JIAYU G3S Smartphone MTK6589 Quad Core Android 4.2 4.5 Inch IPS Gorillla Glass Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Spekkie88

Jan 28, 2012
it's right here: hXXps://github.com/varunchitre15/MT6589_kernel_source

it was linked in the thread I posted above which also has a few pointers about where to look for CPU speeds. I'm no dev so I wish you luck with it and hope you keep us all updated with any progress. :good:

I know but that is the source from an Acer model... As stated in the first post of the linked threat...

I was hoping for the official sources from Jiayu...

Meeshka

Jun 30, 2008
I guess so. On the other hand, the MKT6589 and MKT6589T are pin compatible so jiayu only needs to change the SoC in the same process.
But my guess is that the clock speeds/voltages only depend on the SoC id and could be "upgraded" by altering the Kernel.

Does anyone know where to find the kernel source of the jiayu phones?

Since my Jiayu G3S is shipped today (DHL) I would love to poke around in the kernel to test this theory :D

Since your JIAYU is shipped 30.07 you have a good chance to become one of those who receive MT6589T version. Don't forget to dump a stock ROM from it, since there are still non in the i-net :)

Spekkie88

Jan 28, 2012
Since your JIAYU is shipped 30.07 you have a good chance to become one of those who receive MT6589T version. Don't forget to dump a stock ROM from it, since there are still non in the i-net :)

I received my phone yesterday, but still have the MT6589 non T version clocked @ 1.2GHz...
Had some trouble enabeling the speaker though, but all is fixed now...

gorzka

Jun 26, 2009
I have become my phone for three days. The phone ist rooted.

now I have some questions:
1. can I remove the chinese apps?
2. there are already custom roms?

KOala888

Nov 21, 2010
Gdańsk
Ok, my phone is on the way.

I would like to make my own cuistom kernel like on my previous devices, but I see that there are no sources, am I right?

sephot

Dec 13, 2012

Yes u can , use titanium backup to uninstall them .
And i see 1 custom rom for g3s but i didnt test it. The phone is new so we have to whate.

Wysłane z JY-G3S

Reactions: gorzka

sephot

Dec 13, 2012
Ok, my phone is on the way.

I would like to make my own cuistom kernel like on my previous devices, but I see that there are no sources, am I right?

Post 181 have link to kernal source, scroll up a bit:D. If you will make kernal let me see it . ;).
Link to room i will post when i will be at home.

Wysłane z JY-G3S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    solution for wifi location based services

noticed on my G3S that wifi location based services was not working.

To get it to work, replace the networklocation.apk in system/app with the one below.

I've used ES file explorer with root acces to replace this file.

Works like a charm now!

Now, please someone help me with the auto brightness... :highfive:
    First of all GPS works perfect (some of users report gps fix issue) now everything works fine. My Jiayu ships to me with Android Jelly Bean 4.2.1, 3.4.5 Kernel, and Root Access on board. No bug as far, Antutu v3.3.1 Bench result : 12 813. My last smartphone was SGS+ and I must say Jiayu G3S got way better price/quality relationship. So far 5+ this is my rate from 1 to 6.
    Cool, a G3S owner! :) Would you mind answering some questions about the device?
    1. Can you please check if the compass works correctly? (Use GPS status or Google Sky map - the view of the sky should adjust according to where you're pointing the phone).
    2. Also, shops mention the G3S has a gyroscope too. I don't know any apps that actually use it to accomplish something, only device-testing apps (Z-device test, many other, similar apps). Would you mind checking if that works?
    3. The wired headset - I assume the bundled headset is a typical "android" one, stereo phones + mono mic + 1 button. Does the button get registered - can you control music playback (play/pause) with it when the screen is off?

Be my guest;)

1. Indeed compass works fine, I checked it on Google maps and Google Sky Map.
    2. Yes it has gyroscope I checked it as you suggested on Z-Device.
    3. And YES button is registered: I can control playback (play/pause) normally and also when the screen is off, Answering calls, Pick the last number from calls and call, make all things as you always do with android :)

I tried Gta3 from market, it works with full details with no lag! Dead Trigger full details - extra smooth, everything on this phone works ideal - extra smooth this is the best word to describe this device. Trust me on word.

Im still testing new things, if u have more questions? Ask me :)
    That's great (I should have asked these before I bought my A789, which I'll be replacing with either G3S or G4 advanced) :)
    I'm not sure what is the "standard way" for a notification LED to behave on Android, but my old Blade would start blinking green on ANY notification and blink red on low battery. I addition to that, it would stay red when charging and charge was below 90%, and stay green when charge was >90% and was plugged in.
    What can the LED on the G3S do - can it also convey charging state as it does on the Blade?

Beyond the notification LED, I'm mildly interested (I assume it either works or won't be a problem to fix myself) in the following:
    • The ROM partitioning - how large is the /data partition (called "Internal storage, I think) and the "USB storage", if any? (The A789 has way too much USB storage and too little /data, had to flash the MBR/EBR to fix that...)
    • Any issues with the screen brightness? My A789 gets randomly stuck on full blast until I lock the screen.
    • What kind of recovery is bundled/available? Is it easy to get into with a key combination?

Considering LED notification: works fine, behavior is the same like in your Blade. I think is standard way of behave LED in android.

1. Internal storage has 4Gb and 2.5Gb for user space. U can mount Micro Sd card up to 32GB. I use 16GB micro sd card class 10.

2. Screen brightness works perfect, both in auto mode and manual mode.

3. To access recovery I am using Rom Manager, and recovery looks like in other smartphones with stock recovery.

Yes u can , use titanium backup to uninstall them .
    And i see 1 custom rom for g3s but i didnt test it. The phone is new so we have to whate.

Wysłane z JY-G3S