[JDCTeam] Optimized LineageOS18.1 v4.1 [4May]

Search This thread

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
I did advanced cleaning and formatted data with twrp, before flashing anyway with android 9 and 10 it worked fine.
Hmm, then I don't know any more either. It seems, this problem can only be solved by a knowledgeable developer. Can you provide a (detailed) list of all you have flashed (ideally only latest rom without gapps) and your device, bootloader, modem and a logcat. But don't expect a fast solution. The developer is extremely busy in the last time. He has several projects running at the same time...

I tried flashing V3 and V4 from SD Card on my GT-I9505 and in both instances it flashes successfully but while loading into the LineageOS while the logo is showing, I get the "Encryption Unsuccessful - Erase all data" error (see attached screenschot) . I tried pressing the button to erase all data and it just restarts and does the same thing again. Any idea what the problem is? I'm using a recent version of TWRP (v3.2.3).

Attachments

• 20210508_161114.jpg
    20210508_161114.jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 46

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
  • Jun 10, 2015
    Athens
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    I tried flashing V3 and V4 from SD Card on my GT-I9505 and in both instances it flashes successfully but while loading into the LineageOS while the logo is showing, I get the "Encryption Unsuccessful - Erase all data" error (see attached screenschot) . I tried pressing the button to erase all data and it just restarts and does the same thing again. Any idea what the problem is? I'm using a recent version of TWRP (v3.2.3).
    The latest TWRP is 3.5.2_9-0. Make clean installation according my guides in the S4 Unified Collection & Guides.

Reactions: pocketrule
    The latest TWRP is 3.5.2_9-0. Make clean installation according my guides in the S4 Unified Collection & Guides.
    correction, i already have that version of TWRP installed. Any other potential causes. Should I try the crDroid ROM? It is marked as jflte rather than jfltexx. The official LineageOS builds for jfltexx are all nightlies

Update, i formatted data again after flashing rom and I'm in!

Last edited:

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
  • Jun 10, 2015
    Athens
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    correction, i already have that version of TWRP installed. Any other potential causes. Should I try the crDroid ROM? It is marked as jflte rather than jfltexx. The official LineageOS builds for jfltexx are all nightlies
    Use the latest TWRP which I linked above and follow step by step the "Clean Install Custom ROM" Guide. You need to format data not just wipe. Everything is explained in my guide.
    Jflte=all variants with similar hardware as jfltexx. You can use whatever ROM u think suits best for you but the thread here is for OptLos 😜

WOCKY48

Mar 8, 2021
    After more testing I find that Waze and Sygic work OK so no problem with GPS.
    Google maps will open and stay open with a downloaded offline map if there is no WiFi or cell signal.
    As soon as one or the other is available maps closes.
    So does this mean it's an app problem and not a ROM problem or has anyone an idea of what's going wrong.
    FIXED. Hope this will help someone else.
    Apps closing unexpectedly particularly Google Maps and Android Auto.
    I was using 18.1 V3 and Mindthegapps-11.0.0-arm-2021....
    Now using 18.1 V4 and BitGapps-arm-11.0.0-R26
    No more problems with any apps closing.

Also using Sandisk SDcard 16GB formatted as shared Internal storage.
    Some App icons were disappearing from pages after reboot was fixed by moving to internal storage.
    Thanks to all involved in the development and will be following with interest.

RtGh43

Jan 26, 2014
    News relat
    Same here.
    Hotspot does not appear under windows, etc.
    News related to "hotspot problem";

Hotspot does not work.
    Mobile connection okay.
    When clicking to activate it, it immediatly jumps back to off and shows "failure" in settings.
    This happens everytime I try it.
    No setting changes this.

What I have:
    newest twrp correct installed.
    ROM V4.
    GAPPS11 Test.

What I did:
    Several clean installations.
    flashed newest bootloader and modem for i9505 with odin - shows green.

Happens with and without active data connection.

edit:
    same seems with wlan: cant find any networks.

Last edited:

RtGh43

Jan 26, 2014
    For me, hotspot is stable. It seems your problem is connected with your specific device.

You could check out the S4 flash guide from @Retrial and make sure, you've got the latest firmware and bootloader and do a clean flash

If that doesn't help you could take a logcat right after the error occurs. Link for SysLog can be found in @Retrial's guide, too.
    Yes, seems to be related to specific device.

Did a clean install of Optimized 17V9; worked for me several days ago. Now same failure: no WLAN and no hotspot possible.

