[JDCTeam] 🥧 DotOS pie 🥧 Release 02 [13 May] [9.0.0_r37] [unofficial][EOL]

Search This thread

Buff99

Apr 16, 2009
the ROM is fine and everything but I do not understand why it gets so hot in my l720t is there any solution so that it does not get so hot?

don't use it? Honestly it's a how long is a piece of string question.

Install buffcore auditor from the aroma package , or Kernel Aduitor and tweak / change governor.
If "development settings" has the option to enable "CPU display", then enable it and you will see what speed your cores are at any time. You may find the cores don't shutdown quickly enough, or at all. Which could be a bug.

Jeron96

Oct 15, 2016
Colombo
Dot os pie is my favourite custom rom, limited extra features with ultimate battery life. This rom got Better battery performance than RR official 8.1 and 9.0. low heating, no random reboots. Finally i got the best one to my device. Eagerly waiting for version 3

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

Can anyone upload mixer_paths_.xml??

Loud even when low volume

Last edited:

side

Recognized Developer / Contributor
  • Jul 30, 2014
    Thessaloniki
    Dot os pie is my favourite custom rom, limited extra features with ultimate battery life. This rom got Better battery performance than RR official 8.1 and 9.0. low heating, no random reboots. Finally i got the best one to my device. Eagerly waiting for version 3

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

Can anyone upload mixer_paths_.xml??

Loud even when low volume
    here u are ->
    https://github.com/JDCTeam/android_device_samsung_jflte/blob/opt-cm-16.0/audio/mixer_paths.xml

Donaldrum

Oct 15, 2016
    Rome
    Hello everyone. I would like to know why only Havoc, DotOs, Bootleggers and Liquid Remix roms Pie don't work on my I9505? Other Pie roms work, while these 4 when you start the phone the first time after installation, as soon as I turn off the screen in standbye and turn it on, the touch no longer goes. If I then restart and unlock it immediately, the touch works until it goes back to standby. I have also tried old rom versions or go back to firmware but nothing always the same problem! Solutions? Please

Last edited:

side

Recognized Developer / Contributor
  • Jul 30, 2014
    Thessaloniki
    Hello everyone. I would like to know why only Havoc, DotOs, Bootleggers and Liquid Remix roms Pie don't work on my I9505? Other Pie roms work, while these 4 when you start the phone the first time after installation, as soon as I turn off the screen in standbye and turn it on, the touch no longer goes. If I then restart and unlock it immediately, the touch works until it goes back to standby. I have also tried old rom versions or go back to firmware but nothing always the same problem! Solutions? Please

u propably got a chinese-strange firmwared LCD. please use an android 10 jdc ROM where is the problem is addressed

Reactions: pocketrule

Donaldrum

Oct 15, 2016
    Rome
    u propably got a chinese-strange firmwared LCD. please use an android 10 jdc ROM where is the problem is addressed
    Thanks for the answer, I know that the latest version works but it has practically no customizations, in addition it has many limitations on the firmware while the Liquid Remix has many customizations and I like it as a style. For now I am trying to improve the kernel, I am using the one from the Resurrection Remix rom always Pie which works pretty well.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

But it is the third display that I try and I don't think they are Chinese, you can see if they are. But I always have the same problem.

Laurm

Oct 27, 2020
    Hello! Thank you for this awesome rom! I like AOD with some information from charging - mAh, V, Celsius . I want to have that feature on another phone. There is some apk for that?

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
    Hello! Thank you for this awesome rom! I like AOD with some information from charging - mAh, V, Celsius . I want to have that feature on another phone. There is some apk for that?
    short answer: no.

extended version: If it's not built-in in the rom, you can't have that same feature. Google is eager to cripple android with each new version for so called security reasons. So - for quite some time now - it has no longer been possible to change the lockscreen.

You can try to EMULATE what you've been searching for - by finding a widget which provides the desired information or build a widget by yourself (I'd recommend KWGT Kustom Widget Creator from Kustom Industries in this case).

Then search for an app which can show such a widget on lockscreen, like Lockscreen Widgets from Zacharee1.
    Or search for a (separate) lockscreen app which can show widgets - like C Locker from astoncheah - or which can be set up completely - like KLCK Kustom Lock Screen Maker from Kustom Industries.
    You'll have to do extensive testing, because of the above mentioned restrictions it may be that one app/widget works, others don't. And you'll see lags or bad performance. E.g. Kustom Lock has been the best solution for me until Pie; since Android 10, it doesn't work anymore.

Laurm

Oct 27, 2020
    short answer: no.

extended version: If it's not built-in in the rom, you can't have that same feature. Google is eager to cripple android with each new version for so called security reasons. So - for quite some time now - it has no longer been possible to change the lockscreen.

You can try to EMULATE what you've been searching for - by finding a widget which provides the desired information or build a widget by yourself (I'd recommend KWGT Kustom Widget Creator from Kustom Industries in this case).

