[JDCTeam] Optimized LineageOS18.1 v9.0 [11Apr]

Search This thread

dvhttn

Nov 4, 2010
Sunny Cornwall ...
There's something not quite right with this v5. I'm in i9505.
But mostly lots of app just randomly crash without warning. Gmap. Gumtree. EBay. Reddit. Its like anything that needs a bit of processing power at times will just crash without a warning or anything
My i9505 is just a spare but I have noticed Google maps crashing whenever I try to pinpoint my location. Just not looked into it much yet.

WOCKY48

Mar 8, 2021
There's something not quite right with this v5. I'm in i9505.
But mostly lots of app just randomly crash without warning. Gmap. Gumtree. EBay. Reddit. Its like anything that needs a bit of processing power at times will just crash without a warning or anything
I9505 V5 bitgaps R37
I have exactly the same problems particularly google maps crashing.
Sometimes maps run fine other times crashes at any time from opening. Other apps crash as well. This has happened from V4 which was my first installation.
I have tried many things to fix it deleting various caches etc. Other apps like Waze work without problems which leads me to think that the problem is with app or bitgapps.
Otherwise great work on this development. Really pleased overall
Posting logs may be beyond my capability but I will see if I can...Thanks

Solway

May 20, 2011
Cornwall, UK
for any crash please provide logs guys. i cant simply fix something without know the cause.i am not a magician
ive got logcat installed how would you like for me to provide logs? do i filter anything?

edit:
heres a quick logcat. filtered on errors only.
lots of thermal errors and gpu errors. plus theres a gumtree crash in there

https://pastebin.com/v207bi0b

why is it, when you are recording logs and you try and get it to crash, it doesnt crash.

Last edited:
Reactions: pocketrule

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
... google maps crashing...Other apps crash as well... leads me to think that the problem is with app or bitgapps...
To narrow it down, it could be of help indeed, if you could check out another gapps package. Or (even better): If you've got an app that crashes quite reliably and that is not installed with gapps package try without gapps.

Posting logs may be beyond my capability but I will see if I can...Thanks
If you're rooted, install SysLog from Scott Warner, grant root and if you see a crash, take a log with the app. Try it out, you'll see, it's very easy

Reactions: Retrial

side

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jul 30, 2014
Thessaloniki
Samsung Galaxy S4
ive got logcat installed how would you like for me to provide logs? do i filter anything?

edit:
heres a quick logcat. filtered on errors only.
lots of thermal errors and gpu errors. plus theres a gumtree crash in there

https://pastebin.com/v207bi0b

why is it, when you are recording logs and you try and get it to crash, it doesnt crash.
something is really bad with your google apps, making your RAM get full...thats why apps crashes all of a sudden...

Reactions: pocketrule

Solway

May 20, 2011
Cornwall, UK
something is really bad with your google apps, making your RAM get full...thats why apps crashes all of a sudden...
another log with a crash in there
https://pastebin.com/ypMbAmkP

it was a fresh install of the following

Optimized-LineageOS-18.1-V5.0
twrp-3.5.2_9-1-jflte
open_gapps-arm-11.0-nano-20210904
Magisk-v23.0

theres a lot of cpu temp logs poping up, but phone is not hot or anything. i came from 17.1 v7, without any issues there.

Reactions: side
Sep 9, 2021
First of all: Great work with the ROM!

My S7 just died and I remembered that I had a S4 laying around that I could use until I get a new phone.
I've upgraded it from CyanogenMod 13 (pretty ancient, huh) to Optimized LineageOS and was surprised that the S4 can handle Android 11 with all of its animations.

The ROM is perfect for small tasks like WhatsApp (messaging in general), Instagram (but don't do too much at once) and browsing the web, but like @Solway already said Its like anything that needs a bit of processing power at times will just crash without a warning or anything. Most of the time and consistently does YouTube (Vanced) crash, when the resolution gets automatically changed to 720p or you scrub through the video. Opening a video in full screen was possible for the first few times, but now it will crash instantly.

Will provide a log if I have the time. I'm using BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R38.

Btw for anyone thinking about jumping on this train as well, I've used this tutorial.

Reactions: side

WOCKY48

Mar 8, 2021
To narrow it down, it could be of help indeed, if you could check out another gapps package. Or (even better): If you've got an app that crashes quite reliably and that is not installed with gapps package try without gapps.

If you're rooted, install SysLog from Scott Warner, grant root and if you see a crash, take a log with the app. Try it out, you'll see, it's very easy
TWRP 3.5.2_9-1
LineageOS-18.1-V5.0
Magisk v23.0
Bitgapps R37
Sandisk 16GB 10 A1 sdcard formatted as internal memory
Rooted
I have tried mindthegaps and opengaps arm 11.0 nano but maps still crash.
With bitgapps I did not install any non configure based addons.
All apps were installed from play store.
Thanks for help pointing me to SYSLOG app to capture logs.
I have attached a maps crash log (I think) for examination.
Thanks again for help

Attachments

• 2021-09-10_08.24-maps_crash.zip
    58.3 KB · Views: 10

Solway

May 20, 2011
Cornwall, UK
more logs for you

https://zerobin.net/?6a4be9ecf8f9a1ad#P2/TB3Nfp6KbozGAJvvqZ2Hs5jEvXCqa0UMmZtD68uc=

this was a clear of logs history, then load gumtree, navigate around it until it crashes. actually froze itself then recovered itself, then a few seconds after it crash with a popup to wait or force close.
feels power/memory related, like a leak?

ive disabled the magisk addon for systemless host (ad thingy), and will re-test to see if that was causing it.

masss1

Sep 24, 2015
I did not try yet but on official version linage wrote "The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps" maybe this is solution...

Solway

May 20, 2011
Cornwall, UK
Reinstalled things but this time used Pico Opengapps dated 15th Sept. and all seems to be fine. Nothing crashed so far and tried a few more things/apps than previously. YMMV however ... !
I tried 17 again, Seemed to work.
So went back to 18, with various gaps packages. Most of which didn't restore my phone again.
So tried Opengapps 15th/Sept. Seemed to be a little better.

But gmaps crash. Gumtree crash, ebay crash. And it's like it crashes after a while, as if there's a mem leak or something.
I'm also running magisk 23

Oh and ebay has to be manually install, don't know why play store is marking phone as can't be installed

dvhttn

Nov 4, 2010
Sunny Cornwall ...
Reinstalled things but this time used Pico Opengapps dated 15th Sept. and all seems to be fine. Nothing crashed so far and tried a few more things/apps than previously. YMMV however ... !

OK. So now Maps is back to crashing. I did install a facebook app (Friendly) and Messenger and they both worked fine. Oh, as does Onenote. I use GPS Test and that works fine also (or as well as a 2013 phones GPS will let it ....).

As this is my spare phone I've not got that much time to test things but I'll try to install another mapping/routing app to check that though I suspect it's a Google apps issue ..?

zyhk

May 9, 2020
I tried 17 again, Seemed to work.
So went back to 18, with various gaps packages. Most of which didn't restore my phone again.
So tried Opengapps 15th/Sept. Seemed to be a little better.

But gmaps crash. Gumtree crash, ebay crash. And it's like it crashes after a while, as if there's a mem leak or something.
I'm also running magisk 23

Oh and ebay has to be manually install, don't know why play store is marking phone as can't be installed
Try a dirty flash of the official lineageos 18.1. I experienced Youtube music app random crashes, but didn't Apple music and Spotify apps' on optimized lineageos 18.1 with Bitgapps, Opengapps and Nikgapps. Since I changed to Official one by the dirty flash, I haven't experienced such random crashes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am unable to add my own ringtones.

Any suggestions?
    copy the mp3's to your internal phone storage. When you select a ringtone, scroll to the bottom. There is an option to add a ringtone. Took me hours to find that. :sneaky:
    Thanks for your prompt response. I did that and got the message "unable to add custom ringtone".
    OK. Found it. I cannot add tones directly from the app. I have to add them via settings ->sounds before choosing them in the app. Thanks for your help :)
    Optimized LineageOS 18.1
    brought to you by the Jflte DevConnection Team

⚠️ DISCLAIMER ⚠️
    Your warranty is now void.
    We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if, YOU point the finger at us for messing up your device, WE will laugh at you.

FEATURES 💫

• Based on Official LineageOS 18.1 - Android 11
    • Latest Security Updates integrated
    • Improved Speed, Stability, RAM usage & Battery drain