• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

JB Update file (for devs to verify)

Search This thread

osaeed

Sep 30, 2010
Ok guys I managed to identify a file in /root/cache that was downloaded when downloading the firmware straight from the tablet. The file is named "dlpkgfile" and its about 230Mbs, hopefully this can help some ppl. I don't recommend you use this file if you aren't a dev, since I don't know if it can do something bad to your tablet. I have no knowledge of this type of thing, just trying to give a helping hand....

Anyways I uploaded it to my dropbox, so please only devs download it for now I don't want to get a lot of traffic in my dropbox and be shutdown or something lol :p

To download it just right click and save link as: Download here

The hash for the above is

dlpkgfile

CRC32: C6E973B7
MD5: 826B197375A44F33456F59108D8166C0
SHA-1: 73136F2D357B2F8AB26E97BAFFDAC7912AD4B2FE

please let me know if your getting the same. I verified it from my friends.

Thanks

Reactions: Capt-CDD

Rompf

May 25, 2012
OK, So i finally got jelly bean installed on my Tf300! followed all the instructions of jvanassche witch where very useful, kept root with OTA Root Keeper, but i do have a couple of issues.

First the GPS doesn't work.... Maybe its something i did.....

Second: Apparently this update got rid of my custom recovery, I had TWRP but i cant get it back, i tried installing it again, i tried installing clockwork but i cant get it, ran out of options.... Anyone here have any idea of what i can do? I would greatly appreciate it :)

EDIT: Now i believe i bricked my tablet :p just awesome.... it sits there in the Asus logo and i cant access the boot loader... please anyone PM me, anything, im desperate.

Sojiroh

Jul 28, 2010
Sadly your tablet is bricked, flashing CWM after updating to JB bricks the tablet. There are like 6 or so cases as of now.

jojosilvera

Aug 17, 2012
People need to read the entire threads in this post before flashing because if one had read it all trying to flash Cwm wud not have been considered just saying

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

Reactions: seshaz

Zamboniman

Aug 5, 2007
OK, So i finally got jelly bean installed on my Tf300! followed all the instructions of jvanassche witch where very useful, kept root with OTA Root Keeper, but i do have a couple of issues.

First the GPS doesn't work.... Maybe its something i did.....

Second: Apparently this update got rid of my custom recovery, I had TWRP but i cant get it back, i tried installing it again, i tried installing clockwork but i cant get it, ran out of options.... Anyone here have any idea of what i can do? I would greatly appreciate it :)

EDIT: Now i believe i bricked my tablet :p just awesome.... it sits there in the Asus logo and i cant access the boot loader... please anyone PM me, anything, im desperate.

Yeah, you're screwed. Check out post #94 in this thread by untermensch. It looks like a firmware update made the old recovery kernel panic, so the old recovery won't work with an upgraded tablet. He put a new kernel in the CWM recovery, and I can confirm that this one works fine for me.

Without a working recovery, I'm not sure of a way for you to get into fastboot to fix this. Hopefully someone will have an idea.

i-l-l

Jun 18, 2010
I'm pretty much stomped with this phonesky.apk crap. Does anyone have a backed up phonesky.apk file I can put on here. I never touched the Market. It's almost like this file is flawed against my tablet no matter what I do. I kept stock on here and I'm guessing this is the reason my OTA update failed. -_-

edit: gah I can't even flash the Asus 30 update. o_O

benoror

Jul 20, 2012
www.benoror.com

Top Liked Posts