[JDCTeam][9.0] Android Pie - Flashable Preview Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hcdaniel

Oct 4, 2018
Hi,

I appreciate your work and am looking forward to upgrade my S4 to Pie.

I am not really an Android dev, but from time to tine I try to build Android from sources (last time it was lineage 14.1 for the S4). I'm wondering whether you will (eventually) make all of your code available for people to try to rebuild your work. I can understand your frustration w.r.t. the Oreo port being used without proper credits. For me its pure curiosity, plus the (currently theoretical) option to apply simple fixes to the source code, that makes me ask for this.

Regards,

Daniel

side

Recognized Developer / Contributor
  • Jul 30, 2014
    Thessaloniki
    Hi,

I appreciate your work and am looking forward to upgrade my S4 to Pie.

I am not really an Android dev, but from time to tine I try to build Android from sources (last time it was lineage 14.1 for the S4). I'm wondering whether you will (eventually) make all of your code available for people to try to rebuild your work. I can understand your frustration w.r.t. the Oreo port being used without proper credits. For me its pure curiosity, plus the (currently theoretical) option to apply simple fixes to the source code, that makes me ask for this.

Regards,

Daniel
    No.

Sources will not be available. Only the kernel will be,as GPL forces to. People must understand that we are not kids . We say something and we keep it.

xell75

Dec 25, 2009
    Berlin
    No.

Sources will not be available. Only the kernel will be,as GPL forces to. People must understand that we are not kids . We say something and we keep it.
    Totally acceptable, we should be happy that we still get an working Pie for our old beloved S4 after all what happened. Keep up the good work guys @side @Buff99

tneot01

Mar 8, 2018
    LOUSIVILLE
    Few more screenshots... your slice of pie is very very close!

Once again, please give a huge thanks to @side !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181014-130917_Quickstep.jpg
      Screenshot_20181014-130917_Quickstep.jpg
      120.9 KB · Views: 1,855
    • Screenshot_20181014-130839_Quickstep.jpg
      Screenshot_20181014-130839_Quickstep.jpg
      82.8 KB · Views: 1,867
    • Screenshot_20181014-130824_Settings.png
      Screenshot_20181014-130824_Settings.png
      98.1 KB · Views: 1,805
    Last edited:

Alan90

Feb 8, 2016
    I like this I have one request in advance

please develop an alternative to Supersu 2.8.2 R5 because I don't like magisk the same as having an app that is like SuperSu but newer and updated of course please I would like a tool option to choose system full root or systemless without it damaging the boot which is difficult to do but system mode saves more battery it could be made systemless but system mode the root app so it is not deleted

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

I am asking for developers to please make a newer version of the SuperSu root app I could flash into this and so I can choose system mode or systemless I would be grateful to be able to use both ways any version of android

Buff99

Apr 16, 2009
    please develop an alternative to Supersu 2.8.2 R5 because I don't like magisk the same as having an app that is like SuperSu but newer and updated of course please I would like a tool option to choose system full root or systemless without it damaging the boot which is difficult to do but system mode saves more battery it could be made systemless but system mode the root app so it is not deleted

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

I am asking for developers to please make a newer version of the SuperSu root app I could flash into this and so I can choose system mode or systemless I would be grateful to be able to use both ways any version of android

Off-topic.
    Please post your request in an appropriate forum.
    Which isn't here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Android-9-Pie-slice-featured-810x298_c.png

Some of you may know me at S4 forums. As promised, I will support S4 for yet another year and bring up the Android Pie.
      So here we are. In this thread I will give you a small bite of S4 pie.
      Some of you may have some questions.... So lets get it started.

Before first boot

1) Is that AOSP ? Is that LineageOS ? What is it?
      - This is 99% pure AOSP sources with some LineageOS additions under the hood in order to allow our old S4 boot the Pie.

2) Is that an Alpha-beta-gamma-etc version of Optimized LineageOS 16.0?
      - Maybe... But actually no... However it will surely be the base for my OptLos16.0 releases.

3) What to expect from it?
      - NOTHING. ITS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR DAILY USAGE.
      IT'S JUST A PREVIEW
      ... A SMALL BITE FROM THE ANDROID 9 PIE.

4) Whats working?
      - It boots and charges. Nothing else is working. NOTHING. The only thing you can do is explore the UI, move around and such. It's just a sneak peak.

5) Whats NOT working ?
      - EVERYTHING. Camera, GPS, nfc, wifi, vibration....
      NOTHING WORKS.

6) Can i report bugs ?
      - Hell no. There is no reason to report bugs. I know what's NOT working so I can fix it when I have time. Repeat with me...
      IT'S ONLY A PREVIEW.

7) Why did you release this, you attention whore?
      - S4 is dying from one day to next. Users are kicking out their devices....Give me ONE reason to NOT release a preview... There are only a few of us left who still use S4. I want to provide all the fresh stuff I can.
      I promised(https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77404240&postcount=1690) and I delivered.

8) "If JDCTeam were still active they would not let you release in such early stage"
      - I know. Sorry guys. Our S4 is dying. I don't listen to "rules" when its a need.

9) Will it ever be stable?
      - Yes. That's a promise.

10) So how do i install it?
      - I used the latest official TWRP and simply wiped & flashed the zip. No special technique or circus.

After first boot

1) It's laggy. WTF mate?
      - Of course it is. And its not Pie's fault. There is much stuff missing inside. Do not expect anything.

2) I pressed power button and it doesn't wake up
      - Yes. That's what happens to old devices. Same happened to Oreo when it was first released. I will fix it soon. Relax people. Patience. Please remove and re-insert your battery again. Set the screen time-out long so you don't encounter it.
      For now DO NOT LOCK / SLEEP YOUR DEVICE.

3) I had random reboot / freeze / SystemUI crash
      - Yes. That's normal. Although it didn't happen to me.

4) I cant find the recents menu
      - Neither did I. Since ADB is disabled for now i cant debug it. Could be launcher. Try Nova. Patience.... the best will come soon.

In conclusion
      I would like to thank:
      • Every Optimized Lineage / CM user that is / was active at forums and pumped me up to bring Pie to S4.
      • Every OptLosOreo Slack member that helped me in his own way.
      • Every code stealer. I want you around guys.
      Specially:
      @Creeper36 The guy under the hood who's always supporting me for 3 years now. He is back !
      @Buff99 My other half on optlos15.1. No buff - No RR for JF - No updated kernel.
      @Patrick x The most loyal member. Been with me since day 1 of telegram.
      All others from OptLosOreo Slack team especially Splesher, JMvstheworld, RuKaDa, Tim, SalimPS , Kesaras (I wont tag em to avoid spam).

Thanks again!
      Take your taste of pie here
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MlgPVENYH0RgBbA7Ovl0oeH6U62uGWpH

XDA:DevDB Information
      [JDCTeam][9.0] Android Pie - Flashable Preview Release, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
      side, buff99, patrick x, creeper36
      Source Code: https://github.com/JDCTeam/platform_kernel_samsung_jf is enough for now

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-08-23
      Last Updated 2018-09-14
      just an info... Pie is fixed by 90% ...only ril left to be fixed.
      Pie for jfltexx is true ,people!

i wish we can have it during october

PS
      major help taken by the grandmaster arco ...search for that guy.
      This thread will be converted to Optimized Lineage16.0 when i feel like its ready
      i am already workingg on it...take care.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone