Question January Play System Update finally slow rolling out....

Search This thread

EtherealRemnant

When I went in to look at the date, I was already on January 1st, but it just gave me another 793KB patch anyway and I just rebooted. Still 1/1.

Screenshot_20230124-152440.png

Edit: Finally got the Game Dashboard back.

Screenshot_20230124-152656.png

Reactions: xdrc45

skymera

Mar 28, 2010
I'm still on the October play system update - I;m offered a 60MB uodate which starts installing at 12% downloaded, I get asked to reboot the device and when I do Im offered the same 60MB update
Is there any fix for this endless update cycle?

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
Quite amazing to see that my Aquos R6 (which literally a model that nowhere to be found in europe nor US) got the update earlier than my P7P. Although both on Jan now.

blackspp

Dec 5, 2010
Amsterdam
I was on November still, just clicked on play system buried in the about section and it pulled in some 700 KB.
Updated, still on November.

Rechecked and now 63 MB is pulled in. How annoying this doesn't go automatically as soon as it's available. OK, restarting, see what's next.

Jeez. Still on November.
Now a 569 KB update is in, again it says Google Play system update is available. Installing and restarting for the 3rd time.

Jeez. Still on November.
Now a 586 KB update is available, again it says Google Play system update is available. Installing and restarting for the 4rd time.

Checking, now it says: Your device is up to date.
Android version: 13
Google Play system update:
November 1, 2022

Security update is from Jan 5.

What a crappy process!!!

I was on November still, just clicked on play system buried in the about section and it pulled in some 700 KB.

Rechecked and now 63 MB is pulled in. How annoying this doesn't go automatically as soon as it's available. OK, restarting, see what's next.

Jeez. Still on November.
Now a 569 KB update is in, again it says Google Play system update is available. Installing and restarting for the 3rd time.

Jeez. Still on November.
Now a 586 KB update is available, again it says Google Play system update is available. Installing and restarting for the 4rd time.

November 1, 2022

What a crappy process!!!
Pretty much the same here over the last week or so.....but I did start to see new features. Like saving Drivers license in Wallet.....

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
Apr 13, 2008
New Jersey
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Jeez. Still on November.

Jeez. Still on November.

November 1, 2022

What a crappy process!!!
The exact same thing I did this morning and got the same result. Just tried it again and 63mb update. Installed and rebooted and now January 1. There was another 569kb update and rebooted. This one took forever. Checked it again all up to date.

nico933

Jan 2, 2014
I Force close the Play store and now I've got the update, i don't know if it's a coincidence but i tried more times before force closing without any luck

Reactions: HipKat and cmh714

Top Liked Posts