January update

Search This thread

nehuy

Feb 12, 2012
Bariloche
Yea, u may had changed something in system partition. Even un background, reflash stock system, keep bootloader unlocked and go on
Thanks!
I'm sorry to keep bothering you, but maybe you know if using this fastboot command would erase the phone data?
"fastboot flash system_a system.img"

slimshady76

Aug 11, 2009
Berisso
Absolutely no bug fixes in the January update. No AAC, only SBC codec. No notification bar spacing fixes. Nice!

I have had no chance to verify if it really works, but if I
pair the phone to my car's stereo, play something on Spotify and change the codec to AAC or LDAC the selection sticks. This happened on the December patch and still works on the January one. I have meant to pair it to my laptop to verify the codec used but haven't had the chance to do it.

Jan 19, 2019
Hi

Hi everyone. Let me ask you a question please. I have been having this problem about the high levels of CPU cores.. I have deactivate fingerprint sensor and eventually the problem appears again. So, I would be very appreciated of any advice or any word about it from you. Thank you.

aasiaasi

Jan 17, 2016
Karachi
There is a bug with Chinese letters appearing in SIM cards color menu.

Yes, You Are Right. Same Goes To Me..

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

Sim swap problem is also fixed now, slot 2 shows SIM 2 and 1 shows 1 respectively

Can You Please Tell Me Where Is The SIM Swap Option As I Couldn't Found Yet. Thanks

AnonymousAL

Dec 17, 2017
There is a bug with Chinese letters appearing in SIM cards color menu.
I don't think it is a deal breaker! It's a problem with the language because if you choose Francais for example those does appear as it should. However it is not a problem!

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

From the build 10.0.2.0 and up all the builds are stable and not beta builds. Because the build 10.0.2.0 is shown as stock rom from miui on miui page. 10.0.1.0 was not there so these two are the stable builds

AnonymousAL

Dec 17, 2017
And as i can see i think dual 4g is activated now but even if it isnt a switch for that i can see both sims with 4g

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190119-132950.png
    Screenshot_20190119-132950.png
    176.2 KB · Views: 451
Reactions: slimshady76

peoeope

Oct 29, 2017
You can update to the January SecurityPatch by following these steps:
1. Search for updates using your mobile data.
2. When the search is done you should see the January Patch (which is around 73MB in size).
3. It will say ''waiting for Wi-Fi'' in yellow text.
4. Turn on your Wi-Fi and you should be good to go.

Goncalodoom

Sep 18, 2016
I updated to January update and none of the SIMs work now... lol nice job Xiaomi...
Same problem here. After the update it says that I need to turn off airplane mode to make phone call LOL what an ablsolute worthless update... instead of fixing things it ****s it up.

Last edited:

rob420p

Dec 16, 2013
Bmore
Adaway messed with host file in /system so it counts as tampered, phone will never take ota.

U need to restore stock and untouched host file or either flash stock untouched 10.0.2 from MiFlash
Thanks for the info I use adaway also.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Same problem here. After the update is that I need to turn off airplane mode to make phone call LOL what an ablsolute worthless update... instead of fixing things it ****s it up.
Really appreciate that I'ma skip this update I'll see how February looks

Goncalodoom

Sep 18, 2016
Ok, fixed it by flashing the modem.emmc backup I did with TWRP, or you can install from fastboot the modem.img from the previous update 10.0.2.0.PDLMIFJ_9.0

Last edited:

rfkd

Jul 22, 2012
Ulm
Adaway messed with host file in /system so it counts as tampered, phone will never take ota.
Magisk v17 had a built in systemless hosts mode (which was enabled by default iirc) but starting with v18 they moved it to a Magisk module which is not installed by default any more.

Were you guys able to update whilst maintaining magisk?
Unfortunately not and I guess AdAway in combination with the previously mentioned change in Magisk caused it over here.

rfkd

Jul 22, 2012
Ulm
If anybody is on 10.0.2.0 (Pie with December patch level) and the OTA update fails (because of a modified system partition) try the following:
  • Download and extract the 10.0.2.0 fastboot ROM on a PC
  • Copy the extracted boot.img to your phone, create a patched_boot.bin with Magisk Manager (Install, Patch boot image) and copy it to the PC
  • Put the phone in fastboot mode
  • Flash the system partition to the active slot (fastboot flash system system.img)
  • Boot the patched boot image (fastboot boot patched_boot.bin)
  • Install Magisk via Magisk Manager (direct install)
  • Reboot
  • Apply the OTA update like always
This worked just fine for me.

Reactions: skyline91 and nehuy

gufone

Apr 12, 2010
I tried to apply the OTA update as always, but it fails. This thing of OTAs with magisk installed is becoming a pain in the ass.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The A1 had the January update first because Xiaomi messed up its LTE bands, so they had to prioritize it.

With respect to the pure Android/MIUI controversy, this is an Android One phone, I don't understand why there are so many people asking for a MIUI port. I bought it exactly because it doesn't have any bullshit on top of Android.
    I'm failing to update even after "restoring image" option turned on in magisk.
    ¿What could be the problem? I have substratum theme engine, adaway and youtube venced only using root.
    After a reboot I lost magisk/root, but still can't upgrade :c

U need to restore stock and untouched host file or either flash stock untouched 10.0.2 from MiFlash
    If anybody is on 10.0.2.0 (Pie with December patch level) and the OTA update fails (because of a modified system partition) try the following:
    • Download and extract the 10.0.2.0 fastboot ROM on a PC
    • Copy the extracted boot.img to your phone, create a patched_boot.bin with Magisk Manager (Install, Patch boot image) and copy it to the PC
    • Put the phone in fastboot mode
    • Flash the system partition to the active slot (fastboot flash system system.img)
    • Boot the patched boot image (fastboot boot patched_boot.bin)
    • Install Magisk via Magisk Manager (direct install)
    • Reboot
    • Apply the OTA update like always
    This worked just fine for me.
    The A1 had the January update first because Xiaomi messed up its LTE bands, so they had to prioritize it.

With respect to the pure Android/MIUI controversy, this is an Android One phone, I don't understand why there are so many people asking for a MIUI port. I bought it exactly because it doesn't have any bullshit on top of Android.

Exactly. I came to this phone from an original Pixel XL and couldn't give a flying fluff about MIUI. I came to this phone FOR the no-bloat stock Android experience and it's nearly exactly what I expected. I also don't care if updates are a few days or even weeks late -- this was normal on the Pixel as well. Pie works pretty flawlessly, not sure why people are downgrading unless they have major WiFi/LTE issues. SBC can definitely be a compromise for Bluetooth while waiting. None of the visual stuff is going away except possibly a correction in the status bar icon spacing because it's the stock experience.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone