[JB][28-12-2012] CyanogenMod 10 for Motorola Milestone 2 (Android 4.1.2)

Search This thread

altgrr

Mar 23, 2006
i've tried this rom but it doesn't work well, home and search button don't work, it keep saying aosp keyboard and ota updater crashes and i can't put my google account because it crash at the end

i've tried 11/03 and 11/10

I know it's ages since you posted this, but I'm replying in case anyone else comes up against the same problem.

This happened to me, and I think it was a problem with the cache partition. I tried to format the cache partition in recovery, but it didn't work - it said it couldn't mount it. I had to reflash the stock GB ROM using RSD Lite (using the instructions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1032372) and start again from scratch. But once I did that, everything worked fine.

My problem could have been caused by starting off from Froyo, or the fact that I tried Engle Mars's 4.2.1 ROM first - I don't know. But the RSD Lite procedure was painless.

Reactions: Zambo27

ssjoker

Aug 7, 2012
Tehran
Tezet you rom is best. The rom eagle mars fail. Please update this rom or work in rom eagle mars

Enviado de meu A953 usando o Tapatalk 2

Hi my friend
I suggest you flash custom kernel and install cm9 ics sfc3001 .because cm9 based on gingerbread and it is very faster than jellybeen .
Please try it and tell.
Thanks

Sent from my MotoA953 using xda app-developers app

Zambo27

Jan 21, 2012
I know it's ages since you posted this, but I'm replying in case anyone else comes up against the same problem.

This happened to me, and I think it was a problem with the cache partition. I tried to format the cache partition in recovery, but it didn't work - it said it couldn't mount it. I had to reflash the stock GB ROM using RSD Lite (using the instructions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1032372) and start again from scratch. But once I did that, everything worked fine.

My problem could have been caused by starting off from Froyo, or the fact that I tried Engle Mars's 4.2.1 ROM first - I don't know. But the RSD Lite procedure was painless.

thanks, it worked well
the phone is fast and responsive, without big problem

ncc74656

May 5, 2008
Hi my friend
I suggest you flash custom kernel and install cm9 ics sfc3001 .because cm9 based on gingerbread and it is very faster than jellybeen .
Please try it and tell.
Thanks

Is there any procedure how to do that?

ssjoker

Aug 7, 2012
Tehran

crazyteknohed

Apr 10, 2011

Hello.

I had similar problems. Flashed CM10.1 over Tezet's CM10 and quite frankly it was awful. Frequent lockups and reboots made the ROM unusable so I tried flashing back to CM10 and then encountered the cache partition error that you spoke of.

Now I have reflashed EU GB SBF via RSD Lite and the phone is stuck on bootloop. Tried several times but to no avail. Any ideas?

altgrr

Mar 23, 2006
Hello.

I had similar problems. Flashed CM10.1 over Tezet's CM10 and quite frankly it was awful. Frequent lockups and reboots made the ROM unusable so I tried flashing back to CM10 and then encountered the cache partition error that you spoke of.

Now I have reflashed EU GB SBF via RSD Lite and the phone is stuck on bootloop. Tried several times but to no avail. Any ideas?

I followed the guide here, and it just worked. Can you get into stock recovery, and have you tried calling "wipe data"? If you can, that might help - and it might also show you if there are problems with the data partition that are stopping it from booting up.

I don't know the details of how the SBF files work and whether trying a different SBF would help - I picked the one that matches my phone and it worked.

I'm not an expert, but I hope that's pointed you in the right direction. Good luck!

crazyteknohed

Apr 10, 2011
Hello.

Managed to get it into stock recovery and, lo and behold, still reporting /cache errors. A format and cache wipe later and the phone boots up.

So maybe it's possible to just use stock recovery to format/wipe cache when there are /cache errors rather than re-flashing a stock SBF?

lulli1

Dec 12, 2011
Managed to get it into stock recovery and, lo and behold, still reporting /cache errors. A format and cache wipe later and the phone boots up.

So maybe it's possible to just use stock recovery to format/wipe cache when there are /cache errors rather than re-flashing a stock SBF?

its always worth a try. helped me several times when i got a boot loop. flashing back a stock sbf is the last way i would go, cause its more work :D

thetaylor

Nov 23, 2008
How do I get back to the bootstrap recovery to install G Apps when I've already installed CM? Its not clear in the instructions on the main post and the Droid2 Bootstrap Recovery installs but will not reboot into recovery mode?

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Nevermind, reboot -> recovery. Idiot =]

thetaylor

Nov 23, 2008

I'm having a lot of problems now, I'm getting the same error regarding the aosp keyboard and ola updater and when I plugin the USB I get nothing. How do I restore using RSD lite if I cannot get a USB connection?

altgrr

Mar 23, 2006
I'm having a lot of problems now, I'm getting the same error regarding the aosp keyboard and ola updater and when I plugin the USB I get nothing. How do I restore using RSD lite if I cannot get a USB connection?

To restore using RSD Lite, you need a USB connection.

What you have to do depends on what you mean by not being able to get a USB connection. If RSD Lite can't see the phone after step 3 in the restore instructions, then check if you get a USB connection when plugging the phone in normally (does the phone detect that it's connected via USB, does the phone offer to change the USB connection mode, does the computer detect the phone when it's not in charge-only mode?). If you can't get a USB data connection - even if the phone charges over USB - chances are your USB cable is broken. It's possible that the USB cable will work with other phones but not the Milestone 2 - I have encountered that before.

thetaylor

Nov 23, 2008
To restore using RSD Lite, you need a USB connection.

What you have to do depends on what you mean by not being able to get a USB connection. If RSD Lite can't see the phone after step 3 in the restore instructions, then check if you get a USB connection when plugging the phone in normally (does the phone detect that it's connected via USB, does the phone offer to change the USB connection mode, does the computer detect the phone when it's not in charge-only mode?). If you can't get a USB data connection - even if the phone charges over USB - chances are your USB cable is broken. It's possible that the USB cable will work with other phones but not the Milestone 2 - I have encountered that before.

Ok, that was my fault. For some reason it took me a while to get into the bootloader. Anyway, I'm using a UK milestone 2 and I've tried both british SBF's from that page and neither work. Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

I tried that and still received the errors.

DJPatriX

Feb 26, 2009
Warsaw
I have the same problem later, it's always happens when I flash my m2 to 10.1 and after that I make downgrade to cm by tezet.

But my solution for that is simple and work for me. Firstly flash original sbf (for me is one of bl4 rom's) and after that go to classic recovery and do full wipe. For me works like a charm ;)

Sent from my A953 using xda. Best regards from Poland ;)

lulli1

Dec 12, 2011
you guys have problems, because of the filesystem. engle mars took 4, tezets is based on 3.
i think a few pages before engle explained what to do, to change back file system.
my way is: restore a nandroid of tezets rom. and thats it....:D

DJPatriX

Feb 26, 2009
Warsaw
you guys have problems, because of the filesystem. engle mars took 4, tezets is based on 3.
i think a few pages before engle explained what to do, to change back file system.
my way is: restore a nandroid of tezets rom. and thats it....:D

The best solution it's just wipe data from stock recovery. That's all.

Sent from my A953 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10 for Motorola Milestone 2

[ Downloads | Google apps ]

