• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question January Full OTA Image Available

Search This thread

gtaguitar7596

Nov 12, 2013
is it safe to install on tmobile varient? i have the dec update right now and want to get rid of it asap

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Google Pixel 6
OTA nothing. Sideloaded now. I have no fear here after the December mess. Was already on the Dec one. All looks good and works just like before. No differences.
US/ATT

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220114-162252.png
    Screenshot_20220114-162252.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

jusumgeezer

Mar 18, 2009
UK Pixel 6 user here on 3UK network.
Just sideloaded the OTA from the OP's link in post #1 the only version available at time of writing this.
December OTA - January OTA
Installed with no issues, rebooted fine & back up and running in no time.

The only real issue I experienced was if I lost mobile data signal, the phone wouldn't reconnect once I was back in range, meaning I had to manually toggle Aeroplane mode.
Hopefully the update fixes that problem.

Reactions: alvarorojas4

Sh0X31

Mar 27, 2010
Frankfurt am Main
I'm on December Image with disabled verification. I can update to January without disabling it? Do it wipe my store when I don't disable it? Thanks

poit

May 10, 2009
Colorado
Google Pixel 6
Just got it pushed to me OTA on T-Mobile USA. I was already on the sideloaded Dec update. Only 40mb for me. Wife's phone still on the Nov update just got a 200mb version OTA. I guess T-Mobile has alot more confidence in this update than the December version.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THREAD CLEANING:

As it has become necessary, many posts were deleted.
    This has gotten way out of hand here. I urge everyone to remember that this is a development forum and not a place to blow off some steam or to "troll" others for the sake of trolling others.
    It'd be nice to remain calm and focused on the topic of this thread.
    Let's show some respect and put aside everything that is not essential to the topic at hand.

I am going to watch this thread and any further off-topic posts, insults and the likes will be dealt with accordingly.

So let's get back on topic, shall we?

Friendly reminder:
    2. Member conduct.

Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

2.5 All members are expected to read and adhere to the XDA rules.

Stay safe everyone and happy on-topic posting!

Cheers,
    mrjuniork (Forum Moderator)
    Hi all,

Google has posted the full OTA images for the January P6 / P6 Pro update.

Doesn't look we have location specific versions this time (like November). No Verizon built yet either.

just me or the phone feels zippier?
    OTA nothing. Sideloaded now. I have no fear here after the December mess. Was already on the Dec one. All looks good and works just like before. No differences.
    US/ATT
    Those who have already side loaded Jan 2022 update or updated using the OTA, do you see any new features/bug fixes?
    Hold for me and call screening features are back