Then search for an app which can show such a widget on lockscreen, like Lockscreen Widgets from Zacharee1.
    Or search for a (separate) lockscreen app which can show widgets - like C Locker from astoncheah - or which can be set up completely - like KLCK Kustom Lock Screen Maker from Kustom Industries.
    You'll have to do extensive testing, because of the above mentioned restrictions it may be that one app/widget works, others don't. And you'll see lags or bad performance. E.g. Kustom Lock has been the best solution for me until Pie; since Android 10, it doesn't work anymore.

Too bad! Thank you for the answer!

jaham8

Apr 9, 2016
    Why one more rom ? FIX THE BLUETOOTH INSTEAD OF MAKING NEW ROMS

yea right... i also need some break you know.also, why not ? it costed me 30 mins to download the sources and 30 to build it
    what about optlos ?

optlos is my main project. the most time of my dev will go there.
    Does this rom has got optimizations?

NO. Its pure DotOS sources.Also,it WONT get any optimization from my side.
    bluetooth?

when its fixed on optlos,it will be fixed on every jdcteam rom.

Thank you a lot "side" for this amazing rom, I've never seen more beautiful and polished custom rom in my life (I'm talking without fanatizm). What I mean? So I'm not a programmer, but I understand something in that class. I've tried many customs like CM, Opt LOS-14.1, Opt LOS-17,1, AOSP Extended by "buff99" and many others. They are all have some problems like non Bluetooth, lags, battery drain, bad camera and more. Since I've installed DOT rom I couldn't believe that is possible. When I started to use it I wondered about what if I'll found any serious lags, but it doesn't happened. I was fully surprised when I found that Bluetooth is working. I've connected my JBL Go and it's working perfectly. Performance and customisations are very good. Phone's speaker I liked too. After this rom I can't realise my phone for a minute.

So what I found:

• Based on AOSP (thanks to "side")
    • Performance is perfect (I think it's better than Opt LOS-17.1)
    • Games stable fps (for snap 600 is top)
    • Ram around 700-900mb
    • Customisations are enough
    • Special DOT wallpaper
    • Camera is good too
    • Bluetooth is working
    • Wi-Fi and connections are perfect
    • Battery life is perfect
    • Stability about 90%

Found 2 small bags:

• No Led notifications on missed calls.
    • Sometimes doesn't working back button on the display, it's working after 2-3 push.

That's all what I've found at this moment. I totally recommend this rom for daily use, and I would like to ask mr "side" can you fix that little bugs in the next builds. My respect for this truly incredible rom and thanks for the yellow folders. Good luck.

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
    Thank you a lot "side" for this amazing rom, I've never seen more beautiful and polished custom rom in my life (I'm talking without fanatizm). What I mean? So I'm not a programmer, but I understand something in that class. I've tried many customs like CM, Opt LOS-14.1, Opt LOS-17,1, AOSP Extended by "buff99" and many others. They are all have some problems like non Bluetooth, lags, battery drain, bad camera and more. Since I've installed DOT rom I couldn't believe that is possible. When I started to use it I wondered about what if I'll found any serious lags, but it doesn't happened. I was fully surprised when I found that Bluetooth is working. I've connected my JBL Go and it's working perfectly. Performance and customisations are very good. Phone's speaker I liked too. After this rom I can't realise my phone for a minute.

So what I found:

• Ram around 700-900mb
    • Special DOT wallpaper
    • Camera is good too
    • Bluetooth is working
    • Stability about 90%

Found 2 small bags:

• Sometimes doesn't working back button on the display, it's working after 2-3 push.

That's all what I've found at this moment. I totally recommend this rom for daily use, and I would like to ask mr "side" can you fix that little bugs in the next builds. My respect for this truly incredible rom and thanks for the yellow folders. Good luck.
    Thanks for providing such excellent feedback!

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
  • Jun 10, 2015
    Athens
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Xiaomi Poco F1

So what I found:

• Ram around 700-900mb
    • Special DOT wallpaper
    • Camera is good too
    • Bluetooth is working
    • Stability about 90%

Found 2 small bags:

DotOS is outdated and EOL. Do not expect update.
    Tbh was never Stable enough (at least for me), side made these builds just for fun, but if it fits for you, who am I to judge you? :p
    However I recommend you to use the latest Optimized LineageOS 17.1 or the latest crDroid which Bluetooth is even more stable, most recent security patches, Android 10 and many more. I don't find a reason to use DotOS.
    GL :fingers-crossed:

jaham8

Apr 9, 2016
    DotOS is outdated and EOL. Do not expect update.
    Tbh was never Stable enough (at least for me), side made these builds just for fun, but if it fits for you, who am I to judge you? :p
    However I recommend you to use the latest Optimized LineageOS 17.1 or the latest crDroid which Bluetooth is even more stable, most recent security patches, Android 10 and many more. I don't find a reason to use DotOS.