Changelog

11.08.2012 - Initial release based on Quarx2k's, Epsylon3's and Nadlabak's brilliant work.
    12.08.2012 - Fixed mobile data, added initial value for keypad type, support for GB kernel.
    19.08.2012 - Common builds for Froyo and GB kernels (verified on UK Froyo and CH GB), keylayouts from alexc804's CM9. CM team implemented some more Trebuchet settings.
    22.08.2012 - Fix bootmenu overclock, fix compass, CM10 bootanimation, reduced heapsize, drop support for Froyo kernels, clean up proprietary files.
    23.08.2012 - OTA updates via otaupdatecenter.pro app
    25.08.2012 - Preserve baseband during updates, fix crashing Hostapd (thx stargo!), plug OTA updater into Settings->Additional system updates
    28.08.2012 - Fixed audio in car dock (thx to Nadlabak)
    29.08.2012 - Fixed WiFi tethering (thx to stargo)
    30.08.2012 - Fixed WiFi channels > 12
    01.09.2012 - Use native JB keyboard layout switching (Settings -> Language & input -> Physical keyboard). Added battd compatibility for Froyo kernels (I still recommend using GB kernels as the only supported ones).
    03.09.2012 - Fixed audio in video recording, stereo audio enabled, decreased FPS in video preview (Quarx2k)
    04.09.2012 - Fixed compass, improved video perfomance (nadlabak), updated SGX libs (Quarx2k), fixes for qwertz layout
    08.09.2012 - Added baseband selection, modified currency symbols in keyboard layouts, proprietary files used from UK 2.3.4, updated OTA Updater
    10.09.2012 - Added US and UK QWERTY variants, alternative chars at ALT+SHIFT.
    12.09.2012 - Hopefully fixed data connection problems (thanks to SlugZero)
    17.09.2012 - Corrected azerty layout, corrected charging LEDs, new touch screen driver (thx M1cha) + multitouch fix, torch LED while focusing (thx paalsteek), call recording enabled libaudio
    22.09.2012 - Key next to ALT mapped as CTRL (useful for keyboard layout switching), final fix for torch light while focusing, reverted preview FPS limit to improve audio stability during video recording
    23.09.2012 - Corrected superuser, added hebrew (thx to Skyfox1) and polish keyboard layouts
    29.09.2012 - Fixed portuguese time format (thx to Snowraptor)
    09.10.2012 - Custom kernel (thx to Czechop) - consider this build as unstable/experimental. Boot reason is broken - OTA update won't boot into recovery, you need to enter recovery manually (volume down while booting).
    13.10.2012 - Android 4.1.2, CRT animation, live wallpapers (2nd-init build)
    27.10.2012 - Fix boot reason, fix charge only mode, fix low performance after boot, kernel optimizations, JB interactive governor, power hal (need interactive governor to work properly), fix overclock (thx to SkrilaxCZ, Nadlabak and Quarx2k)
    03.11.2012 - Fixed battery usage and CPU frequency stats, added more Live Wallpapers, new CM File Manager (read this)
    10.11.2012 - Fixes for 2ndboot, 10MB more of free RAM (thx to Nadlabak)
    28.12.2012 - Fixed CM File Manager

Hints & issues
    • lgCamera works better with video recording
    • Currently wipe data and cache in OTA updater does not work
    • CM10 does not contain Car home, you need to install it manually (search for google car home)

Installation guide for stock roms users

1) Root your phone (you may use SuperOneClick root method)
    2) Install Droid2 Bootstrap Recovery
    3) Open Droid2 Bootstrap Recovery and tap "Bootstrap Recovery", then "Reboot Recovery" granting root privileges. The phone should reboot into recovery. Use volume buttons to navigate, camera button to accept, power button to go back. You will install files by selecting "Install zip from sdcard".
    4) Optionally: create a backup of your data
    5) Install latest CM ROM image file.
    6) Optionally: install Google Apps
    7) Select "Wipe data/factory reset"
    8) Reboot and enjoy :)
    9) Optionally: select baseband version corresponding to your country and BPSW version

Installation guide for CMx roms users

1) Optionally: create a backup of your data
    2) Install latest CM ROM image file.
    3) Optionally: install Google Apps
    4) Wipe data and cache partition
    5) Reboot and enjoy :)
    6) Optionally: select baseband version corresponding to your country and BPSW version

Installing updates

The most convenient way of installing updates is through built-in OTA updater. Note that currently wipe options do not work there, so you may need to do it manually in recovery. For most cases that won't be necessary though.

Sources

repo init -u git://github.com/tezet/android.git -b jellybean

Donations

If you like and appreciate my work, and you may donate here (now in English).

I do not provide support by PM nor e-mail. Please ask questions here.
    New version uploaded. All regression introduced with custom kernel is fixed now.
    New version uploaded. This time 2nd-init version. Remember that if you upgraded to 2nd-boot version it won't enter recovery automaticaly.
    With this it is currently building...

And I now got wifi tethering working :)

Patches against frameworks/base, hardware/libhardware_legacy and device/moto/milestone2 can be found at: http://cm-ms2.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/build/michael/jb-wifi-tethering/

Best regards,
    Michael
    Mobile data bug is fixed now.