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
    Yes, seems to be related to specific device.

Did a clean install of Optimized 17V9; worked for me several days ago. Now same failure: no WLAN and no hotspot possible.
    @side is working on an update and he did already something to get the hotspot work. If you want to check out the latest test build, you can get it in slack channel. Otherwise you have to wait for the release (won't take much long I think)

Reactions: Retrial

zyhk

• May 9, 2020
    Updated to 4.1
    Please update if you have hotspot and wifi issues
    I feel audio players become considerably stable. I made a magisk module for S4 to become a very HiFi audio device (optimizing kernel tunables and audio configurations).
    Enjoy it!
    (Please disable battery optimizations for music players, "Android Services Library", "Google Play Services", "magisk", "bluetooth" (system app), etc. through "Applications and Notifications" settings for audio quality.)

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage that may occur to your device.
    This module make its thermal core control off and its selinux state permissive.

Edit: 1) "magisk-hifi-maximizer-mod.zip" updated (v1.0 -> v1.1)
    2) "qcamera.json" added (a custom control for BuffCore kernel adiutor; importable)
    to disable/enable the camera service which interferes in jitters on audio outputs. Disable the camera service to achieve uppermost HiFi.

Edit2: "magisk-hifi-maximizer-v1-2-mod.zip" added (camera service will be automatically disabled if using this mod). Re-optimized for bluetooth earphones and AirMusic (a capturing and transmitting app to DLNA renderers; recommend additional delay 3000msec to reduce jitters on a DLNA link).

Edit3: "magisk-hifi-maximizer-v1-4-mod.zip" updated (v1.2 -> v1.4). Re-optimized for TWS earphones and SBC HD, etc..

Attachments

• magisk-hifi-maximizer-v1-1-mod.zip
      13.9 KB · Views: 10
    • qcamera.json
      523 bytes · Views: 3
    • magisk-hifi-maximizer-v1-4-mod.zip
      15.2 KB · Views: 3
    Last edited:

nbig95

May 4, 2016
    Hi, Thanks a lot for your great work again.
    I just installed the last version of the OS V4.1 with open_gapps-arm-11.0-full-20210130-TEST.
    I did not have the time to test correctly, but It seems working.
    However, I cannot install "Google family Link" to allow my son to use this phone with parental control, because when I try to install it after I put my son's email / google account and my own account, I have this message that does not allow to install it :
    "This profile manager is required for Google accounts managed with Family Link"
    So, I cannot activate Family Link Manager.
    Do you know why ? Do you know what is missing really ?
    I had already this issue with V2 of this Lineage OS and Gapps apps.
    Is there any additional Google profile manager application to download? Where ?
    I downloaded Google Account Manager from APKpure, "Google Account Manager_v7.1.2_apkpure.com.apk", but I have always the same issue.

Thanks a lot again

Last edited:

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
  • Jun 10, 2015
    Athens
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    Hi, Thanks a lot for your great work again.
    I just installed the last version of the OS V4.1 with open_gapps-arm-11.0-full-20210130-TEST.
    I did not have the time to test correctly, but It seems working.
    However, I cannot install "Google family Link" to allow my son to use this phone with parental control, because when I try to install it after I put my son's email / google account and my own account, I have this message that does not allow to install it :
    "This profile manager is required for Google accounts managed with Family Link"
    So, I cannot activate Family Link Manager.
    Do you know why ? Do you know what is missing really ?
    I had already this issue with V2 of this Lineage OS and Gapps apps.
    Is there any additional Google profile manager application to download? Where ?
    I downloaded Google Account Manager from APKpure, "Google Account Manager_v7.1.2_apkpure.com.apk", but I have always the same issue.

Thanks a lot again
    I don't know a lot about Google Family since I don't use it.
    Try NikGApps Core version (even if it's arm64 it will work on arm devices but only Core) or BitGApps or MindTheGapps.
    You can find all links in my S4 Unified Collection & Guides.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Optimized LineageOS 18.1
      brought to you by the Jflte DevConnection Team

⚠️ DISCLAIMER ⚠️
      Your warranty is now void.
      We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
      Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing!
      YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if, YOU point the finger at us for messing up your device, WE will laugh at you.

FEATURES 💫

• Based on Official LineageOS 18.1 - Android 11
      • Latest Security Updates integrated
      • Improved Speed, Stability, RAM usage & Battery drain