• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

JF 1.5 ****ADP1**** build released. JFupdater has it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DOHCtor

Apr 10, 2009
Southern California
Just wanted to know if the 10 minute video recording limit is normal in this build. Once it reaches 10 minutes, it automatically restarts recording making a new video file. Thanks.

Are you making a sex tape? Why would you want to record on a really bad quality camera for more than 10 minutes. I haven't recorded beyond 2 minutes, so I don't know what the time limit is.

vihil

Nov 28, 2008
THANKS!!! So, I just install that how I did for every other update? (renaming it to update.zip, yadda yadda?)
i don't think that will work (feel free to correct me though). it's just the installfile zipped.
what will work for sure is:
- download
- unpack with winzip or something else (extracts com.amazon.mp3.apk)
- attach g1 with usb cable and run: adb install com.amazon.mp3.apk

maxawesome

Apr 25, 2008
Seattle
Are there plans for a non-ADP JF1.5 release?

I'm using JF1.43 RC33 right now, and the JFUpdater app doesn't see an update available for me, I'm guessing because I'm not on the ADP side of the fence.

I'm a little unclear actually as to the difference between the ADP images and the RC33 images, other than that the ADP images don't have things like MyFaves (which I don't use anyways) since they are build on the unlocked Android 1.x platform, right?

I assume JF's ADP 1.5 maintains root access, and it looks like i can manually install things like Amazon mp3 (if I ever wanted to), and that paid and protected apps are working from the market.

Are there any reasons to stick with JF1.43 RC33 versus upgrading to JF ADP 1.5?

jpannnn

Apr 28, 2009
is anyone getting stuck at the android screen for a very long time? i've been stuck here for at least 10 minutes. Im updating via JFupdater from an earlier JF build.

Last edited:

the.snks

Jan 26, 2009
Are there plans for a non-ADP JF1.5 release?

I'm using JF1.43 RC33 right now, and the JFUpdater app doesn't see an update available for me, I'm guessing because I'm not on the ADP side of the fence.

I'm a little unclear actually as to the difference between the ADP images and the RC33 images, other than that the ADP images don't have things like MyFaves (which I don't use anyways) since they are build on the unlocked Android 1.x platform, right?

I assume JF's ADP 1.5 maintains root access, and it looks like i can manually install things like Amazon mp3 (if I ever wanted to), and that paid and protected apps are working from the market.

Are there any reasons to stick with JF1.43 RC33 versus upgrading to JF ADP 1.5?

I'm kinda wondering the same thing. AFAIK, the ADP releases don't have any IM clients (outside of Google of course), and Myfaves. My thing is I don't want to upgrade to JF's 1.5 ADP just for there to be a T-Mo ADP release in the next few days, weeks or whatever.

...or even if that happens, will there be a real difference between the two?

Or should I just hold out for the RCxx cupcake release? I've been seeing folks on here having issues with the 1.5 update. Issues that a wipe doesn't always solve.

Hmmm.....

Rangerbob86

Feb 16, 2009
ok quick question. I just installed this on my phone and it seems to be working great...I upgraded from RC33 1.42 and I had all my apps on my sd card and working perfectly. I'm confused as to what I need to do now...none of my apps are installed obviously because I did a wipe but they all appear in the my downloads section in the market. also the phones internal memory went from 69 to 50 so I'm not quite sure what that means...how can I get my apps back to how they were? does anything from this guide help?

http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=Haykuro_Apps_to_SD

also, when sending a text message to certain contacts, it will always send the message twice. this only happens to some contacts, but it is always the same ones. any fix here?

thanks!

Last edited:

Christopher3712

Oct 2, 2007
Progressive failure through JF1.5

I can't seem to make any sense of this...

I upgraded (manually) from ADP1.5Hr3-A2SD to JF1.5 (installed A2SD). I also upgraded my radio to the latest 2.22.19.26I. I even upgraded from JF1.42 to JF1.43. Yes, I wiped (i'm somewhat of a veteran here now). The phone worked fantastic on the JF1.5 build for the last couple of weeks (the reason why I haven't posted much lately).

Problem #1:
3 days ago, I was on a phone call leaving a voicemail. Afterwards, I pressed end (red button) to terminate the call and couldn't. I pressed menu, end call - and couldn't. I tried to soft-reboot and couldn't. I actually had to remove the battery to stop the call. When I went to start the phone up again, it hung up at the initial loading screen. I had to wipe my data then set up the phone again.

Problem #2:
The VERY NEXT DAY, I was text messaging and the "Send" button started glitching. I'd press "Send" and it would kick me back out to the messaging thread list, without sending the message. Thinking this was a random firmware glitch, I reset the phone. I then got hung up at the initial loading screen (had to be about 20 minutes). I had to wipe my data, then set the phone up again.

