[JB][28-12-2012] CyanogenMod 10 for Motorola Milestone 2 (Android 4.1.2)

Search This thread

MaeSiuS

Sep 18, 2007
Accidently exited Bootstrap, phone hangs a CyanogenMod boot animation

Hi there,
CyanogenMod is the first ROM I try to flash to my unmodified Milestone2. I followed the green steps from this thread's first post.
1) Root your phone (you may use SuperOneClick root method)
2) Install Droid2 Bootstrap Recovery
3) Open Droid2 Bootstrap Recovery and tap "Bootstrap Recovery", then "Reboot Recovery" granting root privileges. The phone should reboot into recovery. Use volume buttons to navigate, camera button to accept, power button to go back. You will install files by selecting "Install zip from sdcard".
4) Optionally: create a backup of your data
5) Install latest CM ROM image file.

6) Optionally: install Google Apps
7) Select "Wipe data/factory reset"
8) Reboot and enjoy
9) Optionally: select baseband version corresponding to your country and BPSW version
Unfortunately I couldn't proceed to the steps in red because I accidently fired an action (I think it was the uppermost option (reboot) in the Bootstrap menu.) The phone rebooted and hangs at the beautiful CyanogenMod boot animation.
There is another error I made: I installed the CyanogenMod ROM CM10-20121228-NIGHTLY-milestone2.zip already in step 3. Before creating the backup. Does this mean that the backup I created is corrupt?
The boot screen is shown for about half an hour now and the LED glows red.
Pressing the power button (long or short) shows no effect. So what's next?
Can my phone be saved?
Help is very much appreciated.

Regards MaeSiuS

Last edited:

Lean946

Jul 29, 2012
Buenos Aires
Hi there,
CyanogenMod is the first ROM I try to flash to my unmodified Milestone2. I followed the green steps from this thread's first post.

Unfortunately I couldn't proceed to the steps in red because I accidently fired an action (I think it was the uppermost option (reboot) in the Bootstrap menu.) The phone rebooted and hangs at the beautiful CyanogenMod boot animation.
There is another error I made: I installed the CyanogenMod ROM CM10-20121228-NIGHTLY-milestone2.zip already in step 3. Before creating the backup. Does this mean that the backup I created is corrupt?
The boot screen is shown for about half an hour now and the LED glows red.
Pressing the power button (long or short) shows no effect. So what's next?
Can my phone be saved?
Help is very much appreciated.

Regards MaeSiuS

If you did a backup after flashing CM, you created a backup of CM, not your original ROM.
Regarding the phone hanging in the boot screen: take the battery out, put it back in, turn it on, and when the led flashes blue, press the volume down button. Go to recovery, and wipe data.
Good luck.

MaeSiuS

Sep 18, 2007
Cyanogen up and running

If you did a backup after flashing CM, you created a backup of CM, not your original ROM.
Regarding the phone hanging in the boot screen: take the battery out, put it back in, turn it on, and when the led flashes blue, press the volume down button. Go to recovery, and wipe data.
Good luck.
Hi Lean946,
thanks for your advice. Cyanogen is running now. Google apps were missing. Got the gapps*.zip but the bootloader you enter by pressing X+Camera+Power and then @ had no option to install zip from SD-Card
But the one you get according to your hint has this option in the Recovery section. Now I can start reinstalling all my apps.
Once again, thank you very much.

Goodnight,
MaeSiuS

lulli1

Dec 12, 2011
for thoose of you who miss pdroid in this rom (opd isn't patchable as well) try this one:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2320783

[MOD][XPOSED][4.1+][BETA][DEV] XPrivacy 0.34 The ultimate privacy manager [20130624]

you need xposed installer who integrates this app into the framework. works very well and is a better solution than lbe security. isn't it?

here's a screenshot
bazy3eta.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lean946

schipleon

Feb 22, 2009
Slow performance

Hello!

I installed this mod, however for some reason my milestone 2 is performing really slow, while the processor is set to 1000mhz.

Does anyone have a clue what could be the problem and how to solve this?

Regards,
Leon

CM10 for Motorola Milestone 2

Last edited:

lulli1

Dec 12, 2011
1. never quote the OP`s

2. do you have a clean installation, or a lot of apps installed? Do a full wipe in your custom recovery and check if your problems are gone. If not:

3. flash the crossbreeder. That will speed up your phone. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2113150
recomendation for all users!

4. go to the following path with any root explorer "system/build.prob" and open that file as a text file. Scroll down and add the folling line:
sys.mem.max_hidden_apps=4
save this file. Don´t change the permissions! Must be rw-r-r. And reboot.
You will set a max. prozesslimit with this line. (For any other users. This won´t work on cm10.1 roms. CM removed that funktion for later builds than cm10).

5. Reboot into bootloader and overclock your MS2 to 1.200 Mhz. Increase the vsel as well (mine are 64 at 1200 Mhz). you will find some other experiances in this thread. Use the search function.

6. flash the BoostedASSv2 governor http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2013117
good luck!

Last edited:

diavolobianco

Dec 1, 2011
hey guys after long time using this rom i decided to flash back stock rom 2.3.4 italian retail, but after flash i got stucked into moto logo. pressing x while booting up nothing happens, so i can't go into stock recovery for wipe cache and data after flash. i tried to flash uk sbf and ch/at/de too but always same problem. any suggestion?

Alchedin

• Jun 1, 2012
    hey guys after long time using this rom i decided to flash back stock rom 2.3.4 italian retail, but after flash i got stucked into moto logo. pressing x while booting up nothing happens, so i can't go into stock recovery for wipe cache and data after flash. i tried to flash uk sbf and ch/at/de too but always same problem. any suggestion?

Try instead of the "X" the "up" arrow button.

lulli1

Dec 12, 2011
    Really stuck as the CM10 does not have SIM toolkit which i really need.

Any howtos or ideas how to get it up and running on the phone?.

isn´t that included in the spare parts apk? I can´t check it myself, cause I deleted this app (didn´t need it).
    But I can upload it out of the System folder of the ROM zip. Try it out....

Attachments

• SpareParts.apk
      23.1 KB · Views: 13

ullivilli

Dec 1, 2011
    isn´t that included in the spare parts apk? I can´t check it myself, cause I deleted this app (didn´t need it).
    But I can upload it out of the System folder of the ROM zip. Try it out....

I think it is not so easy.
    The toolkit i am seeking for is for Estonian Mobile-ID

The problem seems to be similar.
    https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=40661
    So i have a feeling that it's not only my problem.
    So far the proposed workaround does not work.

Last edited:

lulli1

Dec 12, 2011
    if you follow your link, you will see, that this app doesn´t run on Android 4.2 and up. This thread is for Android 4.1.x, so you shouldn´t get problems.
    For what do you need this app exactly? Maybe we can help you solving your problem otherwise....

lulli1

Dec 12, 2011
    of course a little.... but as you don´t need the highest level all the time (just in case of multiple processes at the same time), you won´t really realize it. Try it out and find the answer. You can undo the overclocking when ever you want....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      CM10 for Motorola Milestone 2

[ Downloads | Google apps ]

