Jelly Bean for Xperia P, U, Sola & Go Discussion

Search This thread

Aniruddha10

Oct 10, 2013
i am new to the rooting world.and i have just installed a custom JB rom on my sony xperia U.now i want to change my rom.but i am confused weather to again flash the boot.img file or not.my recovery is clockworkmod.plz help

It depends on the ROM. Usually on the Rom thread there will be the insturctions whether to flash boot.img or just flash directly.
Normally you flash the boot.img with flashtool and then do a full wipe and flash rom through cwm.

Reactions: impiyush

SapoPT

May 29, 2013
My Xperia Go had a malfunction on the SIM card reader, sometimes it stopped reading it, sent it back because it was in warranty. Today I got a call from Sony saying that if i wanted it repaired i needed to pay 75€ because it was a physical problem and not a software problem, so warranty doesn't cover it..

What can I do? I'm so upset, the phone is bad already the way it is, so slow sometime i can't even answer a call, but now.. So tired of sony, customer support is terrible...

rlvl

Apr 15, 2012
techtikka.com
Finally moved to Kitkat

At one point of time , getting JellyBean on the Sola was "THE" dream. But today I moved straight from ICS to Kitkat :victory:
I am booting SlimKat 4.4.4 and boy things are smooth now!

MT27i

Feb 9, 2014
Brebes, Indonesia
At one point of time , getting JellyBean on the Sola was "THE" dream. But today I moved straight from ICS to Kitkat :victory:

Yes bro same here :)
Now I can show off my KK 4.4.4 to my friends,
Before we got JB & KK, I just show off my floating touch to my friends and my friends say 'WAW, IT'S MAGIC!! HOW YOU DO IT?' LOL :p

sgmini

Jan 4, 2012
Can you tell me how this rom works with games like fifa14 and clash of clans?
I'm getting a bit tired of jb... It works good but sometimes it feels laggy and I have to reboot my Sola roughly 2 in 2 days

rlvl

Apr 15, 2012
techtikka.com
I'm getting a bit tired of jb... It works good but sometimes it feels laggy and I have to reboot my Sola roughly 2 in 2 days

Currently, it doesn't look capable of handling heavy games. There is an issue with memory management.
Google Now is meddling with the Dialer causing an enormous delay. So no google now for now...

Reactions: sgmini

hami497

Aug 5, 2014

Hey you can use cm11 by percy_g2 it works flawlessly and i can play games like gta sa and clash of clans :)

Sent from my Xperia P using XDA Free mobile app

NewVegasTroop

Apr 4, 2013
hey guys I'm new to the xperia p xda community and i came to ask for recommendations on the best roms for locked bootloader :D

I used to be on the xperia play boards with glorious unlocked bootloader freedom but sadly my phone died so got the xperia P and now i'm looking at the roms for the device but none of them convince me :crying: just tried flashing CM10 but it fail to install. I'm looking for a light rom preferably based on sony stock with just the bare minimum of apps pre-installed (walkman is a must!) I really only use my phone for music and watching anime, almost no gaming at all (except for 2048 :p) and will really like the best rom for battery life! :highfive:

Meloferz

hey guys I'm new to the xperia p xda community and i came to ask for recommendations on the best roms for locked bootloader :D

I used to be on the xperia play boards with glorious unlocked bootloader freedom but sadly my phone died so got the xperia P and now i'm looking at the roms for the device but none of them convince me :crying: just tried flashing CM10 but it fail to install. I'm looking for a light rom preferably based on sony stock with just the bare minimum of apps pre-installed (walkman is a must!) I really only use my phone for music and watching anime, almost no gaming at all (except for 2048 :p) and will really like the best rom for battery life! :highfive:
I suggest you to unlock your bootloader, and install Nemesis Kernel, no need to install another ROM, that kernel increase a lot stock ROM

Enviado desde mi Z1 Compact

Aurumnus

Nov 18, 2014
Is there any way that i can uninstall apps that i don't want in my Xperia P like Facebook, Twitter, Chrome, Youtube etc?
I'm using stock 6.2.A.1.100.

fozinahwi

Apr 7, 2013
Damascus
Hello all!
I'm using XU stock Jb can anyone tell me plz the right governor and I/o to make the device slightly faster? Some say interactive and sioplus but the phone gets laggier what to do? [emoji53]

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just updated my Xperia P and made an ftf. It's my first post so I can't post outside links. I uploaded "Xperia P LT22_6.2.A.0.400_1261-3236.ftf" on mega an this is the final part of the URL -
    Code:
     #!usQWCBhT!JbwbhnpvcqusERPUEyRStDZlDMB1KvFplqhf0Cy3Tak
    Thread closed. There is a chance that it will be opened again when Jellybean arrives to your phones. No other discussion threads are permitted.
    Thanks for attention.
    Q- Will my phone get jelly bean update?
    A- xperia p and Xperia go users will get official jb

Q- when is the update scheduled?
    A- this week (end of march)

Q - Will I get new media apps?
    A- most probably yes

Q- will bluetooth b really updated to 3.0 ?
    A- yes via a firmware update it will b updated to 3.0

Q- will developers port jellybean to xperia u and sola?
    A- yes we have very good developers

Q - I have sola / xu wid locked bootloader, will I be able to run ported jelly bean?
    A- most probably no until a workaround is developed for kernel.

Q - will I get 3.4 kernel?
    A- yes (most probably)

Q- I am a samsung fanboy, should I post here in this thread ?
    A- yes please and get reported for spamming.

Any more questions??? Can we plz add this to op to avoid unnecessary questions which have already been answered 100 times??
    JB will come sooner than you expect.
    Anymore spam and this thread and all like it get locked.
    Go whine to Sony, don't do it on XDA.