[JDCTeam][9.0] Android Pie - Flashable Preview Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

redsete

Jan 4, 2017
Great Man

Android-9-Pie-slice-featured-810x298_c.png

Some of you may know me at S4 forums. As promised, I will support S4 for yet another year and bring up the Android Pie.
So here we are. In this thread I will give you a small bite of S4 pie.
Some of you may have some questions.... So lets get it started.

Before first boot

1) Is that AOSP ? Is that LineageOS ? What is it?
- This is 99% pure AOSP sources with some LineageOS additions under the hood in order to allow our old S4 boot the Pie.

2) Is that an Alpha-beta-gamma-etc version of Optimized LineageOS 16.0?
- Maybe... But actually no... However it will surely be the base for my OptLos16.0 releases.

3) What to expect from it?
- NOTHING. ITS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR DAILY USAGE.
IT'S JUST A PREVIEW
... A SMALL BITE FROM THE ANDROID 9 PIE.

4) Whats working?
- It boots and charges. Nothing else is working. NOTHING. The only thing you can do is explore the UI, move around and such. It's just a sneak peak.

5) Whats NOT working ?
- EVERYTHING. Camera, GPS, nfc, wifi, vibration....
NOTHING WORKS.

6) Can i report bugs ?
- Hell no. There is no reason to report bugs. I know what's NOT working so I can fix it when I have time. Repeat with me...
IT'S ONLY A PREVIEW.

7) Why did you release this, you attention whore?
- S4 is dying from one day to next. Users are kicking out their devices....Give me ONE reason to NOT release a preview... There are only a few of us left who still use S4. I want to provide all the fresh stuff I can.
I promised(https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77404240&postcount=1690) and I delivered.

8) "If JDCTeam were still active they would not let you release in such early stage"
- I know. Sorry guys. Our S4 is dying. I don't listen to "rules" when its a need.

9) Will it ever be stable?
- Yes. That's a promise.

10) So how do i install it?
- I used the latest official TWRP and simply wiped & flashed the zip. No special technique or circus.

After first boot

1) It's laggy. WTF mate?
- Of course it is. And its not Pie's fault. There is much stuff missing inside. Do not expect anything.

2) I pressed power button and it doesn't wake up
- Yes. That's what happens to old devices. Same happened to Oreo when it was first released. I will fix it soon. Relax people. Patience. Please remove and re-insert your battery again. Set the screen time-out long so you don't encounter it.
For now DO NOT LOCK / SLEEP YOUR DEVICE.

3) I had random reboot / freeze / SystemUI crash
- Yes. That's normal. Although it didn't happen to me.

4) I cant find the recents menu
- Neither did I. Since ADB is disabled for now i cant debug it. Could be launcher. Try Nova. Patience.... the best will come soon.

In conclusion
I would like to thank:
  • Every Optimized Lineage / CM user that is / was active at forums and pumped me up to bring Pie to S4.
  • Every OptLosOreo Slack member that helped me in his own way.
  • Every code stealer. I want you around guys.
Specially:
@Creeper36 The guy under the hood who's always supporting me for 3 years now. He is back !
@Buff99 My other half on optlos15.1. No buff - No RR for JF - No updated kernel.
@Patrick x The most loyal member. Been with me since day 1 of telegram.
All others from OptLosOreo Slack team especially Splesher, JMvstheworld, RuKaDa, Tim, SalimPS , Kesaras (I wont tag em to avoid spam).

Thanks again!
Take your taste of pie here
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MlgPVENYH0RgBbA7Ovl0oeH6U62uGWpH

XDA:DevDB Information
[9.0] Android Pie - Flashable Preview Release, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
side, buff99, patrick x, creeper36
Source Code: is enough for now

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-08-23
Last Updated 2018-08-24

Your commitment to what you do is admirable. Surely you are a great man!

Reactions: Amadeyo

dVinsmoke

Apr 11, 2015
Soul Society
Master @side, do you have plans to bring some AOSP ROM 8.1 or 9.0 to Jflte (AOSP Extended or another)? Please consider this. Aosp are great to use, for example I really like the Oreo but roms based on LineageOS and RR warm up and have some Lags, so I stayed in AOSP Extended 7.1.2 for daily use is smooth and fast :)

side

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jul 30, 2014
Thessaloniki
Master @side, do you have plans to bring some AOSP ROM 8.1 or 9.0 to Jflte (AOSP Extended or another)? Please consider this. Aosp are great to use, for example I really like the Oreo but roms based on LineageOS and RR warm up and have some Lags, so I stayed in AOSP Extended 7.1.2 for daily use is smooth and fast :)

Good evening. No I am not aosp guy. Those roms are out of my site. Although the lag and heat u say, is fixed on my Oreo builds

L.F.B.

