[JDCTeam] 🥧 GZOSP Pie 🥧 Release 03 [29 Sept] [9.0.0_r46] [unofficial] [EOL]

Search This thread

Buff99

Apr 16, 2009
[JDCTeam] 🥧 GZOSP Pie 🥧 Release 03 [29 Sept] [9.0.0_r46] [unofficial] [EOL]

https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2FuKizsc

GZOSP is an AOSP (including CAF) derived rom and is a pure stock experience. It is lean and clean and there won't be many of the tweaks you are used to seeing and not using on all the other custom roms.
GZOSP is used as a base for many other projects.

Download rom HERE

GZOSP source: HERE
Buffcore kernel source: HERE

Do not mirror downloads - only AFH please.
Do not start threads on other forums about this rom - this is the only official source for downloads and support.
Ask for help here only - not official GZOSP community.​

SUPPORTED DEVICES
All following Galaxy S4 variants with Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 are supported:
  • GT-i9505 - jfltexx
  • GT-i9507 - jtfddxx
  • GT-i9508 - jfltezm
  • SCH-i545 - jfltevzw
  • SCH-r970 - jflteusc
  • SGH-l337 - jflteatt
  • SGH-l337m - jfltecan
  • SGH-l337z - jfltecri
  • SGH-m919 - jfltetmo
  • SGH-s970g - TracFone / Straight talk
  • SM-s975l - TracFone / Straight talk
  • SPH-l720 - jfltespr
  • SPH-l720t -jflterefreshspr
  • jfltezm - China mobile
  • jfltecsp
  • jfltetfnatt
  • jfltetfntmo

All Variants with a locked bootloader are currently unavailable until the unified tree is further updated.
AT&T USERS: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the UCUAMDB or UCUAMDL bootloader.
VERIZON USERS: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the VRUAMDK bootloader.​
Do 'getprop ro.bootloader' in Terminal Emulator or through ADB shell to find out which bootloader you have.​

TWRP
You are REQUIRED to be using TWRP 3.2.3-0 or newer to be able to flash any Pie rom.
If your device does not have an updated relevant version then you can use the standard JFLTE version.
If you have a device with a locked but exploitable bootloader as above (AT&T + Verizon) then use the Loki-patched version.​

Latest recommended JDC TWRP Recovery v3.3.0-0 for JFLTE: HERE.
Official TWRP Recovery v3.2.3-0 for JFLTE Loki-patched by @mattgyver: HERE.
Other variants may require a different recovery. :eek:

UNSUPPORTED DEVICES
GT-I9515 is not / will never be supported (slightly different hardware)

GT-I9500 is not / will never be supported (completely different hardware)

ThanksSPECIAL THANKS
  • Donators
  • JDCTeam-pie test team / Slack testers
  • AndroidFileHost
  • All of you!
JDCTeam

Be sure to check out our official aroma addon installer by @salimPS HERE

You are welcome to join the official JDC Team chat / test group in Slack jdcteam-pie

XDA:DevDB Information
🥧 GZOSP Pie 🥧 for S4 unified, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
Buff99, side
Source Code: https://github.com/GZOSP

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Lollipop compatible
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-07-06
Last Updated 2019-12-26

Buff99

Apr 16, 2009
Installation
Required for installation:
Recovery - Latest recommended JDC TWRP Recovery v3.3.0-0 for JFLTE: HERE.
If you require a LOKI-patched version of TWRP, try this version patched by @mattgyver.
Firmware - Lollipop supporting bootloader and modem / non-hlos. Look in _Bon_Bon's great MODEMS and BOOTLOADERS collection
The following are "best practice" recommendations for installation, you may be successful using your own routine.
1st install - " clean install "

• Make a full nandroid backup <always backup!>.
  • ** OPTIONAL Properly remove previous root solution (recommended - flash Magisk uninstaller and UnSU). **
  • Fully wipe device (At least system, cache, dalvik and data. Recommended - fully clean by wiping internal and external SD).
  • Make sure your partitions are formatted as EXT4. Do not use F2FS on pie.
  • Install Rom.
  • Install desired root solution. (see post#4).
  • Install Gapps (Pico or larger).
  • DO NOT Wipe cache and art / dalvik (rom is partially pre-deodexed).
  • Reboot.
  • Wait for 1st boot.
  • Enjoy.

2nd and subsequent installs - " dirty flash "

• ** OPTIONAL Uninstall all Substratum overlays ** .
  • Properly remove previous root solution (recommended - flash Magisk uninstaller and UnSU).
  • Wipe system, cache and art / dalvik (wiping system is ESSENTIAL for Magisk).
  • Install Rom.
  • Install desired root solution. (see post #4).
  • DO NOT wipe cache and art / dalvik (rom is partially pre-deodexed).
  • Reboot.
  • Wait for app optimisation.
  • Enjoy.

While dirty flashing may be possible for some updates, be prepared that progress means you will occasionally need to clean install updates (usually when settings files are changed)!
Nandroid backups are your friend!​

Buff99

Apr 16, 2009
Latest changelist

Release 03 - 29th September 2019
release_03-Gzosp-jflte-9.Stable.2.1-UNOFFICIAL-20190927-1031.zip - 312 MB
md5sum - 7c7736cd444ab0944a8cf7c6bf4c9510

Release 02

• September 2019 security patches.
  • Miracast / casting enabled
  • performance tuned - Interactive governor & AutoSMP
  • Buffcore kernel 10.0
  • Row IO scheduler set as default
  • See attached changelist file for specifics.

• August security updates.
  • Buffcore kernel 10.00
  • Wake on Home button
  • HWkeys working correctly

Release 01

• July security updates.
  • Buffcore kernel 7.01b - updated to Linux 3.4.113. Better sleep time, better heat management.
Thanks to JDCTeam chat / test group in Slack jdcteam-pie .

Attachments

• release_02-Gzosp-jflte-9.Stable.2.1-UNOFFICIAL-20190827-2314-Changelog.txt
    28.2 KB · Views: 43
  • release_03-Gzosp-jflte-9.Stable.2.1-UNOFFICIAL-20190927-1031-Changelog.txt
    16.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Buff99

Apr 16, 2009
Current issues
Release 03

This rom is more of a classic AOSP style rom. Not much in it, not much to tweak.
Clean n lean. Do with it as though will.

Don't work

• MHL video (? we think ?)

Does work

• Miracast / casting.
  • BT calling.
  • SE Linux is set as permissive.
  • Wifi works well
  • Hotspot works well.
  • GPS works well.
  • Magisk 19.3 works fine. Flash the zip after romfile. Once in android you may need to additionally install MagiskManager.
  • Magisk sound mods appear to work e.g. ViperFX.
  • Substratum works fine.

• Quickstep launcher is a very basic version, don't expect to tweak much. Google feed won't work for you.
  • Recommended: use an alternate launchair like Lawnchair 2.

• Sound changes may mean older sound mods no longer work.
  • The google sound app may crash. Use version 2.1.

This rom will not work / will never work on i9515, i9500 and i9506 variants of S4.

Last edited:

Buff99

Apr 16, 2009
Reporting bugs

Proper reporting of issues will help me spend time productively fixing bugs rather than tail chasing vague issues.
Please follow these guidelines.

Reporting bugs
If you wish to report an issue, then the onus is on you to prove the issue.

• If you provide exact replication instructions, an idea of how often the issue occurs and logs that enable me to replicate the issue then a fix will be possible ("if you do action 1 then action 2 then action 3 you will find that bug X occurs 100% of the time").
  • If you give a vague complaint about an issue then I will not look at it without explicit replication instructions and preferably logs ("phone overheats when using game XYZ").
  • Issues about overheating, battery life or performance should be backed up with information from relevant monitoring apps.
  • One-off issues generally do not get investigated unless they are well documented and have provided logs.
  • Issues that are specific to one piece of software will generally not get investigated without logs. I am not very keen on installing software to investigate bugs, especially if I need to create user accounts. If you can replicate the issue on more than one piece of software it will increase the chance of being fixed.
  • Issues to do with speaker or microphone related issues need to be explicit about which speaker and mic is in use (internal, head phones, earphones, bluetooth headset, Bluetooth speakers), whether normal earpiece or hands free mode is in use, Audio mods that have been installed. Logs may be helpful too.
  • Issues with media / streaming / playback should be provided with examples.
  • A picture is worth a thousand words; a movie is thousands of pictures. If you cannot describe your problem in words, post pictures or movies to help show your issue. The rom has in-built screen capture and screen recording tools, so please use them.
  • It can often be difficult to tell what is going on with logs from a fully loaded system. It can help if you make a nandroid of your current system, format and then make a clean install, with gapps only if needed, and only the app that causes the issue - as minimal a system for replication as possible - then replicate the bug and capture logs. If I then have to replicate the issue I can easily replicate your system.

If you want to send logs for a bug, I would like you to use Syslog.

• Perform some of the functionality that is bugged and then capture logs in the app.
  • If you have had a reboot then capture a set of logs immediately when the system reboots. If the last-kmsg file is empty then the logs are useless.
  • Type a brief description of the problem in the notes field and your XDA username .
  • Select to scrub personal information.
  • Upload it to a web based host (gdrive, dropbox, etc.) and PM the link to me.

And remember:
The Drill ....
LOGCATorGTFO.jpg

Last edited:

aelfinn

Jun 3, 2012
Hardware button customization seems to be borked. The Menu/Recents button cannot be configured at all; default actions stay active whatever you select. The same seems to be true for the Back button.

nickhere

Aug 23, 2013
as pure basic rom this seem to work great not seeing modem and bluetooth dropping . i do miss the status bar changing or even lite notification light setting like i see in 8

Buff99

Apr 16, 2009
This rom is EOL (End of life) so will get not further development.
It hasn't been updated by GZ team since the September security updates.

Reactions: steini81

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [JDCTeam] &#129383; GZOSP Pie &#129383; Release 03 [29 Sept] [9.0.0_r46] [unofficial] [EOL]

https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2FuKizsc

GZOSP is an AOSP (including CAF) derived rom and is a pure stock experience. It is lean and clean and there won't be many of the tweaks you are used to seeing and not using on all the other custom roms.
    GZOSP is used as a base for many other projects.

Download rom HERE

GZOSP source: HERE
    Buffcore kernel source: HERE

Do not mirror downloads - only AFH please.
    Do not start threads on other forums about this rom - this is the only official source for downloads and support.
    Ask for help here only - not official GZOSP community.​

SUPPORTED DEVICES
    All following Galaxy S4 variants with Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 are supported:
    • GT-i9505 - jfltexx
    • GT-i9507 - jtfddxx
    • GT-i9508 - jfltezm
    • SCH-i545 - jfltevzw
    • SCH-r970 - jflteusc
    • SGH-l337 - jflteatt
    • SGH-l337m - jfltecan
    • SGH-l337z - jfltecri
    • SGH-m919 - jfltetmo
    • SGH-s970g - TracFone / Straight talk
    • SM-s975l - TracFone / Straight talk
    • SPH-l720 - jfltespr
    • SPH-l720t -jflterefreshspr
    • jfltezm - China mobile
    • jfltecsp
    • jfltetfnatt
    • jfltetfntmo

All Variants with a locked bootloader are currently unavailable until the unified tree is further updated.
    AT&T USERS: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the UCUAMDB or UCUAMDL bootloader.
    VERIZON USERS: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the VRUAMDK bootloader.​
    Do 'getprop ro.bootloader' in Terminal Emulator or through ADB shell to find out which bootloader you have.​

TWRP
    You are REQUIRED to be using TWRP 3.2.3-0 or newer to be able to flash any Pie rom.
    If your device does not have an updated relevant version then you can use the standard JFLTE version.
    If you have a device with a locked but exploitable bootloader as above (AT&T + Verizon) then use the Loki-patched version.​

Latest recommended JDC TWRP Recovery v3.3.0-0 for JFLTE: HERE.
    Official TWRP Recovery v3.2.3-0 for JFLTE Loki-patched by @mattgyver: HERE.
    Other variants may require a different recovery. :eek:

UNSUPPORTED DEVICES
    GT-I9515 is not / will never be supported (slightly different hardware)

GT-I9500 is not / will never be supported (completely different hardware)

ThanksSPECIAL THANKS
    • Donators
    • JDCTeam-pie test team / Slack testers
    • AndroidFileHost
    • All of you!
    JDCTeam

Be sure to check out our official aroma addon installer by @salimPS HERE

You are welcome to join the official JDC Team chat / test group in Slack jdcteam-pie

XDA:DevDB Information
    &#129383; GZOSP Pie &#129383; for S4 unified, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
    Buff99, side
    Source Code: https://github.com/GZOSP

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Lollipop compatible
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-07-06
    Last Updated 2019-12-26
    Installation
    Required for installation:
    Recovery - Latest recommended JDC TWRP Recovery v3.3.0-0 for JFLTE: HERE.
    If you require a LOKI-patched version of TWRP, try this version patched by @mattgyver.
    Firmware - Lollipop supporting bootloader and modem / non-hlos. Look in _Bon_Bon's great MODEMS and BOOTLOADERS collection
    The following are "best practice" recommendations for installation, you may be successful using your own routine.
    1st install - " clean install "

• ** OPTIONAL Properly remove previous root solution (recommended - flash Magisk uninstaller and UnSU). **
    • Fully wipe device (At least system, cache, dalvik and data. Recommended - fully clean by wiping internal and external SD).
    • Install Rom.
    • Install desired root solution. (see post#4).
    • DO NOT Wipe cache and art / dalvik (rom is partially pre-deodexed).
    • Reboot.
    • Wait for 1st boot.
    • Enjoy.

