• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[JIO STB] Guide to Enable ADB and Sideload apps on the updated version of JIO STB

Search This thread

BugMeOut

Sep 17, 2021
Can you use play store in it

Note :- We don't use mi box firmware because it is not stable and has serious bugs like video's don't play.
So this firmware supports video or this is not mi box firmware

Last edited:

demoakka

Jan 5, 2013
thanks but are you sure usb 3 cable work ?

While doing this, if any error occurs in between, then Jio stb can be reset in old position or not.

dispecter99

Sep 26, 2021
Hi i am trying to connect my stb to pc over a time. Not successful. i have been stuck down with no command screen over my TV and waiting for device over bootloader console. Can anyone guide what i am doing wrong or suggest me what to do next? Thanks

Attachments

• Not detected.jpg
    Not detected.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
  • No command.jpg
    No command.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 49

demoakka

Jan 5, 2013
check this screenshot. there is arrow. for me mobile sim ejector pin not work. so i use big size sefty pin

Attachments

• photo6248977983624817951.jpg
    photo6248977983624817951.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: sonudhillon

sonudhillon

Jan 24, 2013
www.unp.me
New Rom with a modified system image has been released by another developer in telegram group(Group).
The Dev also plans to give a further update with more improvements(No ETA).
Main features of the rom are Gapps and persistent adb(i.e no need to go to settings editor app to enable again).

Could someone share that system image here? Telegram group seems to be deserted.

Veer78

Nov 20, 2021
Facing error of 0xc000007b while opening the application
Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• Capturesdf.PNG
    Capturesdf.PNG
    27.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer :- We are not responsible for any type of damage,we are not responsible for literally anything, follow this guide at your own risk. This is only for educational purposes.

We need help from a developer for porting twrp and making the mi box firmware stable for the Jio STB, Anyone willing to help can DM. Thanks.

Follow the guide till the last step(19th step) for proper results, Don't stop somewhere in the middle

You need a PC, a usb male to male cable,any safety pin or sim ejector pin, and of course JIO STB

1)Download amlogic tools 5.5.0(Amlogic Tools). Install worldcup driver using AMLogic driver installer.exe.

2)Download system-aidan.img (Thanks to aidan for it, I have extracted it from his mi box port rom)

Download system-aidan and system.img of c200/d200 Here

3)Download system.img of c200(if the model of your stb is c200),download d200 if the model of your stb is d200.

4)put the system-aidan.img in the amlogic tools/bin folder,put the system.img(Jio STB) also in the same folder.

5)Now disconnect the power plug of the box, and connect usb male to male cable from the box to the PC.

6)Open AMLBootloaderConsole.exe you will see a screen waiting for device.

7)press and hold the reset button of the box using a pin and simultaneously insert the power plug.

8)You should release the pin after connection is established(Windows will make a sound and you will also see a screen [email protected] in bootloader console).

9)Open a cmd in the bin folder of amlogic tools. (You can type the command 'update scan' to check if the device is connected or not.

10)Run the command

update partition system system-aidan.img

11)after it is success run,
    update bulkcmd "setenv -f EnableSelinux permissive"

and next

update bulkcmd "saveenv"

12)now remove usb cable, power plug and start the box normally and then complete the setup and don't forget to select skip at WIFI selection(otherwise device may get stuck there).

You can now install apps using file browser app by connecting pendrive, you can skip 13,14,15,19 steps If you don't need adb. (Don't forget to give unknown sources permission to apps like aptoide tv,File explorer etc.)

***OPTIONAL SECTION***(FOR ADB)
    13)Now ensure that both pc and box are connected to same wifi and get the ipv4 address of the box(you will find it in about page of settings).

14)Enable usb debugging and then connect to the box using adb by running the command

adb connect 192.xxx.xxx.xxx (the box's ipv4 address).

15)Install settings database editor app (SetEdit)
    and give it write_secure_settings permission with adb.

