Change folder background color

Change app icon size
    from 36 to 72 in increments of 2

Change home text color

Change or remove text size
    7 through 18

Change the last 3 basic colors under Wallpaper & styles

Change statsubar icons, 3 button navigation buttons, and gestural back arrow colors

Change gestural navigation handle

Allow more notification icons to show up in statsubar

Hide battery icon in statusbar

Remove statsubar corner padding

Change the following light theme elements independently with Pixel Tweaks Light Extension

• App drawer background color
    • Folder background color
    • Notification shade color
    • App drawer text color
    • Folder text color
    • Statusbar icons, 3 button navigation buttons, & gestural back arrows color
    • Gestural navigation handle color

Compatibility

Pixel 6 lineup, see post 3 for downloads
    Pixel 5 lineup, see post 4 for downloads
    Pixel 4 lineup, see post 4 for downloads

Credits

topjohnwu for Magisk.
    djdarkknight96 for helping me out with my very first Substratum Theme/Mod, it would not have been possible without his guidance.
    miggsr, my faithful tester and breaker of things.

Screenshots

1.png
    More Below!

2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png11.png12.png13.png14.png15.png16.png17.png18.png19.png
    Oh hai!, especially miggsr, it's been a while my friend.

This debate is very interesting, but I think it's run its course. Substratum can cause problems on a phone. Duh. Everything on this site can cause problems on your phone. That's the whole point of XDA! To learn, to push devices to their limits.

Android would be nowhere near as awesome had they not kanged all the good ideas from the developers at XDA. You couldn't even restart a phone on stock Android back in the day, only shutdown. XDA people added it to their custom ROMs and magically it was added by Google.

As for trust, and overlays, and keylogging, and such, again, that can happen on almost anything here. I've flashed plenty of custom ROMs in my day, but only did so from trusted sources. Because I'm basically trusting that developer to do the right thing and trusting the community will point out when they aren't.

Pixel Tweaks might have trouble on the Pixel 6. Not surprising, the device is brand new as is Android 12. The developer is fixing what needs fixing and helping people figure out what's wrong with their device when Pixel Tweaks isn't the problem. Great! Just what we hope XDA is used for.

So, let's move on from the debate about Substratum Lite and continue focusing on Pixel Tweaks. If you want to discuss the merits of Substratum for this device, please create your own thread somewhere else.

I'm subscribing to this thread so please let's be on our best behavior. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks,
    coal686
    Senior Moderator

Instructions

1. Download and flash Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.zip via Magisk.
    2. Install Substratum Lite from Play Store.
    3. Install Pixel Tweaks.*
    4. Install Pixel Tweaks Light Extension.*
    *When installing the editor you might get a message stating that Play Protect does not recognize this app's developer, that is because I signed the app with my private keys and I am not registered through the Play Store.

Pixel Tweaks Setup

01. Open Substratum Lite and select Pixel Tweaks.

02. Read welcome screen carefully then select PROCEED.

03. At the very top choose the grid layout you would like, you will need to use the same grid layout in step 11 below (ex Grid6x7).

Android System

04. Under Android System select AppDrawerBkg to set your desired dark app drawer background color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used (note that the hex code to the far right will not change when you select a different color, the color circle will show the color you picked).

05. Under Android System select FolderBkg to set your desired dark folder background color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.

06. Under Android System select DropdownBkg to set your desired dark notification shade color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used. Do note that this color will also be implemented on the background to the unlock screen (ex. pattern unlock).

07. Under Android System select 3 Button Navigation Bar Options if you would like to hide the 3 bar navigation bar. Please make sure you have a 3rd party navigation solution ready to go before you enable the overlays.

Pixel Launcher

08. Under Pixel Launcher select DrawerText to set your desired dark app drawer text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.

09. Under Pixel Launcher select FolderText to set your desired dark folder text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.

10. Under Pixel Launcher select HomeText to set your desired home text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.

11. Under Pixel Launcher select Did you remove Home Screen Searchbar? to choose whether or not you flashed the zip with the searchbar removed. If you removed it, make sure you select the same grid as you did in step 03 above (ex. Yes6x7)

12. Under Pixel Launcher select Dock Icon Count & App Drawer Search Options to set how many apps you would like on your dock.

13. Under Pixel Launcher select Text Size to set your desired text size or if you would like to remove it completely.

14. Under Pixel Launcher select Icon Options to set your desired icon size.

Pixel Themes

15. Under Pixel Themes select Accent1 to set your desired color for that accent choice. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.

16. Under Pixel Themes select Accent2 to set your desired color for that accent choice. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.

17. Under Pixel Themes select Accent3 to set your desired color for that accent choice. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.

System UI

18. Under System UI select StatBarIcons to set your desired dark statusbar icon colors, 3 button navigation button colors , and gestural back arrow colors. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.

19. Under System UI select GestureNavHandle to set your desired dark gesture handle color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.

20. Under System UI select Yes under Did you hide 3 button navigation bar? if you hid it in step 06, otherwise leave it alone.

21. Under System UI select Yes under Allow more notifications? if you would like to increase the number of notifications to 7, otherwise leave it alone.

22. Under System UI select Yes under Remove Battery Icon? if you would like to remove the battery icon but leave the battery percentage visible, otherwise leave it alone.

23. Under System UI select Yes under Remove Statsubar Corner Padding if you would like your statusbar icons to be closer to the edge of the screen, otherwise leave it alone.

Finishing Up

24. Select the all the boxes then select the floating bubble at the bottom right and select Install selected.

Pixel Launcher Revisited (optional)

25. If you would like to remove the searchbar in the app drawer please follow the following steps, if not skip to step 26.

a. At the very top select the same grid you selected the first time (ex. Grid6x7).​
    b. Skip down and press Dock Icon Count & App Drawer Search Options and select Remove Search.​
    d. Check the box for Pixel Launcher. Only this box. 1 box only. Do not select Android System. Do not select System UI​
    e. Press 1 Selected (see only 1, does not have a 2 or a 3) bubble that appears on bottom right and select Install selected.​

Finishing Up Continued

26. Reboot your phone

27. Once you are booted up, go to Substratum Lite and select Manager in the bottom center

28. Select the overlays you built (they should be orange) and press the floating bubble that appears and press Enable selected (the selected overlays will turn green, screen might turn off for a moment)

29. Reboot and enjoy. If you don't see any changes to your grid layout double check the selected grid under Wallpaper & style. Do note that sometimes when changing the status bar icons and the basic theme colors an additional reboot is required.

Pixel Tweaks Light Extension Setup

Make sure you have already installed and and enabled the Pixel Tweaks overlays. This theme is not stand alone as it depends on some components that Pixel Tweaks adds to the apps.

01. Open Substratum Lite and select Pixel Tweaks Light Extension

02. Read welcome screen carefully then select PROCEED.

Android System

03. Under Android System select AppDrawerBkg to set your desired light app drawer background color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used (note that the hex code to the far right will not change when you select a different color, the color circle will show the color you picked).

04. Under Android System select FolderBkg to set your desired light folder background color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.

05. Under Android System select DropdownBkg to set your desired light notification shade color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used. Do note that this color will also be implemented on the background to the unlock screen (ex. pattern unlock).

Pixel Launcher

06. Under Pixel Launcher select DrawerText to set your desired light app drawer text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.

07. Under Pixel Launcher select FolderText to set your desired light folder text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.

System UI

08. Under System UI select StatBarIcons to set your desired light statusbar icon colors, 3 button navigation button colors, and gestural back arrow color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.

09. Under System UI select GestureNavHandle to set your desired light gesture handle colors. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.

Finishing Up

10. Select all the boxes then select the floating bubble at the bottom right and select Install selected.

11. Reboot your phone

12. Once you are booted up, go to Substratum Lite and select Manager in the bottom center

13. Select the overlays you built (they should be orange) and press the floating bubble that appears and press Enable selected (the selected overlays will turn green, screen might turn off for a moment)

14. Reboot and enjoy. Do note that sometimes when changing the status bar icons an additional reboot is required.

If I helped, hit the Thanks Button!
    Feeling generous, send me a beer!

Changelog and Downloads

Changelog

Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.v2.0.0.8
    June 2022 OTA Update
    Removed Homescreen Searchbar removal option (Need to figure it out again)
    DID NOT UPDATE MOD FOR PREVIOUS PIXELS AS I DONT HAVE ACCESS TO THOSE FILES/DEVICES

Pixel Tweaks v6.5 Slim

Removed following features due to framework-res.apk decompile issue (will readd once apktool gets updated).
    -appdrawer background
    -notification background
    -folder background

Pixel Tweaks Light Extension v1.2 Slim
    Removed following features due to framework-res.apk decompile issue (will readd once apktool gets updated).
    -appdrawer background
    -notification background
    -folder background

Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.v2.0.0.7
    February 2022 OTA Update

Pixel Tweaks v6.5
    Removed Monet Switch

Pixel Tweaks Light Extension v1.2
    Reworked AppDrawerBkg, FolderBkg, and DropdownBkg

January 2022 OTA Update

Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.v2.0.0.5
    December 2021 OTA Update
    Renamed Files to make file names shorter
    - Pixel.Tweaks is now PT
    - Searchbar.Removal is now SBR

Pixel Tweaks v6.4
    Reworked the app drawer search removal as the previous method no longer worked.

PT.Helper.v2.0.0.4
    Incorporated framework-res.apk into the mod to try to fix Material You theme engine.
    A bunch of pastel/washed out colors have been removed. You will notice the colors set from Pixel Themes will be more vibrant or toned down based on your choices.
    Made other changes to allow the added functions of Pixel Tweaks 6.3 based on Pixel 6 Pro November 2021 OTA

Pixel Tweaks v6.3
    Added a color switch for the Material You theme engine. You can now set colors closer to what you input in the Pixel Themes section.
    Reworked AppDrawerBkg, FolderBkg, and DropdownBkg

Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.v2.0.0.3
    Made changes to allow the added functions of Pixel Tweaks 6.2 based on Pixel 6 Pro November 2021 OTA

Pixel Tweaks v6.2
    Added ability to change the dark notification shade color (DropdownBkg)
    Added smaller text sizes for app labels
    Added up to 7x11 grid sizes

Pixel Tweaks Light Extension v1.1
    Added ability to change the light notification shade color (DropdownBkg)

Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.v2.0.0.2
    Made changes to allow the added functions of Pixel Tweaks 6.1 based on Pixel 6 Pro November 2021 OTA

Pixel Tweaks v6.1
    It only changes the dark theme now, use Pixel Tweaks Light Extension to edit the light theme.
    Added the ability to change the last 3 "Basic Colors" found under Wallpaper & style. (Accent1, Accent2, Accent3).
    Added the ability to change the dark Statusbar icon colors, the dark 3 Navigation button colors, and the dark gestural back arrows color (StatBarIcons).
    Added the ability to change the gestural navigation handle at the bottom (GestureNavHandle).,
    Added the ability to show more notifications (7).

Pixel Tweaks Light Extension v1.0
    Initial Android 12 Release
    Change the following light theme elements independently from Pixel Tweaks
    • App drawer background color
    • Folder background color
    • App drawer text color
    • Folder text color
    • Statusbar icons, 3 button navigation buttons, & gestural back arrows color
    • Gestural navigation handle color

Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.v2.0.0.1
    Initial Android 12 Release based on Pixel 6 Pro November 2021 OTA

Pixel Tweaks v6.0
    Initial Android 12 Release

Downloads for Pixel 6 lineup

Attached you will find 4 files that you can download. The apks are the actual Substratum Themes and one of the zips is needed in order for the theme to function properly. PT.Helper.SBR.zip is the exact same thing as the other plus the added removal of the home screen searchbar. This zip will only remove the searchbar in the home screen. If you don't want to remove the home screen searchbar please download and flash Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.zip instead.

Pixel Tweaks Helper v2.0.0.7 download count: 829
    Pixel Tweaks v6.5 download count: 622
    Pixel Tweaks Light Extension v1.2 download count: 785

Pixel Tweaks Helper v2.0.0.6 download count: 225
    Pixel Tweaks v6.4 download count: 184
    Pixel Tweaks Light Extension v1.1 download count: 57

Pixel Tweaks Helper v2.0.0.5 download count: 354

Pixel Tweaks Helper v2.0.0.4 download count: 389
    Pixel Tweaks v6.3 download count: 204

Pixel Tweaks Helper v2.0.0.3 download count: 159
    Pixel Tweaks v6.2 download count: 93

Pixel Tweaks Helper v2.0.0.2 download count: 231
    Pixel Tweaks v6.1 download count: 79
    Pixel Tweaks Light Extension v1.0 download count: 72

Pixel Tweaks Helper v2.0.0.1 download count: 110
    Pixel Tweaks v6.0 download count: 78
    Moderator Announcement

Thread preliminarily closed due to moderator's investigation and maintenance.
    Thread re-opened. Please refer to @coal686's post above.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator