Jelly Bean Optimus One Discussion

Search This thread

funkysonic

Nov 9, 2011
racconigi
Hello everyone, I have installed jb 4.1.2 unofficial cyanogenmod but I cannot use link2sd or mount2sd. The first one says that it cannot crate the script, and the second one cannot configuare script init.d and busy box. I cannot understand why because with revolution jelly bean I was able to do that.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

ibub

Oct 22, 2012
Louisville,Ky
You probably don't have enough system space for link2sd to write it's scripts to. You could either trim the size of the rom, or install the newer rom from the link I provided a few posts back. ;)

sent from the p509 that I thought I killed again... no trouble at all :cool:

funkysonic

Nov 9, 2011
racconigi
You probably don't have enough system space for link2sd to write it's scripts to. You could either trim the size of the rom, or install the newer rom from the link I provided a few posts back. ;)

sent from the p509 that I thought I killed again... no trouble at all :cool:

Thanks! Why isn't there a thread for this ROM? I mean from where come out this ROM?

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

paulherman

Aug 31, 2013
Baia Mare
Reboots

I've installed the ROM today (upgrading from CM7.2) and I have tons of random reboots (mostly in settings or Android default apps). Is there any fix for these? I tried it first with no patches then installed the OldBB patch (as my P500 is old baseband and the network was not recognized).

phone-guy

Jan 21, 2012
Davenport
[Rom][4.1.2][CM10][Unofficial]LG Optimistic One Family Cm10[Jan. 8, 2013: Build 7/Final

I installed this rom on the LG Phoenix p505. I did a full wipe including cache and dalvik cache.
The internet browser doesn't work. I don't get text or app downloading/installing notifications. Does anyone know what I should do to fix this? Any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my LG-P505 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Left4DeadMW

Oct 31, 2011
Skopje
Folks,

I have no idea why we have two discussion threads for this ROM (compare with "[ARMv6] Jenkins Build RC3"), but let me cross post an important topic for noobs like me

If anyone is still unable to run any sd-ext script on cm10.1 O1 roms, consider flashing Amon Ra instead of CWM recovery. I had several issues with all sd-ext scripts because the sd-ext partition would not mount as RW. After @mcd_legend and @Left4DeadMW advices on using Amon Ra to partition the SD card, I finally got back some extra space for my apps...:cool::highfive:

Hah, I'll explain it to you then.

As I wondered around the P500 forums looking for a way to improve my phone's capabilities , I often noticed users post about some "jenkins builds" ROM but there wasn't really any thread it, so the only way to get information about it was trough users reviews.
You say "why are there 2 discussion treads for it"? How can a thread about 4.1.2 be a discussion thread for 4.2.2? Now you find mixed up post about both ROMs independently, great.

[ROM][4.1.2][CM10][UNOFFICIAL]LG Optimus One Family CM10[Jan. 8, 2013: Build 7/Final]

Users were posting issues about different ROM 4.2.2 in 4.1.2 discussion thread, so now you find mixed up post about both ROMs independently,
I felt the need for 1_thread where we all could share our problems/ fixes, a thread where you can find ALL about that ROM. How could new users find about a ROM that hasn't got a thread for it, a changelog was nowhere to be found, and I still wonder where i found the download site. I don't regret making that thread, I believe it helped many users. :) :highfive:
(i may edit this post since i'm in a hurry)

gugler

Jan 15, 2011
Bandung
Wireless Tether

Are wireless tethering working on this rom?
Mine stopped at message turning wifi on.

USB tethering worked fine. Using Jan 8th build.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK This thread is for THIS ROM. Please don't come here posting questions for other ROMs ;)

OK This is for general discussion of the ROM. General discussion about the ROM, Google Apps, etc...
    please keep the other thread for DEVELOPMENT ONLY!!!!