Yeah I know about DOT OS which was made in 30 min, I just like how it looks like at all. (I mean like special rom or another brand, something different not LOS).
    but if it fits for you, who am I to judge you? :p - Man everything is fine, I'm from that people who likes to hear other Opinions.
    However I recommend you to use the latest Optimized LineageOS 17.1 - As I said I've tried 17,1 and totally don't like couse of low RAM, NON Bluetooth and slow Interface, but battery life and performance are perfect.
    or the latest crDroid which Bluetooth is even more stable, most recent security patches, Android 10 and many more. - Thanks man, I was thinking about it and I'll try soon for sure.
    Today I deleted DOT OS (was sadly), but I got more interface lags plus old bugs, so I decided to try this ''Release-07-liquid_remix-10.0.8-20190511-OFFICIAL-jflte'', for test than crDroid also want to try OptLOS-15.1, never tried android 8 on this device. Maybe one day ''side'' will build a new stable DOT OS like a new brand with android 10 on board with clean AOSP and some special apps with it. But it is my dreams only LOL.

jaham8

Apr 9, 2016

Today I've installed crDroid and there Bluetooth is not working anyhow, same as on Opt LOS-17.1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      [JDCTeam] 🥧 DotOS pie 🥧 Release 02 [13 May] [9.0.0_r37] [unofficial][EOL]

dotos_blue.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM version: 3.0
      Device: jflte
      Maintainer: side
      Build status: unofficial
      Disclaimer.png

Code:
       * Your warranty is now void.
       * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and / or kernels. 
       * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.
      "This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."
      About.png

DotOS is an Android rom which focuses on performance and stability.
      We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on performance or battery!
      So you can get the most out of your device.....

Instructions.png

CLEAN FLASH :
      Download the latest build and GApps
      Reboot to recovery
      Make NAndroid backup (not necessary)
      Wipe System, Data, Cache , Dalvik
      Flash the latest build and GApps
      Reboot

DIRTY FLASH :
      Download the latest build
      Reboot to recovery
      Flash the latest build
      Wipe Cache
      Reboot

Note : GApps only needs flashed once whereas Magisk / Su needs flashed every time you dirty flash an update.
      Downloads.png

Download ROM
      Features.png

Code:
      [LIST]
      [U][B]STATUSBAR:[/B][/U]
      [*]Battery icon style
      [*]Clock and date
      [*]Statusbar icons
      [*]Traffic indicators
      [*]Brightness control
      [*]Show data disabled icon
      [*]Roaming indicator
      [*]Battery bar customisation
      [*]Misc

[U][B]Navigation Bar:[/B][/U]
      [*]Navbar modes(stock, smartbar, fling)
      [*]Smartbar tweaks
      [*]Navbar pulse
      [*]Fling mode gestures
      [*]All DUI nav tweaks

[U][B]QUICK SETTINGS:[/B][/U]
      [*]Brightness slider toggle
      [*]Titles visibility
      [*]Tiles track accent color toogle
      [*]Quick pulldown
      [*]Smart pulldown
      [*]Rows and columns tweaks

[U][B]RECENTS:[/B][/U]
      [*]Memory bar
      [*]Immersive recents
      [*]Clear all fab
      [*]Clear all fab location

[U][B]LOCKSCREEN:[/B][/U]
      [*]Double-tap to sleep
      [*]Lockscreen tuner
      [*]Charging info
      [*]Media cover art toggle
      [*] Lockscreen visualizer
      [*] New set lockscreen clocks
      [*]Face auto unlock
      [*]Fingerprint authentication vibration
      [*]Lockscreen tuner
      [*]Hide clock and date widget
      [*]Hide status bar items

[U][B]BUTTONS:[/B][/U]
      [*]Powermenu tweaks
      [*]H/W keys customisation
      [*]Volume button tweaks

[U][B]MISC:[/B][/U]
      [*]Launch music app on headset connection
      [*]Battery light charging customisations
      [*]App ops

[U][B]DotUICenter:[/B][/U]
      [*]Accent color manager
      [*]Qs panel customisation
      [*]Misc features
      [/LIST]

Credits.png

DotOS team
      AOSP
      JDC Team
      Aosp Extended
      Dirty Unicorns and all other open source devs / teams
      Team.png

Mohan CM - Founder / Core Developer
      Sam Grande - UI Developer / Project Co-ordinator
      Iacob Ionut - UI Developer / Core Developer
      Hari Ambadi - Core GFX / Visual Designer

Special thanks:
      Alexc Brookes - Arts & Wallpaper Designer
      Paul Petrov - Arts & UI Designer

Sources: : JDCTeam and DotOS
      Special thanks: @abhishek987 for his work on mido

REPORTING BUGS
      As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
      for more READ THIS
      st4.png

XDA:DevDB Information
      🥧 DotOS pie 🥧 for S4 unified, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
      side, buff99, salimps
      ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Lollipop compatible
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-03-03
      Last Updated 2020-05-17
      • Why one more rom ? FIX THE BLUETOOTH INSTEAD OF MAKING NEW ROMS
      yea right... i also need some break you know.also, why not ? it costed me 30 mins to download the sources and 30 to build it​
      • what about optlos ?
      optlos is my main project. the most time of my dev will go there.​
      • Does this rom has got optimizations?
      NO. Its pure DotOS sources.Also,it WONT get any optimization from my side.​
      • bluetooth?
      when its fixed on optlos,it will be fixed on every jdcteam rom.​
      changelogs will be here,if i ever touch the device-side
      Misc information:

• Aroma installer by @SalimPS IS supported . Grab it from here
      How is does the blooteeth be working on this rom?
      stabul
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone