• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

JB OTA Update with Rooted TF300T

Search This thread

benoror

Jul 20, 2012
www.benoror.com
Hey ppl,

I got the update but after finished downloading an error appeared: Update failed, restoring conf to last version blah blah.

I rebooted the device but it says there's no longer an update available for my device.

My Tf300t is Rooted, i only disabled some system apps and removed the original Browser, could that be the problem?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
if you removed any system apps it won't update. Also if you are using a modded build.prop it won't update. You need to restore the browser

benoror

Jul 20, 2012
www.benoror.com
Thanks for your reply jgaf.

It seems you're right, since I unrooted with Voodoo OTA Root Keeper, but still can't get the update.

How can I restore original apps (only Browser as far as I remember) without a factory reset?

Thanks!

TDMVP73

May 9, 2012

It seems you're right, since I unrooted with Voodoo OTA Root Keeper, but still can't get the update.

How can I restore original apps (only Browser as far as I remember) without a factory reset?

Thanks!

I don't think you can, unless you made a backup of the stock browser using Titanium Backup or something.

That's why you should never fully delete system apps, always make a backup of them or freeze them.

On the topic of root access.. updated my TF300T to Jelly Bean... tried restoring root using Voodoo OTA Root Keeper. It says restored but I don't appear to have root access when using Lucky Patcher or any other app. Any ideas?

Last edited:

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
I have the original build prop, on the ww version, but am traveling in the US, and am not getting the ota. :(. Anyone have a suggestion on if/how I could make this work?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

turdbogls

Oct 29, 2010
Orlando
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
I am in the same boat as you are...thankfully I froze my apps so I have them still...but after unfreezing them I still don't get the OTA.... I heard once you download it once Asus won't push it to your device again...so manual update is the only way

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa

Thanks!

You need that someone still on ics pulls the browser apk from /system/app the you will have to push it to the same directory and reboot. That should reinstall it. NOTE factory reset wont restore deleted apps.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

I have the original build prop, on the ww version, but am traveling in the US, and am not getting the ota. :(. Anyone have a suggestion on if/how I could make this work?

Since only US Firmware are getting updated you won't get the update even though you are in the US.

Reactions: David Dee

debnath

Mar 29, 2011
No update

Rooted->twrp->adaway

Made no other changes to my TF300T and not seeing any update :(

James.ptrsn

Mar 29, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
Missing OTA Update Notification After Failure

I am in the same boat as you are...thankfully I froze my apps so I have them still...but after unfreezing them I still don't get the OTA.... I heard once you download it once Asus won't push it to your device again...so manual update is the only way

While it is true that they log your attempts at installing updates (you can enter your MAC into their system, I don't remember where, and it shows all of your updates - I've done it) they don't truly block future attempts after a failure. All you have to do is open up settings, apps, all, and clear the data on the DMClient app (I believe, I'm trying to confirm that's what it was). Tried it after a failed .30 update and it let me download it again.

calisro

Sep 9, 2008
noneya
While it is true that they log your attempts at installing updates (you can enter your MAC into their system, I don't remember where, and it shows all of your updates - I've done it) they don't truly block future attempts after a failure. All you have to do is open up settings, apps, all, and clear the data on the DMClient app (I believe, I'm trying to confirm that's what it was). Tried it after a failed .30 update and it let me download it again.

Same here... failed, cleared data on cm/dm client but still no dice... anyone know the website to check ota update attempts? Also any advice on getting it to push the ota again?

new ion?

Jan 2, 2012
Victoria, BC
this update better be coming to WW devices. if not: sending this back for HW repairs and selling it pronto.

IUH1991

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa
if you removed any system apps it won't update. Also if you are using a modded build.prop it won't update. You need to restore the browser

Do you mean that if I'm using seanzscreamz build.prop tweaks, I won't get the update?

KB Smoka

Jun 13, 2010
CT
Same here... failed, cleared data on cm/dm client but still no dice... anyone know the website to check ota update attempts? Also any advice on getting it to push the ota again?

Me too, failed with the red triangle and now it wont push the update anymore....Tried clearing data but that didn't work either. I'm stock, rooted with a locked bootloader.

benoror

Jul 20, 2012
www.benoror.com
Also cleared cache from DMClient but still can't get the update.

Anyone with a full list & APKs from ICS stock?

Otherwise, how and when a manual installation will be available?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!

You need that someone still on ics pulls the browser apk from /system/app the you will have to push it to the same directory and reboot. That should reinstall it. NOTE factory reset wont restore deleted apps.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Since only US Firmware are getting updated you won't get the update even though you are in the US.

jb update

I got an update notice last night. Protected the root using voodoo. Installed the firmware. Rooted back. Everything went smooth.