• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Jelly by Unihertz - the smallest 4g Phone Ever

Search This thread

elk1007

Apr 19, 2013
UniHertz JellyPro

<_Root_and_Custom_Recovery_> :good:​

1. Initial setup phone (Input wifi if no mobile data. Google not required for now)
  2. Settings>System>About Phone>Wireless Updates>Install Update (Important to do this before modifying boot/recovery image)
  3. Developer Options > Unlock OEM
  4. Developer Options> USB Debugging Enabled
  5. Connect phone to PC with USB cable
  6. Use a CMD prompt to run ADB command as follows:
  7. Code:
    ADB Reboot Bootloader

Once in bootloader, type:
  8. Code:
    Fastboot OEM Unlock
  9. Press Volume Up to confirm

Then:
    Code:
    Fastboot flash recovery [URL="https://dl.twrp.me/jellypro/twrp-3.3.1-0-jellypro.img"]TWRPrecovery.img[/URL]
  10. After it flashes, hold Volume Up and Power, and type:

Code:
    Fastboot reboot
  11. Hold Volume up and power until it boots to TWRP recovery
    NOTE: Phone will try to restore recovery image on boot. You must hold the buttons after flashing to directly enter TWRP. If you fail to do so, you may have to go back to step 5.
    Pick Read Only!
    DO NOT MODIFY SYSTEM PARTITION or YOU WILL BOOTLOOP
  12. Flash Magisk ZIP to acquire root
  13. Back to TWRP main menu
    <<<ABOUT TO WIPE ALL USER DATA>>>
  14. Wipe>Format Data (This will disable encryption on the data partition)

<_HOW_TO_FIX_BRICK_> :good:​

:(If you brick (no fastboot), use this tool

And this rom

With these drivers

On a Windows 8 or lower machine (because of unsigned drivers)

You will need to follow these instructions to reflash the phone.

Note: When reflashing with SP MDT, you should turn the phone off before plugging it into the PC. This is the only way to flash it over vcom port***

Downloads
TWRP for JellyPro | Mirror
Magisk ZIP for JellyPro | Mirror
SP_MDT Flasher | Mirror
Flash Guide | Mirror
MTK vcom Drivers | Mirror
Stock Oreo Rom | Mirror
Stock Boot and Recovery | Mirror

Last edited:

drevel123

Apr 28, 2013
<_Root_and_Custom_Recovery_> :good:

Initial setup phone
Developer Options > Unlock OEM
Developer Options> USB Debugging Enabled
Connect phone to PC with USB cable
Use a CMD prompt to run ADB command as follows:

Once in Bootloader type:

Press Volume Up to confirm

Boot Back to home screen and:

Then:

After it flashes, hold Volume Up and Power, and type:

Hold Volume up and power until it boots to TWRP recovery.
Pick Read Only!
DO NOT MODIFY SYSTEM PARTITION or YOU WILL BOOTLOOP

Flash Magisk ZIP to acquire root

<_HOW_TO_FIX_BRICK_> :good:

:(If you brick (no fastboot), use this tool

And this rom

With these drivers

On a WIndows 8 or lower machine (because of unsigned drivers)

You will need to follow these instructions to reflash the phone.

*****Most of these files are just collected from this thread or other websites. I spent some time bricking my phone and restoring it, so I hope this aggregate guide saves someone time******
Which TWRP should be used?

Szumoo

Dec 15, 2018
bootloop

Hello

I've removed supersu, and thats caused bootloop.
Now, I've tried flash a new rom as you described, but did not work because of bootloop.
I mean: I can not switch off the phone, because it's started automatically again and again, I've tried press the power button some minutes, but reboot and reboot again.
When I've remove and put back the battery, the phone switched off, but when I've plug in the usb cable in the wall charger or the computer it's started and did boot loop again.
Thats why the flasher tool show DA error again and again.
I seen the device manager, and the mtk preloader device showed a second and disappeared immediatelly.
I've tried multiple times, pressed buttons and not pressed buttons, again and again but the device always dissapear and the flash always fail.
Do you have any idea?
I afraid it's not unbrickable anymore. :(

Szumoo

Dec 15, 2018
Bricked

Well, I've tried a lots of times, and once the tool could start the flash and showed an error again.
Now the phone's screen is black, do nothing when I push power button, or plug usb cable.
The windows device manager show an other mtk device, not the preloader, and the flash tool can not find the phone anymore.
It's bricked.
**** happens.

elk1007

Apr 19, 2013
Well, I've tried a lots of times, and once the tool could start the flash and showed an error again.
Now the phone's screen is black, do nothing when I push power button, or plug usb cable.
The windows device manager show an other mtk device, not the preloader, and the flash tool can not find the phone anymore.
It's bricked.
**** happens.

Unplug the USB cable.

Turn the phone completely off (black screen).

In SP MDL Program, load scatter file, check BootRom + Preload box, then click Scan.

