• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

Jellybean Currently Shipping on New 8013s in the USA

vskakkad

Jun 23, 2012
When you do this command:
su dd if=/dev/block/stl6 of=/sdcard/factoryfs.rfs

it makes a file called factoryfs.rfs on your sdcard... but since the tablet shows sdcard as the INTERNAL sdcard, it probably lies on the internal memory... so in windows when you see the 2 drives Phone and sdcard its probably on the tablet...

You need to browse to /sdcard and see it...

can probably use "es file manager" from the play store to see it.... you will have to enable root access in the settings of the program...

It should have taken at minimum a few minutes for the su dd if=/dev/block/stl6 of=/sdcard/factoryfs.rfs command to finish.
It doesn't take more than a second. It repeats my command on the screen and then shows SuperSU - Copyright.... Chainfire and back to shell prompt.

apristel

Feb 25, 2009
Green Bay
www.arizzle.com
It doesn't take more than a second. It repeats my command on the screen and then shows SuperSU - Copyright.... Chainfire and back to shell prompt.
ok there is another method but you will need busybox installed... you can do that from the play store i think... find it and install it.. i'll find the commands for it while you do it. Install busybox, run the busybox app and let smart install do its thing... then use the smart install vs. normal install. you will see what i mean

if that doesn't work, we will do something else... We will get it.

I just tried this other method on mine and its working perfect... I saw what you mean on the other way. you are 100% right... get busybox installed and lets do this.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

do you have google talk on your pc or some form of instant messenger... even a facebook account? we can talk back and forth easier...

Last edited:
Reactions: vskakkad

vskakkad

Jun 23, 2012
ok there is another method but you will need busybox installed... you can do that from the play store i think... find it and install it.. i'll find the commands for it while you do it. Install busybox, run the busybox app and let smart install do its thing... then use the smart install vs. normal install. you will see what i mean

if that doesn't work, we will do something else... We will get it.

I just tried this other method on mine and its working perfect... I saw what you mean on the other way. you are 100% right... get busybox installed and lets do this.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

do you have google talk on your pc or some form of instant messenger... even a facebook account? we can talk back and forth easier...
PM your gmail id and I will look you up.

Reactions: aletheus

Rootuser3.0

May 18, 2011
i did... pm sent.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Just so everyone knows, the image is uploading and link will be posted right when it is done.

Big thanks to vskakkad for not giving up
good now I just came in my pants goober butter!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Im now a believer and great thanks to these guys that made it happen much appreciated this thread has 22k views you guys should have 22k thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sorry I wasn't able to help. I just don't feel comfortable doing this stuff by myself. If there is anyone in the Kansas City area that is comfortable helping me (ie: doing it for me) I would be happy to share my system dump with XDA. I joined because of my lack of knowledge about this, not because I am a developer. I want to learn but I would feel a lot more comfortable with someone right here walking me through it!

Reactions: apristel

midas69

Oct 26, 2011
Great that this finally got done. But I think I'm going to stick to the German 4.1.2 because I really love the expanded multi-view capabilities. Hopefully we'll see 4.1.2 for the U.S. eventually.

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
Great that this finally got done. But I think I'm going to stick to the German 4.1.2 because I really love the expanded multi-view capabilities. Hopefully we'll see 4.1.2 for the U.S. eventually.
what is the difference between 4.1.1 and 4.1.2?

I'm aware 4.1.1 has multi windows, but
What is the "expanded" multi-view in 4.1.2?

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone