JB 4.1 for our nitro

Search This thread

nbollinger

Jul 26, 2010
Other than a very small handful of new features and optimizations, it probably wouldnt take much to get Jellybean on the Nitro HD. This isnt a huge jump like it was from android 2.1 (eclair) to 2.2 (froyo).

Last edited:

dillonr

Apr 29, 2012
Oshawa
i also hope for jellybean. after watching the I/O and being on 2.3.5 i see a lot of great features i would want.
offtopic, but is google glass just a camera with connectivity or did i miss something? it looked sick when they were skydiving though

compumasta

Jan 25, 2011
Honestly, at the rate that LG is moving, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them skip ICS officially altogether. Kind of like Sony Ericsson did with going from eclair straight to gingerbread. It would make more sense, since they have put the effort into getting ICS close, why not just do the little extra and jump straight into jelly bean?

dillonr

Apr 29, 2012
Oshawa
Honestly, at the rate that LG is moving, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them skip ICS officially altogether. Kind of like Sony Ericsson did with going from eclair straight to gingerbread. It would make more sense, since they have put the effort into getting ICS close, why not just do the little extra and jump straight into jelly bean?

i remember reading somewhere that it would be getting ics late this summer...if it's going to take that long for them to finish it, i don't want to know how long it would take if they skipped it lol
lets just hope that LG keeps supporting this phone, even after jellybean; it's a really good phone (other than the battery life on stock 2.3.5...)

dillonr

Apr 29, 2012
Oshawa
Yeah battery life on the stock gingerbread is rather sad. CM9 battery life is actually quite good now that im a couple days in.

yea, i sent my phone in and they put V11a on it....i'm actually getting a full day out of it (moderate usage, two short calls, camera app for .5 hour, texting a bit, had GPS on, "smart screen on"...etc) so i think they may have fixed the battery issues on 2.3.5....i'm hopefully going to root and put CM on it tuesday though...
this is going offtopic, lets start talking about Jellybean again?

dillonr

Apr 29, 2012
Oshawa
Looks like ATT is delaying ICS, its not LG 2 blame, cause LG is already released offical ICS for SU640

I should rephrase that...
i hope lg will give us ICS (seems like they have), JB (really hopeful on this), and any other firmwares that get released after those two...
it's sad that they have to delay it though...

Andasa

Mar 28, 2010
I'm tryed but we need help with unpack/change and repack CM9 boot.img. If someone can make this work, may be it's boot, now it's not bootable.

HO!NO!

May 29, 2008
Québec
I all ready talk to andasa about that.
You all should know that source for 4.1 will be out mid july . Right now you waste time on a sdk release that will do unusable rom.
My 2 cent

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

Reactions: Andasa

Andasa

Mar 28, 2010
I all ready talk to andasa about that.
You all should know that source for 4.1 will be out mid july . Right now you waste time on a sdk release that will do unusable rom.
My 2 cent

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

Ho!no! right, we not have ics stable, workin port can take many time and will be not stable with lags and bugs..

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
Ho!no! right, we not have ics stable, workin port can take many time and will be not stable with lags and bugs..

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

hey andasa buddy !
could you please port aokp from the latest sources to the nitro !

would love to see a latest aokp port ! :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts