JB OTA Update with Rooted TF300T

Search This thread

abczhou

Apr 9, 2011
perhaps you need to reboot it after you restore the root with Voodoo. Once i restored the root, i met the GAEproxy(a proxy to cross China firewall which is needed root privilege ) doesn't work and the wifi can't enable. These two issues gone after i rebooted my device.

zosX

Nov 14, 2010
I'm in the same boat. I deleted system apps and no longer have a backup. I *THOUGHT* a factory restore would make everything right, but it appears that it does not restore deleted apps. Now I try to update to jellybean and of course it fails. There has to be a way.....I couldn't tell you what I'm missing unfortunately. I deleted a lot of unecessary system apps.

new ion?

Jan 2, 2012
Victoria, BC
I'm in the same boat. I deleted system apps and no longer have a backup. I *THOUGHT* a factory restore would make everything right, but it appears that it does not restore deleted apps. Now I try to update to jellybean and of course it fails. There has to be a way.....I couldn't tell you what I'm missing unfortunately. I deleted a lot of unecessary system apps.

factory reset just delete's the /data partition

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for your reply jgaf.

It seems you're right, since I unrooted with Voodoo OTA Root Keeper, but still can't get the update.

How can I restore original apps (only Browser as far as I remember) without a factory reset?

Thanks!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

You need that someone still on ics pulls the browser apk from /system/app the you will have to push it to the same directory and reboot. That should reinstall it. NOTE factory reset wont restore deleted apps.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

I have the original build prop, on the ww version, but am traveling in the US, and am not getting the ota. :(. Anyone have a suggestion on if/how I could make this work?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

Since only US Firmware are getting updated you won't get the update even though you are in the US.

jb update

I got an update notice last night. Protected the root using voodoo. Installed the firmware. Rooted back. Everything went smooth.