2nd and subsequent installs - " dirty flash "

• ** OPTIONAL Uninstall all Substratum overlays ** .
    • Properly remove previous root solution (recommended - flash Magisk uninstaller and UnSU).
    • Wipe system, cache and art / dalvik (wiping system is ESSENTIAL for Magisk).
    • Install Rom.
    • Install desired root solution. (see post #4).
    • DO NOT wipe cache and art / dalvik (rom is partially pre-deodexed).
    • Reboot.
    • Wait for app optimisation.
    • Enjoy.

While dirty flashing may be possible for some updates, be prepared that progress means you will occasionally need to clean install updates (usually when settings files are changed)!
    Nandroid backups are your friend!​
    Reporting bugs

Proper reporting of issues will help me spend time productively fixing bugs rather than tail chasing vague issues.
    Please follow these guidelines.

Reporting bugs
    If you wish to report an issue, then the onus is on you to prove the issue.

• If you provide exact replication instructions, an idea of how often the issue occurs and logs that enable me to replicate the issue then a fix will be possible ("if you do action 1 then action 2 then action 3 you will find that bug X occurs 100% of the time").
    • If you give a vague complaint about an issue then I will not look at it without explicit replication instructions and preferably logs ("phone overheats when using game XYZ").
    • Issues about overheating, battery life or performance should be backed up with information from relevant monitoring apps.
    • One-off issues generally do not get investigated unless they are well documented and have provided logs.
    • Issues that are specific to one piece of software will generally not get investigated without logs. I am not very keen on installing software to investigate bugs, especially if I need to create user accounts. If you can replicate the issue on more than one piece of software it will increase the chance of being fixed.
    • Issues to do with speaker or microphone related issues need to be explicit about which speaker and mic is in use (internal, head phones, earphones, bluetooth headset, Bluetooth speakers), whether normal earpiece or hands free mode is in use, Audio mods that have been installed. Logs may be helpful too.
    • Issues with media / streaming / playback should be provided with examples.
    • A picture is worth a thousand words; a movie is thousands of pictures. If you cannot describe your problem in words, post pictures or movies to help show your issue. The rom has in-built screen capture and screen recording tools, so please use them.
    • It can often be difficult to tell what is going on with logs from a fully loaded system. It can help if you make a nandroid of your current system, format and then make a clean install, with gapps only if needed, and only the app that causes the issue - as minimal a system for replication as possible - then replicate the bug and capture logs. If I then have to replicate the issue I can easily replicate your system.

If you want to send logs for a bug, I would like you to use Syslog.

• Perform some of the functionality that is bugged and then capture logs in the app.
    • If you have had a reboot then capture a set of logs immediately when the system reboots. If the last-kmsg file is empty then the logs are useless.
    • Type a brief description of the problem in the notes field and your XDA username .
    • Select to scrub personal information.
    • Upload it to a web based host (gdrive, dropbox, etc.) and PM the link to me.

And remember:
    The Drill ....
    LOGCATorGTFO.jpg
    Latest changelist

Release 03 - 29th September 2019
    release_03-Gzosp-jflte-9.Stable.2.1-UNOFFICIAL-20190927-1031.zip - 312 MB
    md5sum - 7c7736cd444ab0944a8cf7c6bf4c9510

Release 02

• September 2019 security patches.
    • Miracast / casting enabled
    • performance tuned - Interactive governor & AutoSMP
    • Buffcore kernel 10.0
    • Row IO scheduler set as default

• August security updates.
    • Buffcore kernel 10.00
    • Wake on Home button
    • HWkeys working correctly

Release 01

• July security updates.
    • Buffcore kernel 7.01b - updated to Linux 3.4.113. Better sleep time, better heat management.
    Thanks to JDCTeam chat / test group in Slack jdcteam-pie .
    Release 2 ready to download;

August updates, Wake on Home, HWkeys fixed
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone