Jelly Bean for Xperia P, U, Sola & Go Discussion

Search This thread

felipevsw

Jan 9, 2012
Porto Alegre
I think that JB is not comming this year, since Sony just recently released ICS, and not for all devices yet (mine, Xperia U, will come only on September)... So only on 2013... Sad though.

CrazyPeter

Sep 1, 2010
Sony may suprise us.

Indeed. It's really down to device drivers. Now Sony are using their own inhouse stuff, (Thor chipset), it may happen quicker. Also ICS is not that different from Jellybean (unlike Gingerbread -> ICS).

I would say it's a safe bet to see ICS on at least the Xperia S before the end of the year.

Even more-so given Sony's intent to up their game in the mobile market. If they truely want to be king of the hill, they need great hardware (which I believe they are now doing), AND great software delivered on time. (still W.I.P)

realfelix

Apr 4, 2011
Trier
+1
Also, I'd prefer a Sony skinned JB over CM10.

well yh if they can provide the same experience like on CM10(buttery smooth) ..

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

sony wont be releasing the update until the whole 2012 Lineup has got ICS, xperia go, miro, active, P and U to go .. i'm ashamed.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

oh and as we can see the LT29i xperia tx will be released late august/september WITHOUT JB .. another clue that sony has just shattered their dreams themselves.

soulhackereborn

Jul 8, 2012
People only believe when the "Source" is reveled!!!
Not on baseless rumors....

Note : this comment is random and not pointing at and individual!!
Sony does a great job in disappointing its cell phone consumers

Sent from my MT27i using xda app

Reactions: ovee1

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
People only believe when the "Source" is reveled!!!
Not on baseless rumors....

Note : this comment is random and not pointing at and individual!!
Sony does a great job in disappointing its cell phone consumers

Sent from my MT27i using xda app

Source is inside Sony. I can't give you any exact information because by publicizing it I risk my source. Even if I gave you the name, would that change anything?

zodiac100

Aug 19, 2010
I bought a nexus 7 today to replace my Xperia S, based upon your advice here, but I am having trouble trying to get the phone functionality working. Can you tell me how to make calls and send texts. Thanks.

The nexus 7 is a tablet. You can't make calls and send texts messages from it. It has no 3g capability.
I hope I didn't confuse you but I don't think I said to buy it to replace the Xperia s. I meant to buy it to be up to date with android.
Sorry.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

soulhackereborn

Jul 8, 2012
Source is inside Sony. I can't give you any exact information because by publicizing it I risk my source. Even if I gave you the name, would that change anything?

No nunin wld change its jus that I don't want people to keep der hopes up for JB when ICS still hasn't even reached em..
Ive got Sola and the way things are goin I expect ICS for it by September end or even year end lol
So JB for now is bit out of the picture
If it comes early than '13 then ol consider it as xmas / year end gift!!! Lmmao!! :D

Sent from my MT27i using xda premium

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
The nexus 7 is a tablet. You can't make calls and send texts messages from it. It has no 3g capability.
I hope I didn't confuse you but I don't think I said to buy it to replace the Xperia s. I meant to buy it to be up to date with android.
Sorry.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

I think he was sarcastic, but...

Sent from my LT26i with Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just updated my Xperia P and made an ftf. It's my first post so I can't post outside links. I uploaded "Xperia P LT22_6.2.A.0.400_1261-3236.ftf" on mega an this is the final part of the URL -
    Code:
     #!usQWCBhT!JbwbhnpvcqusERPUEyRStDZlDMB1KvFplqhf0Cy3Tak
    Thread closed. There is a chance that it will be opened again when Jellybean arrives to your phones. No other discussion threads are permitted.
    Thanks for attention.
    Q- Will my phone get jelly bean update?
    A- xperia p and Xperia go users will get official jb

Q- when is the update scheduled?
    A- this week (end of march)

Q - Will I get new media apps?
    A- most probably yes

Q- will bluetooth b really updated to 3.0 ?
    A- yes via a firmware update it will b updated to 3.0

Q- will developers port jellybean to xperia u and sola?
    A- yes we have very good developers

Q - I have sola / xu wid locked bootloader, will I be able to run ported jelly bean?
    A- most probably no until a workaround is developed for kernel.

Q - will I get 3.4 kernel?
    A- yes (most probably)

Q- I am a samsung fanboy, should I post here in this thread ?
    A- yes please and get reported for spamming.

Any more questions??? Can we plz add this to op to avoid unnecessary questions which have already been answered 100 times??
    JB will come sooner than you expect.
    Anymore spam and this thread and all like it get locked.
    Go whine to Sony, don't do it on XDA.