Thanks! Now chat away!
    Current bugs in Jelly Bean for LG P500

Official 4.3 changelog here and here

Bugs in CM10.2 (4.3)
    – Wi-Fi speed 4x times slower, but sometimes boosts
    – Wi-Fi wakelock → battery drain (at least disable Settings > Wi-Fi > menu > Advanced > Scanning always available to avoid all-time wakelock)
    – Wi-Fi sleep policy
    – Can't connect to ad-hoc network
    – Long "connecting" to internet after boot when on Wi-Fi > need to toggle it
    – Low brightness in Camera and other apps, max exposure +3
    – Live wallpapers disabled: LiveWallpapersPicker.apk located in ZIP/extras needs to move manually in /system/app. Works only from Play Store, not stock.
    – Sometimes numpad for SIM or lockscreen PIN-code very small
    – Huge lags and FC's when SIM-card not installed. Solution: enable airplane mode
    Mounts2SD wont work in easy way. Link2SD fine
    – Problems with Halo feature (where available)
    – Some apps can't show network speed
    – Disappeared option for enable navigation panel (caused CM changes). How to enable
    – Navigation bar (buttons) very thin
    – Video recording now can be paused but if resume Camera app crashes.
    – SMS popup windows now very small – CM bug
    Fixed / working (4.3):
    fixed indication of transmitting / receiving data on Wi-Fi and cell network (small arrows)
    fixed Bluetooth: A2DP, sending/receiving files
    fixed internal Wi-Fi hotspot, can be launched once till reboot
    fixed FM radio support
    fixed loudspeaker
    fixed no APN's problem
    fixed lockscreen player controls
    fixed switching tracks by volume buttons
    fixed adjustment exposure when recording video
    fixed flickering in camera when overclocking enabled
    fixed no access to SMS on SIM-card (stock and 3rd party apps)
    fixed on-line Voice Search, FC some games, ringtone editors and WhatsApp notification sound
    – Offline charging
    – USB tethering
    – Hardware video and 3D acceleration
    – YouTube HQ video playback
    – Project Butter (3x buffering, real vsync → smooth)
    – Overclocking up to 864 MHz
    – Photo (but dark without changing exposure)
    – Video recording (only 320x240, on stock was 640x480)
    – Live panorama (slowly)
    – Data usage and limit
    – GPS
    --------------------------------

Official 4.2.2 changelog here.

Bugs in CM10.1 (4.2.2)
    – Wi-Fi wakelock → battery drain
    – Wi-Fi sleep policy
    – Can't connect to ad-hoc network
    – Low brightness in Camera and other apps
    – Routing music to Bluetooth via A2DP
    – Bug with navbar when screen rotates. Need change DPI
    – Live wallpapers disabled: LiveWallpapersPicker.apk located in ZIP/extras needs to move manually in /system/app. Works only from Play Store, not stock.
    – Flickering in camera when overclocking enabled
    – Sometimes numpad for SIM or lockscreen PIN-code very small
    – Huge lags and FC's when SIM-card not installed. Solution: enable airplane mode
    – Internal Wi-Fi hotspot can be toggled only once at one session. Then needs reboot
    Fixed / working (4.2.2):
    – Calls
    – Data
    – Loudspeaker in call
    – Offline charging
    – Bluetooth (may not connect to some devices)
    – FM Radio (also added simple stock app)
    – USB tethering
    – Bluetooth tethering (?)
    – Stock pie controls
    – Hardware video and 3D acceleration
    – YouTube HQ video playback
    – Project Butter (3x buffering, real vsync → smooth)
    – Overclocking up to 864 MHz
    – Photo (but dark without changing exposure)
    – Video recording (only 320x240, on stock was 640x480)
    – Live panorama (slowly)
    – Data usage and limit
    – GPS
    – Google Now (how to install, but with limited support)
    – Voice shutter in camera (needs installed Voice Search app)
    – Fixed graphics lag in some apps when any keyboard appears / gone
    --------------------------------

Common bugs due old processor architecture (4.2.2 / 4.3):
    – Offline voice recognition
    – Swipe in stock keyboard
    – HDR photo merging
    – "Slow" video recording (timelapse)
    – Capturing 360° panoramas: for this needed gyroscope too
    – Some photo editing effects in Gallery
    Maybe missed something.
    Hello all

I am a good friend of Rashed97's, who recently commissioned me to make a desktop app to visually help users change commenly changed things in their ROM's/.apks. In the end, I created an extendable tab-based patcher program written in Java with currently two functions, removing unwanted dictionaries in the LatinIME.apk, and removing unwanted wallpapers in the Trebuchet.apk. YOu can select an individual .apk in each tab, or select a whole ROM .zip. It is fully extendable via the Tab abstract class, so people can make their own functions and put them right in the jar.

You can view development/download here (I dont have 10 posts yet so I broke up the link: github .com/lgics /APK_Patcher

Screens:

imgur .com /asZjR,leVyq

I hope you guys like this, and I hope this is the right place to post.

REDX36

P.S. Rashed can provide any detail you want.
    Hey there guys

I know this is off-topic but I just wanted to say that I am moving up to a Galaxy S II so I won't come to P500 forums anymore. Anyway I didn't want to leave without thank every single one of you in this amazing P500 community, both users and contributors, specially Rashed, Arjen, hephappy, lupohirp, (and the missing A from HALA team, I believe is adfad666), bytecode, ibub, mixednuts, and any other that I might be forgetting for the moment. You really rock guys and I hope you can continue contributing to this great community.

Take care! :D
    To all the people intrested in the patcher I posted earlier, I am working on an update to include delete unwanted fonts from a ROM and download extra .apk's that didnt make it in to the ROM - stay tuned! Coming up maybe is app-management, to download extra .apk's AND remove ones in an existing ROM!