Changelog

11.08.2012 - Initial release based on Quarx2k's, Epsylon3's and Nadlabak's brilliant work.
      12.08.2012 - Fixed mobile data, added initial value for keypad type, support for GB kernel.
      19.08.2012 - Common builds for Froyo and GB kernels (verified on UK Froyo and CH GB), keylayouts from alexc804's CM9. CM team implemented some more Trebuchet settings.
      22.08.2012 - Fix bootmenu overclock, fix compass, CM10 bootanimation, reduced heapsize, drop support for Froyo kernels, clean up proprietary files.
      23.08.2012 - OTA updates via otaupdatecenter.pro app
      25.08.2012 - Preserve baseband during updates, fix crashing Hostapd (thx stargo!), plug OTA updater into Settings->Additional system updates
      28.08.2012 - Fixed audio in car dock (thx to Nadlabak)
      29.08.2012 - Fixed WiFi tethering (thx to stargo)
      30.08.2012 - Fixed WiFi channels > 12
      01.09.2012 - Use native JB keyboard layout switching (Settings -> Language & input -> Physical keyboard). Added battd compatibility for Froyo kernels (I still recommend using GB kernels as the only supported ones).
      03.09.2012 - Fixed audio in video recording, stereo audio enabled, decreased FPS in video preview (Quarx2k)
      04.09.2012 - Fixed compass, improved video perfomance (nadlabak), updated SGX libs (Quarx2k), fixes for qwertz layout
      08.09.2012 - Added baseband selection, modified currency symbols in keyboard layouts, proprietary files used from UK 2.3.4, updated OTA Updater
      10.09.2012 - Added US and UK QWERTY variants, alternative chars at ALT+SHIFT.
      12.09.2012 - Hopefully fixed data connection problems (thanks to SlugZero)
      17.09.2012 - Corrected azerty layout, corrected charging LEDs, new touch screen driver (thx M1cha) + multitouch fix, torch LED while focusing (thx paalsteek), call recording enabled libaudio
      22.09.2012 - Key next to ALT mapped as CTRL (useful for keyboard layout switching), final fix for torch light while focusing, reverted preview FPS limit to improve audio stability during video recording
      23.09.2012 - Corrected superuser, added hebrew (thx to Skyfox1) and polish keyboard layouts
      29.09.2012 - Fixed portuguese time format (thx to Snowraptor)
      09.10.2012 - Custom kernel (thx to Czechop) - consider this build as unstable/experimental. Boot reason is broken - OTA update won't boot into recovery, you need to enter recovery manually (volume down while booting).
      13.10.2012 - Android 4.1.2, CRT animation, live wallpapers (2nd-init build)
      27.10.2012 - Fix boot reason, fix charge only mode, fix low performance after boot, kernel optimizations, JB interactive governor, power hal (need interactive governor to work properly), fix overclock (thx to SkrilaxCZ, Nadlabak and Quarx2k)
      03.11.2012 - Fixed battery usage and CPU frequency stats, added more Live Wallpapers, new CM File Manager (read this)
      10.11.2012 - Fixes for 2ndboot, 10MB more of free RAM (thx to Nadlabak)
      28.12.2012 - Fixed CM File Manager

Hints & issues
      • lgCamera works better with video recording
      • Currently wipe data and cache in OTA updater does not work
      • CM10 does not contain Car home, you need to install it manually (search for google car home)

Installation guide for stock roms users

1) Root your phone (you may use SuperOneClick root method)
      2) Install Droid2 Bootstrap Recovery
      3) Open Droid2 Bootstrap Recovery and tap "Bootstrap Recovery", then "Reboot Recovery" granting root privileges. The phone should reboot into recovery. Use volume buttons to navigate, camera button to accept, power button to go back. You will install files by selecting "Install zip from sdcard".
      4) Optionally: create a backup of your data
      5) Install latest CM ROM image file.
      6) Optionally: install Google Apps
      7) Select "Wipe data/factory reset"
      8) Reboot and enjoy :)
      9) Optionally: select baseband version corresponding to your country and BPSW version

Installation guide for CMx roms users

1) Optionally: create a backup of your data
      2) Install latest CM ROM image file.
      3) Optionally: install Google Apps
      4) Wipe data and cache partition
      5) Reboot and enjoy :)
      6) Optionally: select baseband version corresponding to your country and BPSW version

Installing updates

The most convenient way of installing updates is through built-in OTA updater. Note that currently wipe options do not work there, so you may need to do it manually in recovery. For most cases that won't be necessary though.

Sources

repo init -u git://github.com/tezet/android.git -b jellybean

Donations

If you like and appreciate my work, and you may donate here (now in English).

I do not provide support by PM nor e-mail. Please ask questions here.
      New version uploaded. All regression introduced with custom kernel is fixed now.
      New version uploaded. This time 2nd-init version. Remember that if you upgraded to 2nd-boot version it won't enter recovery automaticaly.
      With this it is currently building...

And I now got wifi tethering working :)

Patches against frameworks/base, hardware/libhardware_legacy and device/moto/milestone2 can be found at: http://cm-ms2.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/build/michael/jb-wifi-tethering/

Best regards,
      Michael
      Mobile data bug is fixed now.