JBL Link View Rom

Search This thread

Darug2300

Sep 10, 2019
Hi, I have one which was on Display, and is running in Full Retail mode. I have contacted JBL about doing a factory reset, but they said they come from the factory like that. I have opened it up, and it looks like a full working unit, and the board is labelled 40-SPARRO-MAD4G.
I tried holding either volume button down when starting, and when holding the right volume button down, the green android appeared with an error symbol.
Their is a Micro-USB port underneath marked service, but I have so far not been able to track any firmware updates/roms/images etc? I plugged it into a PC, and it said the driver was a
qualcomm HS-usb android diag 901d
I figure if I can't use it as a smart display, they'll make a great set of speakers.

Darug2300

Sep 10, 2019
Did you figure out how to use this in any way? I have a similar issue.
Not at all sorry. I was looking at trying to install Google Assistant on there, from scratch but it's beyond my expertise. I tried looking for a rom/firmware update, but nothing. If I had access to working one, I might be able to back up the rom onto a PC via the Micro-USB port.

tadyu228

Oct 31, 2014
Hi. I have a same issue. It on Demo mode and I tried to factory reset but no hope. Does anyone have solution to change or flash Rom on this. Thanks

andrukarc

Dec 6, 2019
Fixed

I know how to fix this. But this requires firmware from the desktop. Need to make a backup from the desktop and download to the demo version.
And i know how to go into mode to download the firmware but i don't have it and i can't find it anywhere.

Nousernamesleft

Dec 6, 2019
I know how to fix this. But this requires firmware from the desktop. Need to make a backup from the desktop and download to the demo version.
And i know how to go into mode to download the firmware but i don't have it and i can't find it anywhere.

Well can you share what you have found? I too have a demo model of this display I would love to get working. If what you propose seems viable I'm willing to buy a retail model with the aim of pulling off the rom and returning it to the store later.

andrukarc

Dec 6, 2019
Well can you share what you have found? I too have a demo model of this display I would love to get working. If what you propose seems viable I'm willing to buy a retail model with the aim of pulling off the rom and returning it to the store later.

Hello Friend. We just need to get the recovery from the working device. And download the demo model. I'm sure 95% that it will work. Sent me a private message.

jakeoh

Dec 9, 2019
Can you tell me how to use it?

I have the same product and problem.
If you solved, can you tell me how?

navman27

Dec 17, 2019
Just ordered one of these speakers. I will have a Brand new boxed set in about day or 2. Tell me how I can pull the rom off so I can share it on this thread.

Nousernamesleft

Dec 6, 2019
Just ordered one of these speakers. I will have a Brand new boxed set in about day or 2. Tell me how I can pull the rom off so I can share it on this thread.

This is the information I was sent via PM from andrukarc . No idea if it is correct or not.

here is a link on how to extract a backup
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...-root-t3570178
I can't do it because there is no place to buy in my country. JBL link View they are not supported in Ukraine and so they are not imported here, but I have a demo model and I would also like to revive it.
If so backup then we flash the device and it will become like a regular model.
I know how to go into firmware mode and solder for this program.

Darug2300

Sep 10, 2019

Irek66

Apr 1, 2020
Hi, the link didn't work, however there was this one : -https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/how-to-backup-qualcomm-phone-root-t3570178

Still, no update on a clean firmware, that is not a retail version?

Hi, I have 2 devices JBL Link View - 1 working and 1 in demo mode. I tried to get dump from working device (I used metod from : -https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/how-to-backup-qualcomm-phone-root-t3570178), but whithout result. Both devices are detected in the computer as HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (volume buttons + \ - when turned on). But in eMMC Software there is always error 0x80004005 when I try to switch device to download mode. If someone helps me solve this problem, I will receive the firmware and post it here.

Irek66

Apr 1, 2020
Hi, I have 2 devices JBL Link View - 1 working and 1 in demo mode. I tried to get dump from working device (I used metod from : -https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/how-to-backup-qualcomm-phone-root-t3570178), but whithout result. Both devices are detected in the computer as HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (volume buttons + \ - when turned on). But in eMMC Software there is always error 0x80004005 when I try to switch device to download mode. If someone helps me solve this problem, I will receive the firmware and post it here.

I tried win7 and win10. No results. :(

Irek66

Apr 1, 2020
Today I accidentally erased the system partition via Fastboot. And now it doesn't show the demo clip. This means I need to load the system.img into it . But how to pull this partition from the working device - I don't know yet. I keep looking for a method. I think JBL use Snapdragon 625 APQ8053 and Android Things OS. If I could get developer mode I would use ADB to download system.img from working device

Reactions: kizurt and Nanojun

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I accidentally erased the system partition via Fastboot. And now it doesn't show the demo clip. This means I need to load the system.img into it . But how to pull this partition from the working device - I don't know yet. I keep looking for a method. I think JBL use Snapdragon 625 APQ8053 and Android Things OS. If I could get developer mode I would use ADB to download system.img from working device
    I've got a working Link 10 if anyone can point me in the right direction. Is the firmware/hardware the same? How could I copy it without blowing up my Speaker.... ??
    Try to Keep This Thread Up……
    Same....
    Hello I have both units, DEMO and fully a working one. What's next?