jcsullins latest TPDebrick v004

cuky787

Nov 28, 2012
USB Symbol after use tpdebrick

Hi:

My touchpad was working fine, after turn it off and after vibrate to turn it OFF suddenlly appear the USB on screen. To erase it, I did a reset with power bottom and home button and turn that off. Now, after trying more than. 3 times with J C Sullins tpdebrick, go ALL DOME but just appear the USB symbol on screen, from there I have used webOS doctor and after finish, it say can not reboot and again, the USB Symbol on screen.

Any idea to work with this?

Thanks for all help.

davo89

Jan 7, 2011
64 GB tpdebrick??

I used the TP Debrick on my 64 GB Touchpad. I notice that the process runs "ebr32.bin", "mbr32.bin". The contents of tpdebrick have what looks to be files specific for 16 gb, 32 gb and 64 gb. I have run the command correctly for a 64 gb version but I think there is a possible programming error since it executes the 32gb version of ebr and mbr.

The process went all the way through and ended in "All Done" but I still cant revive this thing

Just an assumption based on what I have seen, can anyone correct me or look into this?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2014
64GB

I used the TP Debrick on my 64 GB Touchpad. I notice that the process runs "ebr32.bin", "mbr32.bin". The contents of tpdebrick have what looks to be files specific for 16 gb, 32 gb and 64 gb. I have run the command correctly for a 64 gb version but I think there is a possible programming error since it executes the 32gb version of ebr and mbr.

The process went all the way through and ended in "All Done" but I still cant revive this thing

Just an assumption based on what I have seen, can anyone correct me or look into this?
Hey Davo89, you figure yours out? My 64GB is bricked as well. I used the debricker, and I can't get past 8% on the webOS. I obviously need to re-do the partitions, but can find no info on how to do this for a 64GB.

davo89

Jan 7, 2011
Hey Davo89, you figure yours out? My 64GB is bricked as well. I used the debricker, and I can't get past 8% on the webOS. I obviously need to re-do the partitions, but can find no info on how to do this for a 64GB.
No, mine is still bricked, I think the TPdebrick program is meant to work on the 64, but I am pretty sure when the script runs it is referencing the 32 gb files.

I have tried everything I could find, now the damn thing wont take a charge.

Hopefuly jscullins sees these comments and looks into the code for us.

I check here all the time to see if anyone knows an answer. Do me a favor and let me know if you figure yours out. Good luck

davo89

Jan 7, 2011
By the way, I agree, there is nothing on the net for re-doing the partitions on a 64gb. I looked for days

mavogs

Dec 23, 2009
netchip mode not found

Hi!

I tried to debrick my Touchpad 32GB, but the script stops when waiting for netchip mode.

I also saw that the "Qfprom Fuse List: Blowing FAILED". Is this normal?

Code:
MSG: Qfprom Fuse List: Blowing FAILED    
MSG: Failed Fuse addr:  
MSG: 0x00000000 
MSG:    Error Status:  
I used a Ubuntu 12.04.

Any ideas that may bring life back to my Touchpad?

BR
Martin

Attachments

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Hi!

I tried to debrick my Touchpad 32GB, but the script stops when waiting for netchip mode.

I also saw that the "Qfprom Fuse List: Blowing FAILED". Is this normal?

Code:
MSG:    Error Status:  
I used a Ubuntu 12.04.

Any ideas that may bring life back to my Touchpad?

BR
Martin
No good news for that:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2734057

mavogs

Dec 23, 2009
Hmm, the error does not look simular to mine.

It does not stop at "open multi", but much later when waiting for the net chip mode.

here the last few lines I receive:

Code:
Sending CloseFlush...
Done writing files.
Reseting device...
Requesting Reset...
Waiting for fastboot mode...
Loading TPToolbox-Headless ...
sending 'bootmem' (13200 KB)...
OKAY [  0.829s]
writing 'bootmem'...
OKAY [  2.889s]
finished. total time: 3.730s
Waiting for netchip mode... (may take 3+ mins)
netchip mode not found
Aborted.

jtornone

Sep 17, 2011
Near Greenville, SC
error when running

I am getting this error when running this:
[email protected]:~/Downloads/tpdebrick-v004$ sudo ./tpdebrick 32
checking doc files ...
could not find ../webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar or ../webosdoctorp305hstnhatt.jar
Aborted

I do have this file, webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar Where does it need to be placed so the script can find it? I have it in the same folder as the script. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

IbarJar

Dec 5, 2014
Need webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar file

I am getting this error when running this:
[email protected]:~/Downloads/tpdebrick-v004$ sudo ./tpdebrick 32
checking doc files ...
could not find ../webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar or ../webosdoctorp305hstnhatt.jar
Aborted

I do have this file, webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar Where does it need to be placed so the script can find it? I have it in the same folder as the script. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Hi,
All the links to the WebOS doctor (webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar) are dead. Can you please upload it somewhere and send me the link?

Thanks.

johnbelloh

Jan 3, 2013
Dayton
One of my touchpads just bricked. I was running Lollipop 12.0 on it that had been installed via tptoolbox after removing Webos. I am attempting to use tpdebrick and Ubuntu keeps looking for ADB and fastboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

johnbelloh

Jan 3, 2013
Dayton
Help - Here is the scrip from running tpdebrick-v004 on my TP32:
Writing 1024 bytes to 0x2a027c00; 2180 bytes left.
Writing 1024 bytes to 0x2a028000; 1156 bytes left.
Writing 1024 bytes to 0x2a028400; 132 bytes left.
Writing 132 bytes to 0x2a028800; 0 bytes left.
Executing file...
Checking QDL mode...
Writing file tz.mbn ...
Sending MAGIC...
MSG: Error Status:
Sending secureMode...
Sending openMulti ...
MSG: Open multi failed, unknown error