Search This thread

warezxts

Mar 30, 2011
Most stable ROM ever on defy.
Succificient speed, and less bug ROM.
I have to use rom no greater than 4.1.2 (because of leap wifi free compatibility)
Almost same speed as 4.4

warezxts

Mar 30, 2011
I'm using LEAP WiFi auth on 4.4 since the first day Quarx compiled that ROM...

no waaaaay :)
which rom is it exactly?
i tried Quarx 4.4, but leap wifi free FC, other similar apks says no kernel support.
From the connect menü there is no choosable LEAP connection. Tried sooo many ways.
How do you do that? with a program, or when you tryí to connect there is selectable LEAP?
I would be so greatfull to share the solution!
PEAP and other methods are not suitable for me.

slimshady76

Aug 11, 2009
Berisso
no waaaaay :)
which rom is it exactly?
i tried Quarx 4.4, but leap wifi free FC, other similar apks says no kernel support.
From the connect menü there is no choosable LEAP connection. Tried sooo many ways.
How do you do that? with a program, or when you tryí to connect there is selectable LEAP?
I would be so greatfull to share the solution!
PEAP and other methods are not suitable for me.

Sorry, I'm using PEAP, not LEAP. I mistakenly remembered using LEAP WiFi Free when I started using Android. I just re-entered my credentials at work for the WiFi and saw I was using PEAP.

Again, my apologies for the mistake.

warezxts

Mar 30, 2011
Sorry, I'm using PEAP, not LEAP. I mistakenly remembered using LEAP WiFi Free when I started using Android. I just re-entered my credentials at work for the WiFi and saw I was using PEAP.

Again, my apologies for the mistake.

I tried this PEAP in many ways, but needs credentials (hard to get at my company), so i stays at CM10 (CM10.1 also FC the leap wifi free)
Cheers anyway

sudipt123

Apr 27, 2010
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus Nord
Hi All, been using CM 10 on my defy since last 3 months on latest build cm-10-20131030, and i find that Wi-fi kept on without any connection results in massive wl1271_wake wakelock. work around for this issue is switching off wi-fi manually and again switching it on when in suitable wifi connection zone. Any suggestions?

Mr.NeoTrinity

Aug 14, 2010
Hello to all :)

I am on this rom cm-10-20131030-NIGHTLY-mb526.
I tryed all quarx roms for the defy( 4.1.2 / 4.2. / and 4.3

On every rom after a few days( one or two weeks) the defy goes into an never ending bootloop. It comes after charging the phone when it turns off before because the battery was empty.
I also tryed other kernels because i have read about the data corrupt error.

It is not my phose it is from my daughter and she is killing me because i only can start the defy when i am doing an factory reset.

Could please help me anybody ,please .
I read and read and try to solve the problem by my own but i cant manage it till now.

sincerealy :)

d4m4g3

May 9, 2011
Bucharest
Reactions: d4m4g3

gbossley

Jan 8, 2013
GPS Salellite Fix Problem

For some reason (since installing 20131030) my phone has become really slow to pick up satellites. Is the popcorn fix still relevant? Suggestions?

roytam1

Aug 5, 2008
I got a kernel crash again.
<5>[ 0.000000] Linux version 2.6.32.9-AeroKernel (quarx@android-linux) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Sun Nov 24 21:11:52 OMST 2013
<1>[102817.825317] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address ffffffff

whole log: http://pastebin.com/RnbLQYxE

Dobomi

Feb 10, 2012
I'm really impressed how good this Jelly Bean could be for our old Defy+. I OC and UV it with SetVsel to 300/20, 600/34, 900/48 and 1200/62. I made also a first evaluation of the battery drain in 12 hours stand by and it showed 7% drainage (4,4% the kernel, 1,3% the other apps and 1,3% the phone radio), meaning 0,6 %/h. I have some apps frozen/unfrozen by Tasker&Secure Settings when the internet is on/off, and other apps greenified.
For some reason (since installing 20131030) my phone has become really slow to pick up satellites. Is the popcorn fix still relevant? Suggestions?
Try Derek Gordon's server (TopNTP app from Google Play). Please note that first satellite connection could last a little bit longer.

Reactions: gbossley

Takovac

Sep 19, 2010
Arandjelovac
Help help help!!!

HI guys i flashed this rom and it just fine for me fo a while... the i lost my HOME SCREEN and its go black!
Now when i flash it again it's still ALL black. message says "system UI not respondig"! what to do help me please!!!

v2dare

Jul 21, 2011
Kerala
Hi

Im currently using Cm7.2 , its stable and best for daily use ..
Now i wish to have a JB version which is Stable for me

Is cm10 4.1.2 Stable for daily use ..