Problem #3:
Yesterday, I was browsing over my wifi and it kept shutting off, reverting to 3G. I rebooted the phone, got hung up on the initial loading screen. You know what I did. After the wipe, I went to install A2SD again and the phone froze. Suspecting an error with my SD card, I looked at it through Paragon Partition Manager. I showed my FAT32 partition correctly, however, my ext2 partition was now reading as a FAT32 partition with a linux drive definition. I can't make heads or tails of that. I backed up my FAT32, formatted the whole SD card, repartitioned ext2, installed A2SD and ran fine until today.

Problem #4:
My girlfriend dragged me out to a birthday dinner I didn't want to go to. :cool:

Problem #5:
On the way to that dinner, I was browsing the Market and kept getting the "Server Error" notification. First, I put my phone in airplane mode, then took it off airplane mode. Same error. With a feeling of dread, I reset the phone. I got hung up on the initial loading screen. I had to wipe my data, then set up my phone again. The good news is, this gave me an excuse not to talk to the other 12 people at the table I had absolutely no interest in. :D

***BTW: "Backup for Root Users" does not restore bookmarks in Browser, only in Steel. It does not restore your "Settings". It does not restore your SMS. It does not restore your Market Database. I know this because after the last three days, I wanted a much faster way of restoring my phone in case I had to do it on the fly like I did tonight.

After reading through this forum, where I imagine a systematic failure like this would have been documented, I saw no solution. Odds are, I'll need to reflash EVERYTHING. Curiously though, I tried a program called "TA Utility v1.0" and moved all my caches to my SD card. This was the same day of the first system error, although the crash didn't occur until a few hours later. Even though I've wiped my phone SEVERAL times in the past few days, this program remembers that all my Caches have been moved to my SD card as I keep getting "You have already moved cache of Browser/Market/Maps/StreetView" message when trying to use it again. I think this may be the problem as I understand moving caches has caused many issues (dalvik primarily). I just want to know your thoughts on this...

ryan75

Feb 8, 2009
Dearborn, MI
Curiously though, I tried a program called "TA Utility v1.0" and moved all my caches to my SD card. This was the same day of th first system error, although the crash didn't occur until a few hours later. Even though I've wiped m phone SEVERAL times in the past few days, thi program remembers that all my Caches have bee moved to my SD card as I keep getting "You have moved to my SD card as I keep getting "You have already moved cache of Browser/Market/Maps/ StreetView" message when trying to use it again. think this may be the problem as I understand moving caches has caused many issues (dalvik primarily). I just want to know your thoughts on

I think that app messed my phone up too. I saw behavior very similar after moving cache to my SD and trying to put it back. Luckily I had a nandroid backup of a fresh JF1.5. Id advise all to stay away from that POS.

Christopher3712

Oct 2, 2007
Why don't you guys just run the command lines in adb to move dalvik-cache and apps to sd? I been on jf's 1.5 since the day it came out and have had no problems.

A2SD isn't an issue, been using that forever. The program just makes the process much more simplistic than typing in ADB command lines. I simply stated using that other program so everyone had a true idea of what was done. It seems there's just an incompatibility in the scripts between the two programs.

hazeline

Mar 2, 2008
Singapore
Physical keyboard problem

Hi, i hav just installed JF V1.5, however i found out that my physical keyboard back button used to delete if not functioning. May i know how to solve this? Thank You:)

pascanu

Jan 22, 2009
Tg. Mures
I totaly agree about "TA utility". It gave me nothing but troubles. I would recomend people to stay away from it. What really bothers me is that I wrote the author and asked him to tell me exactly what scripts his program runs so I can manually revert but never got an answer. There have been 2 updates since that request but things are only getting worst: now I can't make/rename directories with Astro on my sdcard.

burton14e7

Jun 22, 2007
I've been at the android screen for about 30 minutes so far....is there something I should do to restart or just let it keep going? When I did the haykuro 1.5 it only took about 2 minutes but I noticed most of the themes are for JF so I decided to try it out...now I think my phone is bricked for being at the android screen forever...

GRRemlin

May 3, 2009
Baltimore
I've been at the android screen for about 30 minutes so far....is there something I should do to restart or just let it keep going? When I did the haykuro 1.5 it only took about 2 minutes but I noticed most of the themes are for JF so I decided to try it out...now I think my phone is bricked for being at the android screen forever...

Same happened to me.

1. Take the back off and pull the battery out.
2. Pull the SD card out and (using a MicroSD adapter of some sort) write the update.zip on it again. Replace the one you have now.
3. Apply the ROM again.

Status
Not open for further replies.