JB 4.1.2 and Camera Driver

Search This thread

bercerobry

Nov 19, 2013
I have the following
Cam fw ver: GDFD06
Phone fw ver: GDFI02

What file should download and install in mu i9305?

Ionut_Dan

Jun 2, 2014
Can I update it on jb 4.3 also?I have GD firmware

Be carefull!

Gt-i9300 could come with 2 different camera hardware: one from sony and one from samsung

It is the same thing with the camera firmwares:ZD and GD
Mine has GDFF03

For those who have GD firmwares: do not use files in first post!

Hello!I have jb 4.3-in about phone is written:
1)Model no:GT-I9300;
2)Android version:4.3;
3)Baseband version:I9300XXUGNA8
4)Kernel version:
-3.0.31-2429075;
-root@p-andr-rbs3 #1;
-Wed Apr 2 01:30:22 EEST 2014.
5)Version no:JSS15J.I9300XXUGND2.

When i type *#1234# is written:
1)AP:I9300XXUGND2;
2)CP:I9300XXUGNA8;
3)CSC:I9300UCLGND1.

So,my question is and I would like to reply me as soon as possible and also as detailed as possible,if I can update camera driver(firmware)?When I type *#34971539# is written:
Rear Camera
Cam FW Ver:GDFF02
Phone FW Ver:GDFI02

Front Camera
Cam&Phone FW Ver:S5K6A3.

Also,please tell me if it's worth it to update the camera driver and also tell me if my phone can update it via OTA.My goal is to improve camera quality because I use the phone instead of a camera at work and is very important to me and when I say "camera quality" I include video quality also.Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards!

aldrinetolentino12

Jun 28, 2014
there are roms that doesn't provide the hidden dialer menu. Is there any way to make it show? I experienced the camera fail error in s5 sensation rom v4 and l flashed back the stock jb 4.3 rom and the camera is working great again. I want to try this method to fix the camera on that rom. Thanks :)

brayansernajavier

Jan 8, 2015
areglar el firmware de la cámara del Samsung Galaxy SIII

yo actualice el firmware de la cámara del Samsung Galaxy SIII ise todos los pasos . al final al momento de activar la cámara aparese un aviso q dise "error desconocido" ,despulpes se sierra la aplicación y no se como arreglarlo, por favor ayuden me.: Confuso:

Last edited:

faheemakbar18

Feb 8, 2012
Sadiqabad
worked on SCH-i535
Flashed zdfe02 to zdfi02
still same issue: take darker images with flash on
problem started when i was making video and phone bell rang

fbiancmilo

Apr 8, 2015
Which files? For galaxy A3

Hello everyone
I have a galaxy A3 and when I introduce the code *#34971539#, this is the result:

Rear camera :
cam fw: G08....1SM
phone fw: G08....1AW

In the option phone to cam fw write, shows this:
cam fw: B05....1NM
phone fw: B05...1NM

And that's all. I don't knwo if I have to download the ZD, GD or ZK files.

Thanks.

cryogent

Apr 18, 2011
Bucuresti
Hello,
can someone share the SlimISP_GH.bin :D for the driver GHFJ02 because the firmware update
procedure not working , Phone/CAM FW Ver Check give Factory Test force close error.
I forget to tell i have S3 LTE international variant (GT I9305)

FDisk80

Jun 17, 2012
I have the following
Cam fw ver: GDFD06

What file should download and install in mu i9305?

ZDFI02

After flashing you will have both matching:
Cam fw ver: GDFI02

I just did this and it works perfectly.

I know you asked a long time ago, but doesn't look like anyone answered.

Reactions: duttyend

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All!

I am not sure this topic was not discussed so if I am double-posting - sorry!

Anyway I was informed someone expects problem with camera after update to 4.1.2.

The reason is the firmware contains updated driver which is not pre-installed in the phone because the firmware is actually a dump.

I would like to explain the way I performed to solve the problem (now I have GT-i9300 with 4.1.2 and working stock Camera (both video/photo) and other camera applications also).

First of all: make a Nandroid backup! I have tested all the steps but I cannot guaranty everything will work properly in your case.

Second - I can help with GT-i9300 only. If you have other device - sorry. Maybe this receipt works - maybe not, I don't know.

1. Please dial in stock dialer the following: *#34971539#
    2. In menu please choose Phone/CAM FW Ver Check
    We need to know your two parameters: Cam FW Ver and Phone FW Ver.
    Cam FW Ver is a version of driver installed in your phone. Phone FW Ver is a version which comes with a firmware. Usually firmware's one is newer. In my case it was
    Rear Camera ZDFE02
    Phone FW ZDFI02

3. You have to download newer driver. In my example I had to download ZDFI02 driver - and I believe everybody will have the same issue because this is the driver which comes with leaked 4.1.2. In other way I suspect you have mixed up something to make Camera working - I suggest to re-burn the firmware again. Anyway - you are free to test.

Be careful! There are other camera vendors exists - and it is easy to detect by first two letters of driver version (in our case it is ZD). If you have other vendor - please download appropriate driver.

After you have download the archive you have to unpack the file named "SlimISP.bin" on your sdcard (internal one).
    Then dial *#34971539# once again and choose Phone to CAM FW Write (Rear) (if you have unpacked the file properly - this button will become active). Flashing will take about 20-30 seconds - please be patient.

After flashing finishes exit the Camera Firmware menu and enter it once again (*#34971539#). Choose Phone/CAM FW Ver Check
    Check again above-mentioned two parameters: Cam FW Ver and Phone FW Ver. If you are lucky enough they will be equal and the process completed successfully.

The source is 4pda forum (and all thanks should be addressed to them and Pako777 individually).
    Be carefull!

Gt-i9300 could come with 2 different camera hardware: one from sony and one from samsung

Mine has GDFF03

Be carefull!

Mine has GDFF03

Yes you are right. First post updated, one driver I could not attach (I have 21 of them) - here it is.

EDITED: GHFJ02 and firmwares added, all credits to matthessimo for this.
    Guys i have those drivers

Cam FW Ver: ZDFE02
    Phone FW Ver: ZDFF03

What should i change here guys?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

I had the same configuration, I downloaded ZDFF03 and followed the steps described in the OP and everything worked.

ONE BIG WARNING THOUGH, since I asked it and was answered otherwise,

Before you apply you can check FW Write Count, mine showed Rear (0:0) Front (0:0), after this, mine shows Rear (0:1) Front (0:0).

So sadly the counter did get changed, I wish there was a way to revert that but I don't know how. Just take it into account. The camera is working fine. I think it would be nice if the OP included the warning that the flash counter will be increased.

EDIT: I just found how to get it back to 0:0

The easiest method is to go to Settings - Application Manager - choose tab "All" - and find the FactoryTest.apk and just do a clear data.

So that would be a final step recommended for paranoid people like me. Now everything is perfect :)
    I disagree. There's definitely difference in pictures comparing June drivers and latest ones. Whether the changes are always for the better is debatable cause I hated gdff03 white balance but night shots were much better.

I'm on 4.1.1 Indian lj5 and have just updated to gdfi02, hopefully they have better white balance.
    If the driver is not in cam firmware the camera is simply not using it...

When I updated the cam driver, phone firmware matched it even after deleting bin file from sd card.
    Testing JKay alpha on GT-I9300

it is very debatable if there is any difference at all. there are several threads about this already where people upgraded their firmware or even flashed the firmware of the sony module onto phones with samsung camera module and apart from the obvious confirmation bias that was to be expected there was no proof for a change. no one did ever check this under even remotely "professional" circumstances. taking photos with 5 seconds difference will result in 2 different photos already without the change of firmware. if you do not control all things that factor into the resulting photo you can not say what leads to the photo. i upgraded according to this thread but did not see any difference.

to make sure that it is really the firmware change that leads to other results you would have needed to put your phone on a tripod and shot photos in similar circumstances with both firmwares

of course everyone may believe what they like. i personally put this into the same category like "OMG i flashed the new firmware and now my phone is faster", because people get used to the slower speed of a phone with all apps and services running and then get overwhelmed by a phone after a wipe flash that is faster then before (which has nothing to do with the firmware itself)