Feb 29, 2012
Good to know @side is one more time giving a breath of life to our 9505!

Hey @side, I Think now will be only you to continue developin for us right?

Hope buffcore will continue to his kernel! Its a really amazing kernel. My device is better with O kernel than previous one in Android N.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android-9-Pie-slice-featured-810x298_c.png

Some of you may know me at S4 forums. As promised, I will support S4 for yet another year and bring up the Android Pie.
    So here we are. In this thread I will give you a small bite of S4 pie.
    Some of you may have some questions.... So lets get it started.

Before first boot

1) Is that AOSP ? Is that LineageOS ? What is it?
    - This is 99% pure AOSP sources with some LineageOS additions under the hood in order to allow our old S4 boot the Pie.

2) Is that an Alpha-beta-gamma-etc version of Optimized LineageOS 16.0?
    - Maybe... But actually no... However it will surely be the base for my OptLos16.0 releases.

3) What to expect from it?
    - NOTHING. ITS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR DAILY USAGE.
    IT'S JUST A PREVIEW
    ... A SMALL BITE FROM THE ANDROID 9 PIE.

4) Whats working?
    - It boots and charges. Nothing else is working. NOTHING. The only thing you can do is explore the UI, move around and such. It's just a sneak peak.

5) Whats NOT working ?
    - EVERYTHING. Camera, GPS, nfc, wifi, vibration....
    NOTHING WORKS.

6) Can i report bugs ?
    - Hell no. There is no reason to report bugs. I know what's NOT working so I can fix it when I have time. Repeat with me...
    IT'S ONLY A PREVIEW.

7) Why did you release this, you attention whore?
    - S4 is dying from one day to next. Users are kicking out their devices....Give me ONE reason to NOT release a preview... There are only a few of us left who still use S4. I want to provide all the fresh stuff I can.
    I promised(https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77404240&postcount=1690) and I delivered.

8) "If JDCTeam were still active they would not let you release in such early stage"
    - I know. Sorry guys. Our S4 is dying. I don't listen to "rules" when its a need.

9) Will it ever be stable?
    - Yes. That's a promise.

10) So how do i install it?
    - I used the latest official TWRP and simply wiped & flashed the zip. No special technique or circus.

After first boot

1) It's laggy. WTF mate?
    - Of course it is. And its not Pie's fault. There is much stuff missing inside. Do not expect anything.

2) I pressed power button and it doesn't wake up
    - Yes. That's what happens to old devices. Same happened to Oreo when it was first released. I will fix it soon. Relax people. Patience. Please remove and re-insert your battery again. Set the screen time-out long so you don't encounter it.
    For now DO NOT LOCK / SLEEP YOUR DEVICE.

3) I had random reboot / freeze / SystemUI crash
    - Yes. That's normal. Although it didn't happen to me.

4) I cant find the recents menu
    - Neither did I. Since ADB is disabled for now i cant debug it. Could be launcher. Try Nova. Patience.... the best will come soon.

In conclusion
    I would like to thank:
    • Every Optimized Lineage / CM user that is / was active at forums and pumped me up to bring Pie to S4.
    • Every OptLosOreo Slack member that helped me in his own way.
    • Every code stealer. I want you around guys.
    Specially:
    @Creeper36 The guy under the hood who's always supporting me for 3 years now. He is back !
    @Buff99 My other half on optlos15.1. No buff - No RR for JF - No updated kernel.
    @Patrick x The most loyal member. Been with me since day 1 of telegram.
    All others from OptLosOreo Slack team especially Splesher, JMvstheworld, RuKaDa, Tim, SalimPS , Kesaras (I wont tag em to avoid spam).

Thanks again!
    Take your taste of pie here
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MlgPVENYH0RgBbA7Ovl0oeH6U62uGWpH

XDA:DevDB Information
    [JDCTeam][9.0] Android Pie - Flashable Preview Release, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
    side, buff99, patrick x, creeper36
    Source Code: https://github.com/JDCTeam/platform_kernel_samsung_jf is enough for now

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-08-23
    Last Updated 2018-09-14
    just an info... Pie is fixed by 90% ...only ril left to be fixed.
    Pie for jfltexx is true ,people!

i wish we can have it during october

PS
    major help taken by the grandmaster arco ...search for that guy.
    This thread will be converted to Optimized Lineage16.0 when i feel like its ready
    i am already workingg on it...take care.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone