• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

January security patch for Google Play Store

Search This thread

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin
As of Feb 7th, 2020 still no play store security update ...any one else seeing this?
If you are talking about the Google play system update, it was mentioned on the security bulletin page that this month there is none... Weirdly i just checked now and got one, but i guess its just a number bump.
Btw you can check for updates if you just press on it in the settings page (see the attached pic)

About the playstore version, yes its a staged rollout, don't worry if you don't have the latest version. Also the playstore (app) version has nothing to do with the "google play system update" those are 2 different things.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200208-130742.jpg
    Screenshot_20200208-130742.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: KBKushVader22

Bramton1

Apr 13, 2011
Columbia, MD
Yes, both are staged rollouts. However, OTA updates can be "forced" by manually pressing the "Check for update" button, which sadly doesn't work for Google Play system update.

I really don't think pressing "Check for update" forces anything. Updating to the February security patch yesterday via the ADB method. Tried your way before, nada.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These things are usually rolled out progressively, like OTAs are. The latest (18.6.43) was released two days ago.
    These things are usually rolled out progressively, like OTAs are. The latest (18.6.43) was released two days ago.

Yes, both are staged rollouts. However, OTA updates can be "forced" by manually pressing the "Check for update" button, which sadly doesn't work for Google Play system update.
    As of Feb 7th, 2020 still no play store security update ...any one else seeing this?
    If you are talking about the Google play system update, it was mentioned on the security bulletin page that this month there is none... Weirdly i just checked now and got one, but i guess its just a number bump.
    Btw you can check for updates if you just press on it in the settings page (see the attached pic)

About the playstore version, yes its a staged rollout, don't worry if you don't have the latest version. Also the playstore (app) version has nothing to do with the "google play system update" those are 2 different things.
    I have been updating like this since I got the Pixel 3a and it always worked on the first day when the update was released.

The button used to be "placebo" effect before, but then they fixed it with a certain version of the Google Play Services about a year ago.

Read more about this: https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/...-the-check-for-update-button-on-pixels-again/