• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question January Full OTA Image Available

Search This thread

neptun2

Jul 25, 2009
I also got the OTA on unlocked european Pixel 6. I was on november update and got 240 MB OTA. It took a long time (maybe around an hour) to finish optimizing apps but after finished i don't see any problems for now. I even see around 5 dBm better signal at home than with november update. Tomorrow i will also test fingerprint to check for possible improvements.

mitchst2

Nov 9, 2011
HTC One (m7)
HTC 10

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220114-224404.png
    Screenshot_20220114-224404.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 79

poit

May 10, 2009
Colorado
Google Pixel 6
Optimization has been going for an hour and 10 minutes now, the progress bar is at about 60% . Im assuming the more apps you have, the longer optimization takes. I've got 137 apps that show up on the launcher.
Edit: Just finished, about an hour and 20 minutes

Last edited:

utnick

Nov 8, 2009
Texas
Optimization has been going for an hour and 10 minutes now, the progress bar is at about 60% . Im assuming the more apps you have, the longer optimization takes. I've got 137 apps that show up on the launcher.
Edit: Just finished, about an hour and 20 minutes
Yeah, this is why using sideload is so much better. 1+ hour versus 10 minutes.

crankshaft

Jan 13, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Wow the fingerprint scanner seems so much better now, it's worked every time but do need to test it under different conditions.

And signal seems improved too. Will be interesting to see what it's like at work were I barely get any reception anyway!

Nidstang

May 15, 2014
Google Pixel 6
I have an unlocked P6, using it on Verizon with an eSIM. I had sideloaded the December build. Got the January update OTA this afternoon.

I didn't have any issues with the December build, and so far it's smooth sailing on the January build as well. Really glad to see call screening back.

Reactions: Ens0

mateusz3112

Aug 13, 2012
Seems everything is fixed for me. All sensors are working now. Signal so far much better. Fingerprint scanner seems faster. Wow Google. 43Mb and that all took you almost a month and a half 👌👌👌

Reactions: strongergravity

evnStevn

Feb 21, 2015
Inverness
Google Pixel 6
Hi all,

Google has posted the full OTA images for the January P6 / P6 Pro update.

Doesn't look we have location specific versions this time (like November). No Verizon built yet either.

Yep, I received this earlier today via OTA, and it took a good 45 minutes to update even though it was only 40mb in size. And this put me on that latest build, so if you don't wanna do the dirty deed (data wipe) with flashing the image, check out and make certain an OTA isn't waiting on you? That's just my few cents... evnStevn

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220114-224123.png
    Screenshot_20220114-224123.png
    106.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20220114-235414~2.png
    Screenshot_20220114-235414~2.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 51

Top Liked Posts

THREAD CLEANING:

As it has become necessary, many posts were deleted.
    This has gotten way out of hand here. I urge everyone to remember that this is a development forum and not a place to blow off some steam or to "troll" others for the sake of trolling others.
    It'd be nice to remain calm and focused on the topic of this thread.
    Let's show some respect and put aside everything that is not essential to the topic at hand.

I am going to watch this thread and any further off-topic posts, insults and the likes will be dealt with accordingly.

So let's get back on topic, shall we?

Friendly reminder:
    2. Member conduct.

Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

2.5 All members are expected to read and adhere to the XDA rules.

Stay safe everyone and happy on-topic posting!

Cheers,
    mrjuniork (Forum Moderator)
    Hold for me and call screening features are back
    How about all of the software and hardware issues you were experiencing?
    Did the update fix everything that was eating at you?

Good luck and happy camping. 🍀
    Can someone extract and share the stock boot.img from the January pixel6 factory image?
    Here you go.
    Thank you so much! Hope it's from oriole. Not Raven.

EDIT: Yes, it is. Thank you!
    I was on the original Dec. Update Google rolled out OTA, never had a problem or bug so I decided to sit tight then I received this update. I'm at.work so I haven't had alot of time to check around to see what's new & improved.
    Does anyone know for sure if this is the Jan. fix to fix the Dec. update, because alot of folks are hinting it is and I would like to know for certain?! Many Thanks, evnStevn
    Yes it is.
    THREAD CLEANING:

As it has become necessary, many posts were deleted.
    This has gotten way out of hand here. I urge everyone to remember that this is a development forum and not a place to blow off some steam or to "troll" others for the sake of trolling others.
    It'd be nice to remain calm and focused on the topic of this thread.
    Let's show some respect and put aside everything that is not essential to the topic at hand.

I am going to watch this thread and any further off-topic posts, insults and the likes will be dealt with accordingly.

So let's get back on topic, shall we?

Friendly reminder:
    2. Member conduct.

Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

2.5 All members are expected to read and adhere to the XDA rules.

Stay safe everyone and happy on-topic posting!

Cheers,
    mrjuniork (Forum Moderator)
    Hi all,

Google has posted the full OTA images for the January P6 / P6 Pro update.

Doesn't look we have location specific versions this time (like November). No Verizon built yet either.

just me or the phone feels zippier?
    OTA nothing. Sideloaded now. I have no fear here after the December mess. Was already on the Dec one. All looks good and works just like before. No differences.
    US/ATT
    Those who have already side loaded Jan 2022 update or updated using the OTA, do you see any new features/bug fixes?
    Hold for me and call screening features are back