ADB Command:-

adb shell pm grant io.github.muntashirakon.setedit android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

***OPTIONAL SECTION END***

16)now turn off the stb and get back to that [email protected] that we got to using bootloader console in the start.(do the 5,6,7,8,9 steps again)

17)now run,

update partition system system.img
    (this will install jio system again).

18)after it is success run,

update bulkcmd "setenv -f EnableSelinux permissive"

and next

update bulkcmd "saveenv"

now reboot and enjoy the apps.

***OPTIONAL SECTION***(FOR ADB)
    19)Now you can see in global settings page of settings database editor app, the property adb_enabled is set to 0, make it 1 for enabling adb.
    ***OPTIONAL SECTION END***

TIP :- Uninstalling apps like rcu ota,tr069 client,jio remote care,jio settings and some other jio apps with ADB can prevent the box from updating/getting reset automatically in the future.

Uninstalling jio ads push app, jio stb launcher can remove the ads on the box and don't forget to install another launcher(ATV,Leanback etc.) before uninstalling the jio launcher.

Open settings app(This) can be used for opening the original android settings.

ADB commands to remove the jio apps (including jio settings ,jio launcher)

adb shell
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.communitake.remotecontrolservice
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sdmc.factorymonitor (only for c200)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sdmc.readedid (only for c200)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.iwedia.pvodupdateservice
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.jio.stbremotecare.ril
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.iwedia.updatercuotaservice
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.jio.stbadservice
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.rjil.jiostbsetting (This is jio settings,better to install open settings app before removing this)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.iwedia.ui.rjio.launcher.reliance (This is jio launcher,better to install other launcher app before removing this)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.rjil.jiostblogservice
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.iwedia.fti.rjio.fti.reliance
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.jio.stb.tifextn
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 insight.tr069.client
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.managedprovisioning
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.iwedia.httpupdate

Note :- We don't use mi box firmware because it is not stable and has serious bugs like video's don't play.

We need help from a developer for porting twrp and making the mi box firmware stable for the Jio STB, Anyone willing to help can DM. Thanks.

Credits :-

Srikant(srikantnagar) for finding out that our jio box(both d200 and c200) supports treble, which is the reason for knowing mi box system.img works for our box.

Aidan(aidanmacgregor) for his mi box port to other amlogic boxes(Here).

Nishant Sharma(nishant6577) for his assistance with testing, debugging etc.

My part was finding the method to flash recovery, custom firmware and extracting the stock firmware of the box.
    Thanks a lot of this quick tutorial, the only reason I even ordered the STB is because of this post. I have a problem with the region / time. The time is wrong and i am unable the set date and time from settings as it is greyed out is there any solution for this?
    nvm i fixed it with adb command here is the command if anyone faces same issue:
    adb shell setprop persist.sys.timezone "Asia/Kolkata"
    This will set time to IST as well as other units such as Metric system.

akshay.ku

k0chiro And others​

Take a look at my post for gapps, persistent adb, and giving unknown sources permission with adb
    Some tips - Disable apps like jio store so that it don't reinstall stupid shilpa app and only enable it to update apps once a while.
    Disable JioAds Push to avoid those loud startup ads
    Button Mapper is a handy app. It allow you to use those color buttons for something that you desire. I changed Tv button to youtube.

Things to remember - Commands goes in "command prompt" and not Amlogic bootloader console and remember to allow unknown sources permission for aptoide, youtube next etc.

I uninstalled almost all apps listed by OP except launcher and store but I still got update which didn't really change anything.
    The command to enable unknown sources permission for an app with adb is,
    adb shell appops set "package_name"(without quotes) REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES allow

This way there is no need to get back to aidan for enabling unknown sources permission for an app

New Rom with a modified system image has been released by another developer in telegram group(Group).
    The Dev also plans to give a further update with more improvements(No ETA).
    Main features of the rom are Gapps and persistent adb(i.e no need to go to settings editor app to enable again).