Reset ports: Yes.

Now plug in the phone while SP MDL is scanning.
It should find your phone.

Now, click Stop All.
Uncheck all boxes except the found COM port, then click start.
If it stays stuck at START, unplug the phone and then plug it back in.

What is important here is that the phone must be OFF to be recognized and programmed by the vcom port.

You can also try going to "choose LCD and sensor" and changing the scan port between "boot" and "preload"

Last edited:

Szumoo

Dec 15, 2018
Unplug the USB cable.

Turn the phone completely off (black screen).

In SP MDL Program, load scatter file, check BootRom + Preload box, then click Scan.

Reset ports: Yes.

Now plug in the phone while SP MDL is scanning.
It should find your phone.

Now, click Stop All.
Uncheck all boxes except the found COM port, then click start.
If it stays stuck at START, unplug the phone and then plug it back in.

What is important here is that the phone must be OFF to be recognized and programmed by the vcom port.

You can also try going to "choose LCD and sensor" and changing the scan port between "boot" and "preload"

I did that.
First time: no any port found.
When I swiched to "boot port" it found one but show error.
If I tried to flash also show error.

Can not linked because of I'm a new member, just remove space between h and ttp
h ttp://kepkezelo.com/images/g671wp3agjhq1fh3h3vs.png
h ttp://kepkezelo.com/images/72lsox2d1kne49064esz.png
h ttp://kepkezelo.com/images/jfw0xcg4ztaoltpiep33.png
h ttp://kepkezelo.com/images/9yv1r4s4vbu7z8nq4yas.png

Last edited:

Szumoo

Dec 15, 2018

Yes, since I've tried to flash, and it went to fail, I can see only this MediaTek USB Port COM5 in device manager.
And I can see this device when I connected it removed battery also.
Earlier when the phone was in bootloop, the device manager sometimes showed MediaTek Preloader COM4 for a second, and it's disappeared immediatelly, when the phone try to boot again and again.

elk1007

Apr 19, 2013
Yes, since I've tried to flash, and it went to fail, I can see only this MediaTek USB Port COM5 in device manager.
And I can see this device when I connected it removed battery also.
Earlier when the phone was in bootloop, the device manager sometimes showed MediaTek Preloader COM4 for a second, and it's disappeared immediatelly, when the phone try to boot again and again.

It sounds like it's booting past the preloader, which is why it switches drivers.

I'm not sure what advice to give, other than to keep plugging and unplugging the usb cable during the process.
I had to mess with it a lot to get it into the correct mode for flashing.

IMHO, you aren't bricked; just keep trying to get the phone into a state where "MediaTek Preloader" is the driver.

bradleyw801

Jul 20, 2010
Salt Lake City
New user to the Jelly club here! This phone is DOPE! I keep having conversations like:

Them: "What is that?!"
Me: "It's my new phone."
Them: "No, seriously, is it like a bluetooth device?"
Me: "No, it's my phone."
Them: "You carry that and your real phone around?"
Me: "This IS my real phone!"

Anyway, you guys get it! But, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what benefits they have found from rooting this phone? Right now I know there aren't any custom roms. I am just curious if you guys have any insight into other good reasons to root it?

elk1007

Apr 19, 2013
New user to the Jelly club here! This phone is DOPE! I keep having conversations like:

Them: "What is that?!"
Me: "It's my new phone."
Them: "No, seriously, is it like a bluetooth device?"
Me: "No, it's my phone."
Them: "You carry that and your real phone around?"
Me: "This IS my real phone!"

Anyway, you guys get it! But, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what benefits they have found from rooting this phone? Right now I know there aren't any custom roms. I am just curious if you guys have any insight into other good reasons to root it?

Ad blocking is reason enough

Danielflame77

Sep 28, 2020
Hey my jellypro black turned off while charging won't come back on I don't have it rooted or anything. I tried to hold power up button and volume keys.. nothing either. I don't have access to a computer I'm in a remote area. I've opened the circuit board I cannot see nothing broken I'm at a loss dose anyone have a fix to this issue?

elk1007

Apr 19, 2013
Hey my jellypro black turned off while charging won't come back on I don't have it rooted or anything. I tried to hold power up button and volume keys.. nothing either. I don't have access to a computer I'm in a remote area. I've opened the circuit board I cannot see nothing broken I'm at a loss dose anyone have a fix to this issue?

If its not responsive, it sounds like the battery has died and the usb cable isn't charging the device.

You should try replacing the usb cable, charger, and battery; in that order.

PS: With no battery installed, the device will not respond to charging cable (no lights).

naughty_kamikaze

Jul 26, 2021
Hello! Sorry for my bad english. I tried firmwared a smartphone, but used wrong ROM. Now in Device Manager the smartphone looks like "MediaTek USB Port (COM4)". I don't see anymore "DA" or "Preloader". And every 10 sec sound "plug in - plug out". How can I unbrick it? I tried everything: SP flash tool 3.13, but it doesn't see scatter-file, tried hold buttons, extracting the battery - without result. Please, help me. Links in "How to Fix Brick" doesn't work. I was able to download rom *.gz, but "tool" no

also I have error 4032 SP Flash

Last edited:

droidzer1

Oct 28, 2013
It's been a long time since I looked at this message thread but I happened in here today. I have a couple PDF files that may help in getting your phone working again. It is often a matter of exact timing in a reboot or power on and attaching a cable at an exact time to get it to work. I had a dead bricked Jelly Pro I bought on eBay and was able to recover it fully this way. These two pdf's may help:

Attachments

• How to unbrick soft and hard bricked MediaTek_MTK android phone - TECNO MOBILE COMMUNITY OFFIC...pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • Recovery guide.pdf
    456.8 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: sd_shadow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jelly Pro Stock Boot, Stock Recovery & TWRP

I take ZERO credit for any of this. I just received my Jelly Pro and am reposting information I found useful to get TWRP & root. I take no responsibility if you bork your device.

Enable Developer Options (Settings,About phone,click Build number until you see 'You are now a developer')

Go back to Settings, scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a new ‘Developer Options’ entry right above ‘About phone’

Enable OEM unlocking
    Enable USB debugging
    I also disable animations, just a preference, but not necessary

Make sure your usb drivers and adb/fastboot is set up on your computer

From terminal:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem unlock

fastboot flash recovery twrp_jelly_pro.img
    fastboot reboot

(hold volume-up and power to go into recovery)
    ****if something went wrong and you get a "command not found" message, click volume-up & power a few times to go into stock recovery, then do a factory reset and try again)

****when going into twrp, DO NOT allow modifications

In TWRP, go to ADB Sideload and swipe to start
    From term: adb sideload supersu-XXX.zip
    Back in TWRP, go ahead and reboot

should have TWRP recovery and root

hopefully we'll start seeing some ROM's for this little guy....

1. Stock boot: https://mega.nz/#!UbZASJTI!weBJa4uu9DGoJglpqHQMf3WE6hHplgqPJ7O5UBjDJAQ
    2. Stock Recovery: https://mega.nz/#!9SoTVDbY!dZI7XYYSqwPaq2542lQFh5NNXbrA0KTqDCzy-46Dsd0
    3. Twrp recovery: https://mega.nz/#!0WICAZwD!cUSG82h1SnuI_cDHWg9ir2w5xb0T-fAl9MrWeClnRBs
    4. Latest Supersu flashable zip: http://www.supersu.com/download

(original post: http://www.unihertz.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=67&page=3)
    (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jellyphone/jelly-the-smallest-4g-smartphone)
    (https://www.xda-developers.com/jelly-is-a-2-45-smartphone-that-runs-android-nougat/)
    Here you can find the shared files from Unihertz in order to flash to stock using MTK SP Tool and then update to latest version
    [ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL]ResurrectionRemix-5.8.5 For Unihertz Jelly-Pro By SamarV-121

rr.jpg

About Resurrection Remix ROM

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on CM,slim.omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device
    Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Working Features
    • Boots
    • WiFi, Hotspot
    • Audio, Audio Recording
    • Bluetooth
    • All Sensors
    • Graphics
    • LED Notifications
    • Media Playback (HW,SW Enc-Dec)
    • Power off charging

Bugs:

• Camera ( Flash,Capture,Video Recording,HDR )
    • RIL ( Calla,Data,SMS,Dual sim )
    • VoLTE

Downloads:

Instructions :
    • Format + Download stock firmware by using sp flash tool
    • After that flash twrp using sp flash tool
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Sources:
    [ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL][BETA] LineageOS 14.1 for Unihertz Jelly-Pro (MT6737T)

http-%25252F%25252Fi.imgur.com%25252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android Nougat which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.!

Working Features
    • Boots
    • WiFi, Hotspot
    • Audio, Audio Recording
    • Bluetooth
    • All Sensors
    • Graphics
    • LED Notifications
    • Media Playback (HW,SW Enc-Dec)
    • Power off charging

Bugs:

• Camera ( Flash,Capture,Video Recording,HDR )
    • RIL ( Calla,Data,SMS,Dual sim )
    • VoLTE

Downloads:

Sources:

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

Join Telegram group for more updates

Click here
    TWRP Backup or System Image?

Managed to wipe System (don't ask) while messing about with TWRP.
    Anyone got a TWRP backup/sys img they want to share so I can get back up and running :good: TIA

Update 24-10-17
    TWRP System backup for Jelly Pro
    https://mega.nz/#!dFMzAS7C!SeCifTFyxywF_2fDgBCDl6yo5FJ0XQN6cK5w9PqtwDE

credit to @ecocat for making backup and sharing