[JDCTeam][7.1.2][21 August][Substratum] The Android Open Source Project NJH47F

-+BB+-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2013
Is 4G-LTE works?
Yes, I've already ported the needed code in our repos

Great ROM for a first build. everything works for me except Viper4Android which i get I/O error upon installing the driver.

Does anyone know which root app allows button remap for recent/settings/home/etc? This feature is not built into the ROM.
I will add the feature soon, regarding audio mods you must wait viper4android guys updates for N..!

Interesting that you included Substratum in your ROM but didn't include the Substratum team in your credits.. Why is that?
Because I say thanks personally to Bitsyko but i forgot to add him and his team to the credits I'll add them later when I'll go home! :)

Installed and running fine. AT&T with GApps micro package. Quite smooth!

It seems like the included root does not work for me. GPS and Bluetooth and other functions seem to work fine so far.

I will continue to test but it is an awesome initial build!

Thanks!

EDIT: NFC is greyed out for me as well and I am unable to turn it on.
I know, every new Android version it's the same story... I think I've fixed it, but I had no time for test the fix yet

I can confirm that the build does not yet support CDMA devices. On VZW it freezes at the boot logo. I've tried every flash method I know ( clean, dirty, dirty wipe nothing, no gapps, no su2.52.zip, etc). I am unable to get a log with adb by any method. Wish I could get something to help troubleshoot it.

[emoji20]
I already know what is it, I don't need logs, no worries, but actually I don't know what it's causing this and how to fix it, I must take a look closer at build repo code, I will try to provide verizon and cdma roms, but for the moment I can't compile a single unified rom for all devices..

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
NFC Services was using a lot of battery according to GSAM(on top of the app list) anyhow it's not working properly as far as I can tell
so I uninstalled it and everything else seem to work fine:cowboy::cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: fraydz

Char_G

Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2013
Missouri
Yes, I've already ported the needed code in our repos

I will add the feature soon, regarding audio mods you must wait viper4android guys updates for N..!

Because I say thanks personally to Bitsyko but i forgot to add him and his team to the credits I'll add them later when I'll go home! :)

I know, every new Android version it's the same story... I think I've fixed it, but I had no time for test the fix yet

I already know what is it, I don't need logs, no worries, but actually I don't know what it's causing this and how to fix it, I must take a look closer at build repo code, I will try to provide verizon and cdma roms, but for the moment I can't compile a single unified rom for all devices..
Oh good, I'll look forward to seeing them there, thank you very much :) @-+BB+-

Reactions: -+BB+-

Belgas14

Sep 2, 2016
My review after 3hours and 30% left:

Bugs Found: No mirror cast, but you can cast on youtube.
Status Bar: 2x Double Vibration On icone sometimes.
Music App: Forces Closes,

Battery drain over night (6 hours) : 2% AMAZING
Speed and Multi tasking its the best Android Rom i've seen on this device.

I kinda hyped to see what cames next, really amazing

Corduroysack

Oct 2, 2012
Leeds
noticed someone got tibu working? when i go to choose strorage and pick documentprovider i keep getting documents has stopped? Other than that its amazing rom :)

using detect option it finds my folder but now it says its not writable, mind you tbf ive had that problem on some roms since i flashed back to stock with odin

Last edited:

-+BB+-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2013
Oh good, I'll look forward to seeing them there, thank you very much :) @-+BB+-
TeamSubstratum and Sony devs added to credits :)

Just Flashed it and it's faster than a rocket! One thing: Is normal that the first boot wizard doesn't shows up?
Yes, I temporary disabled the wizard because crashes recursively, I will take a look and fix it soon (haven't inspected yet, but probably system does not grant some permission needed by setup wizard and the app crashes with a security exception)!
@belgast14 check app permissions, play music works fine here, no crashes for me playing music from my sdcard

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
TeamSubstratum and Sony devs added to credits :)

Yes, I temporary disabled the wizard because crashes recursively, I will take a look and fix it soon (haven't inspected yet, but probably system does not grant some permission needed by setup wizard and the app crashes with a security exception)!

@belgast14 check app permissions, play music works fine here, no crashes for me playing music from my sdcard
Music crashes for me also-nano gapps if it has anything to do with it. (maybe because I have no music on the phone:), wiped data and set all permissions)
I have played with the ROM all day and it's AMAZING fast and almost perfect, First build......truly a great job.
STweaks don't work (no allucard kernel?)
NFC was using battery (uninstalled the app) and is greyed out.
Is ADB enabled in superuser? It used to be you could enable app and ADB in settings.
When I install google phone in Privapp/Dialer I paste in the phone but it does not show. Reboot and go back to dialer directory and there it is, now I can set permissions.
Same thing happened with the latest Google Contacts.
Anyhow everything works Great just curious about this.
Thank you for the absolutely best first release of any rom that I have tried and I've been flashing since the I9000:silly:

Last edited:
Reactions: Axl_Mas

fraydz

Oct 9, 2009
NFC Services was using a lot of battery according to GSAM(on top of the app list) anyhow it's not working properly as far as I can tell
so I uninstalled it and everything else seem to work fine:cowboy::cool:
i second that. huge battery drain stopped right after uninstalling it. thanks for the tip

masterlo3

May 3, 2014
i can confirm viper4android working on this ROM and works well... busy box installation from playstore is vital.. but then i flashed the v4a flashable zip that includes supolicy and init.d support... battery life is awesome!

Apad121

Jan 5, 2016
Hi there

All I can say is WOW! Just a few days and we already have Nougat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was not expecting a remotely working build of Nougat for the S4 for at least two months!

Before I use this ROM as a daily driver can someone inform me of any noticeable bugs?

Thanks in advance :D