I dnt wanna try and update nightly after Flashing a rom ..

I jst need a stable one ...

guruzen

Sep 28, 2007
Hi

Im currently using Cm7.2 , its stable and best for daily use ..
Now i wish to have a JB version which is Stable for me

Is cm10 4.1.2 Stable for daily use ..

I dnt wanna try and update nightly after Flashing a rom ..

I jst need a stable one ...

You must use 4.4 now from Quarx. These builds are awesome and they are very stable. Check out 4.4 forum

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

HI guys i flashed this rom and it just fine for me fo a while... the i lost my HOME SCREEN and its go black!
Now when i flash it again it's still ALL black. message says "system UI not respondig"! what to do help me please!!!

Did you try flashing gapps as well along? If so, do not do that. flash the rom only and once it boots well, you can try minimal gapps.

v2dare

Jul 21, 2011
Kerala
You must use 4.4 now from Quarx. These builds are awesome and they are very stable. Check out 4.4 forum

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Did you try flashing gapps as well along? If so, do not do that. flash the rom only and once it boots well, you can try minimal gapps.

but its all on develpment stage na ... and wat abt battery backup?

like i said i hate battery drains on develpment one .. so wish to stay safe in stable

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.1.2 Jellybean for Defy and Defy+

Download Link: http://quarx2k.ru
    Epsylon3 Builds: http://defy.wdscript.fr/
    Mirrors: http://defy.bytekiste.de/
    http://d-h.st/users/Quarx
    Gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/
    Minimal gaaps(Gmail,Market,Gtalk,Synchronisation) http://quarx2k.ru/gapps-jb-20120726-minimal.zip
    Gapps + Working Google Now - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=30988910

12.07: Boot up :)
    14.07: Phone, Mobile Data, USB, Mass storage, Sensors, Camera(Photo), GPS/AGPS.
    18.07: Audio (thanks to maniac103), Video rec/play, Panorama, FM-Radio.
    19.07: Install app to sdcard, mp3 codec, video codec fixes, rework fm-radio, cyan update.
    22.07: Usb fixes, USB Tethering, Data Usage, Preferred Network (umts/cdma) selection, CrystalTalk
    23.07: Fix audio lock-ups (thanks to nadlabak), a2dp, fix volume change, OS FMRadio and fm volume change in background by maniac103, leds
    26.07: Themes, button backlight, fix lag bootanimation, imei/mac... cyanogen updates.
    28.07: re-fix button backlight, holo fm-radio, Option for enable/disable On-Screen Button(36dp)
    04.08: Fix volume rocker music controls, Realtime switch of OnScreenButtons and size of it, Phone/SMS apps now in memory all the time, Enable CPU TLS Register, Auto-Backlight Settings, Boosted governor by default... maybe forgot some more..
    08.08: Improved stablity of camera (bayer have problem with sound), DroidSSHD, Trebuchet, common stablity fixes.
    10.08: update Moto RIL to v4, fm-radio to lockscreen, hwui blacklist on mb525, fix realtime OnScreenButtons, Fix MotoPortal, Disable get local ipv6 adress.
    12.08: Auto-backup battd, Port phone features from cm9, Add national data roaming and make it optional (from AOKP).
    22.08: Fix ability change brightness of buttons(Defyparts), compass fix, Apollo intent fix (which fixes last.fm etc), dalvik heap 128mb -> 48mb, wifi changes
    25.08: Disable lock in memory Phone and sms apps(by users requests), fix OnScreenButtons, ipv6 tweaks.
    28.08: Fix 00:00:00:00:00:00 SSID in apps, fix audio routing in dock modes
    03.09: Fix Audio in video rec(not ideal) and decrease fps in preview camera (not in video), 2Channels for audio, DSP-Manager in software which support JB (ex, apollo) it's not a bug, support multiboot, wifi-tethering (thanks ot devs of ml2, maybe have bugs, not tested)
    04.09: Fix compass, update sgx libs to JB, fix wallpapers, improve video perfomance, new touch driver (for test, only 2 fingers for now, more will be enabled in next build).
    12.09: Fixed touch driver (allow touches upto 10), Fix for data connection, thanks to SlugZero, also some more fixes for stability ril, disable fps limit in preview.
    24.09: Video rec fixes, add 720p rec (not by default, unstable),cyanogen updates.
    2ndboot builds: one build for mb525&526
    10.10 Android 4.1.2, CRT-Animation , custom kernel, experimental. Included patch for flashlght(not tested, but shouldn't burn it)
    11.10 Fix red camera, updated 2ndboot.ko, fix pds mount and permissions.
    18.10 Kernel update:fix wifi tether(reboot), reduce battery drain, fix charge only mode, cleanup unused drivers, fix button lights, fix slow boot and lags after boot.
    02.11 Add power hal, interactive governor+bootpulse(should be default in bootemnu for correct work power hal),kernel fixes from upstream, cleanup/disable unused drivers, fix SGX clocks, add bp_ptc service(only service), fix battery drain, add fuse rw-ntfs/extfat fs support(not tested, but should work), fix backlight settings, fix small problem with fm-radio on notfication drawer, add cm file manager(can work incorrect), restore live wallpapers, cm sync....

