General January update has dropped.

Search This thread

whatsisnametake2

Sep 15, 2008
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8 Pro
If you're coming from November, then yes, should be 215 MB. Smaller if you're coming from December. data/ota doesn't have anything additional?

What are the filenames of what's in either? Also - may be compressed to less than 215 MB??? Just an idea, but not sure if would be, or if 215 MB would be the compressed size already.
payload_properties
payload_metadata
metadata
care_map

I'm coming from november so it should be 215mb which was confirmed in the update window. payload_properties lists file size as 215. I don't think theyre compressed because all the files are only about 1mb in total.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
payload_properties
payload_metadata
metadata
care_map

I'm coming from november so it should be 215mb which was confirmed in the update window. payload_properties lists file size as 215. I don't think theyre compressed because all the files are only about 1mb in total.
Hmmmmm indeed. Well, I would expect if you shut off your WiFi and Mobile Data and at least delete those four files (I confirm there's nothing in there on mine), then you would *probably* be okay since I'm sure those files are needed to even start the process, I would hope.

If you delete those and take your chances, I would start the flash of the full factory image (modified removing the "-w ") while you're still in Android, as the script will boot it into Fastboot. Just make sure you have the very latest Platform Tools, too. I haven't checked if they updated them for January yet, but it's always a good habit with each update.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
The fact that both T-Mobile and Verizon unrooted users are getting the OTA to the same SQ1D.220105.007 release, whereas they weren't getting the same release for December (T-Mobile was getting Global, and Verizon was getting the U.S. Carriers) gives further evidence that this may be a consolidated build, thankfully. Hopefully, it's true.

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
The fact that both T-Mobile and Verizon unrooted users are getting the OTA to the same SQ1D.220105.007 release, whereas they weren't getting the same release for December (T-Mobile was getting Global, and Verizon was getting the U.S. Carriers) gives further evidence that this may be a consolidated build, thankfully. Hopefully, it's true.
it is a consolidated build

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
I received the January Security update and I had previously sideloaded the December update.

Attachments

• 2566b78b7eb45d959f65f607401da1fe.jpg
    2566b78b7eb45d959f65f607401da1fe.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts