JF1.5, Apps2SD, Messaging Crash on Boot

Search This thread

Stigy

Feb 4, 2009
So about 2 weeks ago I decided to root my phone. It was awesome to be able to run Cupcake before anyone and have root access. About a week ago I decided to move all my Apps2SD and my cache and dalvik cache as well.

All was going well until I went to text message my friend. All of a sudden my phone locked up and I had to do a battery pull to restart it. Since then when my phone boots Message will crash automatically and I cannot use Messaging or ChompSMS to send a text. I cannot attach or post the log of my issue, but can send it if you have an idea of what may be causing this. Your help is greatly appreciated. I also just have one more question:

1. I am going on vacation in a few days. If this were to happen on vacation (while my apps were on my SD card), what could I do to start fresh? Could I just go into the bootloader and do an ALT+W and then ALT+S with JF1.5 as update.zip on the root of my SD Card?

persiansown

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2007
That happened to me. I repaired my ext2 partition through ubuntu and it works fine now.

Stigy

Feb 4, 2009
I created my EXT2 partition with SDSplit from my phone. Not sure if that has a repair option -- what did you do to "repair" your EXT2 parition/

Thanks.

Stigy

Feb 4, 2009
My other question was if I wanted to just start fresh, could I just put JF1.5 as update.zip on the root of SD card and do an ALT+W and ALT+S or will this mess stuff up?