17.11 Update kernel to 2.6.32-60, backport some optimisation from 4.2, fix mount options for ext4, cyanogen update, restore conversion to RGB->YV12 for video.
    18.11 Apply many optimisations: Android compiled with latest Linaro toolchain GCC-4.7, kernel compiled with Linaro toolchain GCC-4.5.4. Little wifi fixes.
    28.11 Disable linaro for android, fix adhoch, new battd, fix bt.
    04.12 Partial linaro, Fix upnp/dlna(thanks to nadlabak), fix reboot in bootmenu/recovery, cyan fixes.
    05.12 Fix root, fix adb, fix ROOT/ADB settings from dev menu , cyan fixes.
    22.12 Stability fixes, cyan updates.
    23.12 Fix shutdown, built-in call rec function(thanks to nadlabak).
    29.12 Revert to .9 kernel (for audio tests and stability), fix root permissions on CMFileManager, adb can be disabled now, bootmenu now has only one custom recovery option.
    30.12 Restore .60 kernel, some fixes in android which can cause ringing problems.
    07.01 Again fix root permissions on CMFileManager, fix battery when ADB disabledl, again some fixes which can cause ringing problems.
    17.02 rgnd service, increase performance of camera.
    07.03 Fix for deskclock (from YetAnotherForumUser). Based on clean 2.6.32 moto tree, should fix many random problems... or add more :p
    24.03 Completely new wifi/wifi-ap driver, switch to wpa_supplicant8, Wifi ap AP - 72mbps :)
    25.03 Some fixes in wifi, fixed MAC, WiFi direct implemented
    26.03 Improved stability of wifi.
    09.04 Suspend optimization.
    11.05 Updated USB-Gadget to native for 4.x, fix mtp/ptp/storage/tethering. Removed usb.apk/usbd.
    16.05 Very experimental build, contain a lot of updates from kernels 2.6.33 - 3.1. Increased performance, added swap. Memory management updated to 2.6.39(3.0) state. Some parts updated to 3.1. Blechd0se patches for interactive gov.
    22/23+ experimental.
    16.06 Updated wifi driver & wpa_supplicant, improvement in interactive governor by @Blechd0se. Updated kernel with some patches from upstream.
    09.07 Stability fixes. Updated bootmenu. This build not contain ZCache/Zram/Swap
    30.10 Fixed Video playback, latest kernel changes(same as 10.2), gpu 266mhz...

TIPS: LG Camera app works better with video rec.
    Do not enable "Allow purging of assets" - it makes many lags.

Some users ask about new donate app, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.donatecm_10 :)

F.A.Q
    Just funny video:)

device-2012-07-13-002749.jpgdevice-2012-07-13-002457.jpgdevice-2012-07-13-002509.jpg
    I appreciate some of the comments here about the difficulty of keeping threads like this cleaned and organized, especially with so many users not following instructions. However, this is the job I signed up for, so it's not a big deal. :)

That being said, since nothing else seems to be working, I'm going to temporarily close this to force people to use the other support threads for this ROM. If you have a legitimate bug to report and serious question that needs answering, use the support threads (an absolute last resort would be PMing the developer). This will be reopened at the appropriate time.

[Support] - [JB] CM10 Android 4.1.1 for the Defy(+)
    [FAQ] [JB] CM10 for Defy/Defy+ (by Quarx) (Added DPI Mod Guide)
    [SUPPORT] Quarx's CM10 PROBLEMS reporting thread

closed_cleaning.png
    Build will not removed.
    Demo build is uploaded for everyone.;)

Android 4.2 has new libc/linker, which breaks compatibility with old moto binaries. Need some time to fix it:)
    And i think, better discuss 4.2 in different thread.
    Sound now works:)
    All thanks for help to maniac103:)
    Thanks guys for found workaround, it can be caused by adb.
    Please try this ramdisk and check battery http://quarx2k.ru/ramdisk
    Replace in /system/bootmenu/2nd-boot