• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Jelly Bean - My first "bad" - No group SMS!!!

Search This thread
Jun 29, 2007
Ok, after some research, it appears that Verizon is the reason Group SMS is disabled in Jelly Bean, but I could be wrong. At any rate, can anyone recommend a good tool to send Group SMS text messages that will NOT take over my stock messaging tool? I really like the stock text tool.

I tried Go SMS Pro, and it took over everything, and I hated the interface. bleh. Used it to send my group, and then uninstalled.

So, looking for a tool that will see my Google Groups, and allow me to send group SMS to those groups.

Oh, and has to be separate messages, no group chat tools. I have to send out the mass text, and receive individual replies that don't go to anyone else. It's the best way to deal with the team I'm working with.

Your help is appreciated!

--Glenn.

ctl904

Jun 20, 2012
Ok, after some research, it appears that Verizon is the reason Group SMS is disabled in Jelly Bean, but I could be wrong. At any rate, can anyone recommend a good tool to send Group SMS text messages that will NOT take over my stock messaging tool? I really like the stock text tool.

I tried Go SMS Pro, and it took over everything, and I hated the interface. bleh. Used it to send my group, and then uninstalled.

So, looking for a tool that will see my Google Groups, and allow me to send group SMS to those groups.

Oh, and has to be separate messages, no group chat tools. I have to send out the mass text, and receive individual replies that don't go to anyone else. It's the best way to deal with the team I'm working with.

Your help is appreciated!

--Glenn.

I have this exact problem. Have you managed to find a solution else where yet?