January Update Broken Substratum again?

Search This thread

SB13X

Jun 14, 2010
England, UK
Having trouble with certain overlays not installing since updating to January patch, worked before with Substratum 1015 and Magisk 18 but now having issues again. No Swift Black overlays I'm using work, most but not all of my PBO overlays are being applied.

Anyone any info or getting the same?

Badger50

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 27, 2011
Kansas City
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
Having trouble with certain overlays not installing since updating to January patch, worked before with Substratum 1015 and Magisk 18 but now having issues again. No Swift Black overlays I'm using work, most but not all of my PBO overlays are being applied.

Do you have the substratum magisk module installed? If so, then delete the module and substratum app, reboot then authorize them both again.

Reactions: SB13X

SB13X

Jun 14, 2010
England, UK
Do you have the substratum magisk module installed? If so, then delete the module and substratum app, reboot then authorize them both again.

No I've never used the Magisk module before now and everythings worked okay ? will try using the module see if it helps. Thanks for replying.

The module is not for Oreo or later but uninstalling and reinstalling substratum helped with the PBO theme but appears Swift Black is still borked. At least I've found the culprit.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone