• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

JF 1.5 ****ADP1**** build released. JFupdater has it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

j8dailo

May 16, 2009
upgrading to jf 1.5 from cupcake 1.5

i currently have the cupcake 1.5 factory update...what do i need to do to upgrade it to jf 1.5? just download the jf file and rename update.zip and run it? or do i have to downgrade to rc30 to get root access first.... i had jf hack before then i got the cupcake update from t-mobile and updated it...the whole phone just crashed so i had to do a complete factory restore and now it has cupcake...can someone help me out?

johnnylicious

Nov 9, 2008
Screenshots of HTC Virtural Keyboard with Hardware Keyboard Auto-correction

6e3fbq.png

2rxtfr6.png

dcvk1z.png

to download and install.

Download
http://www.droiddeveloper.com/hrbuilds/htc_ime.zip

- unzip ZIP file and put HTC_IME.apk and libt9.so in the root of your sdcard
- can you push these thru adb with the following codes

$ adb remount
$ adb push libt9.so /system/lib/libt9.so
$ adb push HTC_IME.apk /system/app/HTC_IME.apk
$ adb shell reboot

or use the terminal code which is

# su
# mount rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
# cp sdcard/libt9.so /system/lib/libt9.so
# cp sdcard/HTC_IME.apk /system/app/HTC_IME.apk
# reboot

and enjoy :]

blackknightavalon

Feb 1, 2009
Somewhere in NYC
I have a problem that "search" didn't answer for me. I did the whole process a few weeks ago and...well, here's what I saw:
1) I cd'd to /system/sd/app and typed in ls and saw my app list.
2) I cd'd to /data/app and typed in ls and saw the same apps.

Isn't /data/app supposed to be empty except for the default apps?

DOHCtor

Apr 10, 2009
Southern California
I have a problem that "search" didn't answer for me. I did the whole process a few weeks ago and...well, here's what I saw:
1) I cd'd to /system/sd/app and typed in ls and saw my app list.
2) I cd'd to /data/app and typed in ls and saw the same apps.

Isn't /data/app supposed to be empty except for the default apps?

If you linked them, they will show the same results, but it's physically in your /system/sd/app directory.

lovethexi23

Feb 19, 2009
Saint Louis
I have a problem.....my google maps app won't work on the jf version......everything else works perfectly.

It force closes everytime in enter through the app and when I enter through the web.

Anyone else having this problem???

I also have a problem with the market.....it says server error every 3 or 4 days and stays like that all day....is it really the server or my phone???

Phlogiston

Nov 5, 2008
I have a problem.....my google maps app won't work on the jf version......everything else works perfectly.

It force closes everytime in enter through the app and when I enter through the web.

Anyone else having this problem???

I also have a problem with the market.....it says server error every 3 or 4 days and stays like that all day....is it really the server or my phone???

I had similar issues, did you move the cache out for these apps? Try to revert those settings.

GRRemlin

May 3, 2009
Baltimore
# su
# mount rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
# cp sdcard/libt9.so /system/lib/libt9.so
# cp sdcard/HTC_IME.apk /system/app/HTC_IME.apk
# reboot

and enjoy :]

Running JF 1.5
Terminal Amulator set to "Always Allow" su access
After # cp sdcard/libt9.so /system/lib/libt9.so I receive a msg:
cp: cannot create '/system/lib/libt9.so': Read only file system.

:confused:

Last edited:

kingblind

Jan 23, 2009
amazon mp3 not working.. please help

I downloaded the amazon mp3 apk from page 63... installed fine..
rebooted and I get force quit when I try and use it .. any ideas?

Slimgym20

Feb 1, 2009
I have tried using the normal email app to log into my Yahoo account but it comes back saying invalid username or password, anyone else having this problem or know a solution? It worked before w/jf rc33 but I had to do a wipe to get to adp 1.5 so it deleted it all.

GRRemlin

May 3, 2009
Baltimore
To the best of my knowledge, if you know exactly what to put for the manual set up that may help. I don't pay for the pop3 account, but it set up last time on jf rc33 with no issues. May have just been a change with yahoo mail.

Yup. You might be limited without pay. See if you need to "activate" pop3 access in yahoo settings. Like in gmail, for example.

Check this out: http://sajeevnairs.blogspot.com/2009/03/pop3-access-in-yahoo-mail-free.html

Last edited:

nauceman

May 18, 2009
Thanks to JF and those like him.

If you take the time to read any of this, thanks. I am a 5yr veteran of wireless sales, mostly on the indirect channel for T-Mobile. I have always refrained from commenting on sites and have just grabbed info and passed it on to customers. I try to offer knowledge to those that want more from their devices than carriers have allowed. The work you do is amazing and again thanks. I am running this perfectly after a few hours on this board last night.

P.S. JanetPanic made some of my searching laughable with her arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.