Jelly Bean on LTE wager thread

Search This thread

Riff76

Feb 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Please choose on or before November 30th or after for your wager!
I love Justin Beaver or however you want to spell it is the punishment for being wrong, must have that in your signature for one month!

After Team:
fpineda101
jpsuperman
ava0425
Rippley05
caspertodd
cobraboy85
OMJ
NewZJ
stang04
LeoIsRight
knock.back
tyler.durden
firmbiz94
crankybot
m6ar2cel6o
firmbiz94

Before Team:
fifasarajevo
-Cupper-
pogibry
mike.r.olson
angreelish
db13
timtlm
harfainx
bballr71418
PaulHBK
Rydah805
JPXZero
RXpert
ttown
noneed2aim
CrazyTechnoBoy
edgeofSunshine
ckoadyin
Steven 1
SoraX64
CesarCerros31
StormMcloud
Rocklee99
kpkimmel
thingnblah

********************************************************************************************************************
We had a bet in the 3D forum for when the 3D would get ICS. It was a lot of fun and we had some good sports who lost. Anyone want to continue the trend here?

Will we get JB on the LTE before the end of the year?

I say yes, who is with me? Who is for after the new year?

What is the wager? I'm a ***** in the sig for a month? Give me some feedback people

Sent via XDA Premium

Last edited:

fifasarajevo

Feb 6, 2011
We had a bet in the 3D forum for when the 3D would get ICS. It was a lot of fun and we had some good sports who lost. Anyone want to continue the trend here?

What is the wager? I'm a ***** in the sig for a month? Give me some feedback people

Sent via XDA Premium

ill go mid september ....and yeah the im a ***** sig works :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
Considering the 3D still doesn't have ics.. I'll say we won't get jb by year end.. HTC has seriously failed on updates lately lol

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

cobraboy85

Aug 25, 2011
ill go mid september ....and yeah the im a ***** sig works :D

of next year? yeah, i would agree.

lolllllllll

one of these threads again.... let's see, 3D still has not had an "official" sprint release....

LTE..... will not see an OS overhaul for a long time. There will be tons of little bug fixes, radio updates here and there, blah blah... little stuffz. then maybe early next year you will see something big. After sprint is done trying to sell the phone..

Cuppeerr

Mar 15, 2010
Grapevine, Texas
The reason the 3d hasn't gotten it yet was because sprint wants us to buy the latest and greatest. Considering the evo 4g lte is the latest and greatest just like the og evo was. Froyo was announced at google i/o 2010 and we got the froyo update in July 2010. Jellybean is/was announced at i/o 2012. I wouldn't be surprised it we got the update in July/august.

pogibry

Jan 6, 2012
West Valley City
The reason the 3d hasn't gotten it yet was because sprint wants us to buy the latest and greatest. Considering the evo 4g lte is the latest and greatest just like the og evo was. Froyo was announced at google i/o 2010 and we got the froyo update in July 2010. Jellybean is/was announced at i/o 2012. I wouldn't be surprised it we got the update in July/august.

I can't help but to agree with him on this. I'm putting down before October. On the flip side, I bet we won't get anymore until at least a year later.

Reactions: Cuppeerr

cobraboy85

Aug 25, 2011

logical argument, for sure.

so i guess the variable could be if another device is released before that update comes? or even if they are planning on releasing another device, and if said device influences price of LTE evo....

that will probably determine a jelly bean update.

EDIT*** you need to remember one key thing when analyzing this kind of ****, especially with sprint..... whichever option will make them the most $$$$ that is the action you will see with updates. period.

Reactions: Cuppeerr

Cuppeerr

Mar 15, 2010
Grapevine, Texas
logical argument, for sure.

so i guess the variable could be if another device is released before that update comes? or even if they are planning on releasing another device, and if said device influences price of LTE evo....

that will probably determine a jelly bean update.

EDIT*** you need to remember one key thing when analyzing this kind of ****, especially with sprint..... whichever option will make them the most $$$$ that is the action you will see with updates. period.

Thank y'all for seeing what I see! With ics anounced in octoberish sprint had to think that hey we can delay the update and release a better phone and make more cash. Since jellybean is being announced now it makes perfect sense for them to release an update fast:)

Doomstang

Aug 3, 2010
St. Louis, Missouri
I was going to make a guess, but then realized how many highly unpredictable variables are in play. Sprint and HTC can bring this out sooner or way later, it all depends on how they manage the projects.

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk

firmbiz94

Nov 29, 2010
Raleigh
Thank y'all for seeing what I see! With ics anounced in octoberish sprint had to think that hey we can delay the update and release a better phone and make more cash. Since jellybean is being announced now it makes perfect sense for them to release an update fast:)

I'm guessing by your Sig .you lost this bet once b4

Riff76

Feb 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
of next year? yeah, i would agree.

lolllllllll

one of these threads again.... let's see, 3D still has not had an "official" sprint release....

LTE..... will not see an OS overhaul for a long time. There will be tons of little bug fixes, radio updates here and there, blah blah... little stuffz. then maybe early next year you will see something big. After sprint is done trying to sell the phone..

I'm waiting for Sarge to come in here and make his guess LOL

Reactions: Mat5t

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please choose on or before November 30th or after for your wager!
    I love Justin Beaver or however you want to spell it is the punishment for being wrong, must have that in your signature for one month!

After Team:
    fpineda101
    jpsuperman
    ava0425
    Rippley05
    caspertodd
    cobraboy85
    OMJ
    NewZJ
    stang04
    LeoIsRight
    knock.back
    tyler.durden
    firmbiz94
    crankybot
    m6ar2cel6o
    firmbiz94

Before Team:
    fifasarajevo
    -Cupper-
    pogibry
    mike.r.olson
    angreelish
    db13
    timtlm
    harfainx
    bballr71418
    PaulHBK
    Rydah805
    JPXZero
    RXpert
    ttown
    noneed2aim
    CrazyTechnoBoy
    edgeofSunshine
    ckoadyin
    Steven 1
    SoraX64
    CesarCerros31
    StormMcloud
    Rocklee99
    kpkimmel
    thingnblah

********************************************************************************************************************

Sent via XDA Premium
    How about this one?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18734200/sgtbieber.jpg
    sgtbieber.jpg
    Not to mention Sammy updating GS3 again. They're due for 4.1.2 which brings that multi Window thing & other features. I'm gonna be pissed if Sprint gives GS3 2 updates & HTC gives us nothing... Not even a bug riddled leak. Life as a tech savy android user can be hard sometimes :(

***Your Tears Are Sweet Ladies & Social Rejects***

Excuse me? You're tech saavy? Ahem about that S-Off thing...

@ Flex360, that's fine... You stick with your cheap subsidiary EVO. The big boys can afford to buy phones full price... :D

***Your Tears Are Sweet Ladies & Social Rejects***

Big Boys can also S-OFF their phones without their hand being held through the process.
    You're working with AOSP now?! So awesome to see devs ditching sense and working with the good stuff. :thumbup:

Yessir. I still love sense, but really felt the need to understand the ecosystem of android. Is nothing to mod smali via baksmali, but its a whole new ball game working or way thru up to 50 gigs of source code to see how, when, where, things are compiled. To modify the kernel to compile modules, or work on java to implement mod settings. Its addictive, hard, fun, and at the end, its urs...lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone