Jelly by Unihertz - the smallest 4g Phone Ever

Search This thread

Schwamml

Nov 17, 2018
Nexus 7
Google Nexus 5
Long shot but try the site called needrom

Hi, thanks for the site, but is saved alle the official roms i flashed on my pc from Android 7 to 8.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

If you bricked your device and you can't boot even to flashboot there is a solution from Unihertz:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qVlaYucvE44ZJqF1RCHGknEBQWy_Z65m/view
If you see DA error, you need another rom like me (need Jelly Pro N, it's for MT6737T).
rom list: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By1nhWOmuw2KdDhTUlFOZHpXQjg
flash app: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By1nhWOmuw2KQ2lyNFIybnJIcEE
Both also in manual.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I know this locations, the tools and the instruction. I even have the tool in 2 diferent versions (v1.5.1 and v2). The problem is when i'm scanning for setting the ports my jelly wouldn't be recognized anymore. So on the tool in v1.5.1, because i startet the scan after bricking the jelly.

On the SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject in v2 i didn't the scan so the port should be ok. But i can use any of my official roms and starting the port for Firmware upgrade ... nothing happens. The only thing i can hear is the connection of a usb device in windows. So it will be recognized at least as device. But the operation on the tool won't start!?

Mr. Death

Sep 12, 2007
Brno
Down in the manual are instructions if it can't discover device. It helped me, I used app from the manual (my second link). Also you have to install USB drivers before trying to flash it.
Hope you'll be able to repair it, it took me about two or three hours to find everything and reflash it.

Schwamml

Nov 17, 2018
Nexus 7
Google Nexus 5
Down in the manual are instructions if it can't discover device. It helped me, I used app from the manual (my second link). Also you have to install USB drivers before trying to flash it.
Hope you'll be able to repair it, it took me about two or three hours to find everything and reflash it.

:D:D:D:D Ok man i love you!!! I used your version of the flashing tool. It's just a bit different then my two i already used. Port scan worked immediatly!? I did the thing whith the setting, when device not recognized even if it was recognized and flashed the rom from 20171103. Now its booting up!!! :victory::victory::victory::victory:

Thank you again!! So never give up

member7

Sep 11, 2008
hi , is it possible to root the last version rom (oreo 8.1 20180808_1226) for jelly pro?

i can have twrp but no magisk or supersu, i get stuck on bootloop.

Last edited:

Mr. Death

Sep 12, 2007
Brno
You can root via adb sideload using magisk or supersu zip. It works only with TWRP, original recovery says it's unsigned zip. Anyway TWRP isn't able to backup rom because of encrypted data partition. I wasn't able to decrypt it to get TWRP fully working.

kostas-k

Jun 21, 2007
You can root via adb sideload using magisk or supersu zip. It works only with TWRP, original recovery says it's unsigned zip. Anyway TWRP isn't able to backup rom because of encrypted data partition. I wasn't able to decrypt it to get TWRP fully working.
Format data partition from twrp and everything will work, encryption will disappear [emoji6]

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G960F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Mr. Death

Sep 12, 2007
Brno
I wasn't able to format data partition. It probably works in android 7, but with latest rom it's blocked. Anyway I don't need TWRP, I need root because of Titanium Backup (restore apps data, remove bloatware) and that's it.

grimez

Apr 28, 2010
I have been looking to wire up a Jelly Pro inside a vehicle, but need to know if it can run without a battery. Does anyone know or can someone test if the phone operates without the battery in (but the power connected obviously)? It would be most appreciated!

pabloluih

Feb 14, 2016
Which version of firmware and version of twrp are you using at the moment? I am having problems when I install twrp after full wipe. It says 'no command' while booting in twrp recently installed… It boots normally to android (the last version for Jelly Pro [no N]). I don't know what can be causing this. I have used official twrp and the one that is posted here in first page.

Thanks in advance.

imageFILE

Apr 30, 2009
I'm stuck in an infinite "Orange State" boot loop, any way to get out of this? last command ran was "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-2-jellypro.img" which gave me a "writing 'recovery'... OKAY"

marnold425

Feb 1, 2013
Okay both of those links are pointless. the first one is a 404 and the second is a link back to this post. How can i get the fastboot drivers installed for the device? i can get adb to work but fastboot is just waiting for devices and ive installed all the drivers i could find even disabled driver verification in windows and android is still a yellow triangle

zandro85

May 3, 2019
I'm stuck in an infinite "Orange State" boot loop, any way to get out of this? last command ran was "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-2-jellypro.img" which gave me a "writing 'recovery'... OKAY"

The problem is fastboot. You don't want to use 'fastboot' on this phone as it will cause bootloops. You need to use SP Flash tool (best choice) and have the correct scatter file. Orange state will only show up if you did an OEM unlock. I don't believe you even need to do the OEM unlock to root or install TWRP on this phone although some say you will but I've done it without unlocking and you can also relock it after rooting and TWRP. Make sure you have the right ROM for your phone. You need to know whether it is the M or T version.

Reactions: nussbaum

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jelly Pro Stock Boot, Stock Recovery & TWRP

I take ZERO credit for any of this. I just received my Jelly Pro and am reposting information I found useful to get TWRP & root. I take no responsibility if you bork your device.

Enable Developer Options (Settings,About phone,click Build number until you see 'You are now a developer')

Go back to Settings, scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a new ‘Developer Options’ entry right above ‘About phone’

Enable OEM unlocking
    Enable USB debugging
    I also disable animations, just a preference, but not necessary

Make sure your usb drivers and adb/fastboot is set up on your computer

From terminal:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem unlock

fastboot flash recovery twrp_jelly_pro.img
    fastboot reboot

(hold volume-up and power to go into recovery)
    ****if something went wrong and you get a "command not found" message, click volume-up & power a few times to go into stock recovery, then do a factory reset and try again)

****when going into twrp, DO NOT allow modifications

In TWRP, go to ADB Sideload and swipe to start
    From term: adb sideload supersu-XXX.zip
    Back in TWRP, go ahead and reboot

should have TWRP recovery and root

hopefully we'll start seeing some ROM's for this little guy....

1. Stock boot: https://mega.nz/#!UbZASJTI!weBJa4uu9DGoJglpqHQMf3WE6hHplgqPJ7O5UBjDJAQ
    2. Stock Recovery: https://mega.nz/#!9SoTVDbY!dZI7XYYSqwPaq2542lQFh5NNXbrA0KTqDCzy-46Dsd0
    3. Twrp recovery: https://mega.nz/#!0WICAZwD!cUSG82h1SnuI_cDHWg9ir2w5xb0T-fAl9MrWeClnRBs
    4. Latest Supersu flashable zip: http://www.supersu.com/download

(original post: http://www.unihertz.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=67&page=3)
    (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jellyphone/jelly-the-smallest-4g-smartphone)
    (https://www.xda-developers.com/jelly-is-a-2-45-smartphone-that-runs-android-nougat/)
    Here you can find the shared files from Unihertz in order to flash to stock using MTK SP Tool and then update to latest version
    UniHertz JellyPro

<_Root_and_Custom_Recovery_> :good:​

1. Initial setup phone (Input wifi if no mobile data. Google not required for now)
    2. Settings>System>About Phone>Wireless Updates>Install Update (Important to do this before modifying boot/recovery image)
    3. Developer Options > Unlock OEM
    4. Developer Options> USB Debugging Enabled
    5. Connect phone to PC with USB cable
    6. Use a CMD prompt to run ADB command as follows:
    7. Code:
      ADB Reboot Bootloader

Once in bootloader, type:
    8. Code:
      Fastboot OEM Unlock
    9. Press Volume Up to confirm

Then:
      Code:
      Fastboot flash recovery [URL="https://dl.twrp.me/jellypro/twrp-3.3.1-0-jellypro.img"]TWRPrecovery.img[/URL]
    10. After it flashes, hold Volume Up and Power, and type:

Code:
      Fastboot reboot
    11. Hold Volume up and power until it boots to TWRP recovery
      NOTE: Phone will try to restore recovery image on boot. You must hold the buttons after flashing to directly enter TWRP. If you fail to do so, you may have to go back to step 5.
      Pick Read Only!
      DO NOT MODIFY SYSTEM PARTITION or YOU WILL BOOTLOOP
    12. Flash Magisk ZIP to acquire root
    13. Back to TWRP main menu
      <<<ABOUT TO WIPE ALL USER DATA>>>
    14. Wipe>Format Data (This will disable encryption on the data partition)

<_HOW_TO_FIX_BRICK_> :good:​

:(If you brick (no fastboot), use this tool

And this rom

With these drivers

On a Windows 8 or lower machine (because of unsigned drivers)

You will need to follow these instructions to reflash the phone.

Note: When reflashing with SP MDT, you should turn the phone off before plugging it into the PC. This is the only way to flash it over vcom port***

Downloads
    TWRP for JellyPro | Mirror
    Magisk ZIP for JellyPro | Mirror
    SP_MDT Flasher | Mirror
    Flash Guide | Mirror
    MTK vcom Drivers | Mirror
    Stock Oreo Rom | Mirror
    Stock Boot and Recovery | Mirror
    [ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL]ResurrectionRemix-5.8.5 For Unihertz Jelly-Pro By SamarV-121

rr.jpg

About Resurrection Remix ROM

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on CM,slim.omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device
    Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Working Features
    • Boots
    • WiFi, Hotspot
    • Audio, Audio Recording
    • Bluetooth
    • All Sensors
    • Graphics
    • LED Notifications
    • Media Playback (HW,SW Enc-Dec)
    • Power off charging

Bugs:

• Camera ( Flash,Capture,Video Recording,HDR )
    • RIL ( Calla,Data,SMS,Dual sim )
    • VoLTE

Downloads:

Instructions :
    • Format + Download stock firmware by using sp flash tool
    • After that flash twrp using sp flash tool
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Sources:
    [ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL][BETA] LineageOS 14.1 for Unihertz Jelly-Pro (MT6737T)

http-%25252F%25252Fi.imgur.com%25252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android Nougat which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.!

Working Features
    • Boots
    • WiFi, Hotspot
    • Audio, Audio Recording
    • Bluetooth
    • All Sensors
    • Graphics
    • LED Notifications
    • Media Playback (HW,SW Enc-Dec)
    • Power off charging

Bugs:

• Camera ( Flash,Capture,Video Recording,HDR )
    • RIL ( Calla,Data,SMS,Dual sim )
    • VoLTE

Downloads:

Sources:

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

Join Telegram group for more updates

Click here