• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General January update has dropped.

Search This thread

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
its the normal Global Google release, Verizon will be behind a day or two...
Source for that information? They either always or mostly consolidate their builds into one eventually, so unless there's official confirmation, it could be this might be the only image. Doesn't say Global. We'll find out eventually! 😂

Last edited:

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Is this the same update that I've just received which is about 41.3mb?
Sounds more like a Google Play System update. What version are you on? They started rolling out the December Play System update just recently for those who haven't gotten it yet, so if you are on one earlier than December it may just be that and not the monthly security update, given that small size.

But then again, maybe it's a small one.

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

orlans21

Jan 4, 2013
Checked to see if the update is available through OTA and it is but a little odd to see a 41mb update.

orlans21

Jan 4, 2013
Screenshot_20220114-162259.png

Well I guess I'll just wait and see once it reboots

Source for that information? They either always or mostly consolidate their builds into one eventually, so unless there's official confirmation, it could be our might not be. Doesn't say Global.
Its my opinion that, that is what Google first releases always.....now that doesnt mean everyone should just go use it relative to where they might be and whom is their carrier. The US carriers are always a day or so behind, and I think same for the European flavors...my opinion.

EDIT: Also, I am a Verizon customer and have NEVER run Verizon code on any of my Google devices. The base release works just fine....

EDIT: And for clarity, I am coming from the November release, so that may be the reason I am 215MB update??? just a thought

wilpang

Feb 10, 2014
Blackburn
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Sounds more like a Google Play System update. What version are you on? They started rolling out the December Play System update just recently for those who haven't gotten it yet, so if you are on one earlier than December it may just be that and not the monthly security update, given that small size.

But then again, maybe it's a small one.

I had that a few days ago, on Dec 1 2021

As per cmh714 I'm on Dec update already so might just be an update to that but yeah I will post info once updated.
I'll post mine as well once I finish....But I can start with In the US, my carrier is VZW and I ONLY run Google code not Verizon code....My phone was on November Google code .036.....stay tuned

Top Liked Posts