Jmz Android Dual-Boot for HD2 v5 --- 05NOV10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rossbrunton

Jan 29, 2010
Hi Guys,

Yeah it does the same manually launching. Does anyone have a link for a thread where I can discuss the problems Im having better?

aleksandar0475

Oct 2, 2008
Republic of Serbia
Changing theme in your app?

@jmztaylor,

I agree with the post above...your application is amazing and very useful...no more booting from file explorer.
But just one friendly advice: there is wonderful idea to change the theme in your application,just look at the post 321. Very good idea,I think.

Please consider changing your theme,because that is the only thing missing in your application to be perfect.

Keep doing good work jmz!

jusutus

Jan 26, 2009
What could be wrong with my HD2, since the Jmz app doesn't seem to work. I have FroyoStone Sense installed (and HSPL3) with a radio update, and Android boots up just fine from the File explorer. When I installed the Jmz app, it does nothing on boot.

The Android files are in Android folder on the root of the SD card, and the Jmz app is installed on the phone.

EDIT: And yes, the registry edit has been made.

Last edited:

aleksandar0475

Oct 2, 2008
Republic of Serbia
On memory card.

Sounds weird,but I had the same problem as you do.

And I did the silly thing...I removed jmz from programs list,and I installed it again,
but on memory card. It now works without a glitch.

Silly,right? :)

i1magic

Aug 15, 2009
Singapore
If you find this app useful please donate at the link in my sig or on my homepage at http://www.jmzsoft.com

So this is a dual-boot app I wrote for the HD2. This just gives you an option during boot to choose Windows Mobile or Android. You must have android already installed to the root of your sd card. If you are using the latest android release be sure to rename zharet to haret and the default.txt file to startup.txt and you will not have to tap run in haret anymore.

To download Android for HD2, click here

Updated to v4.

Now supports multi-language. 100%
Supports builds where haret is located in android folder in storage card or on root of storage card.

If it doesn't launch:
- Open a registry editor and go to HKLM\init and change Launch62 to Launch52. And reboot

NOTICE: THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT THREAD FOR ANDROID. IF YOU SEE THE HARET LOADER THEN MY APP HAS DONE ITS JOB. MY APP DOES NOTHING MORE THAN LOAD HARET. PLEASE STOP ASKING ABOUT WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO GET ANDROID WORKING. THIS IS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS FOR.

I tried ... changed the "Launch62" to "Launch52" .... soft reset my HD2 ... it just goes straight into WM.

Then I "shutdown" my HD2 .... and turn it on again .... still goes straight to WM.

I am using Mdeejay Sense v2.3.

Can anybody help?

i1magic

Aug 15, 2009
Singapore
I saw at this website ...

http://thegadgets.net/trickt-boy/how-to/how-to-dual-boot-htc-hd2-with-windows-mobile-and-android/

Extract from above site :

If you want to dual boot your HTC HD2 on Windows Mobile and Android, just follow the following steps. I assume that you aleady know about running Android on your gadget.

1. Install Android on the root of you SD card. Here’s a guide, if you need one.
  2. Remove the SD card.
  3. Reboot HD2 to boot into Windows Mobile.
  4. Install Jmz dual boot app. on HD2, you can download it here.
  5. Put the SD card back into the phone.
  6. Reboot HD2 again and you should see a selection screen just after the welcome message. Choose your operating system of choice to boot!
  7. Enjoy!
Anybody does according to the above? Means that you took out the SD card. Is that step necessary?

biohazark

Jul 7, 2010
MultiBoot ???

Hi Guys,
Very nice job jmztaylor :eek: !! But how have you made this soft ??? I tried to decompile "Jmz Android Dual-Boot.exe" file but no result... I would like to create a "multi boot" to choose between several builds of android. Do you think it's possible ? :confused:
Sorry for my bad english....

jusutus

Jan 26, 2009
I managed to solve the problem by updating the .NET Framework on the phone. Now it works like a dream.

alphafx7

Apr 24, 2010
Sounds weird,but I had the same problem as you do.

And I did the silly thing...I removed jmz from programs list,and I installed it again,
but on memory card. It now works without a glitch.

Silly,right? :)

Thanks! This works on darkstone HD2Froyo V2.1 android. Didn't get a response when it was installed into the phone's memory.

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Yes this app has to be installed in the phone memory and not sd card. I setup a support forum specifically for this dual boot app. It is at http://forum.jmzsoft.com More dedicated and organized support can be done there. Just in case you guys aren't following me on twitter, I am completely revamping my dual-boot app with more features and options. No ETA though. Going on 7-month deployment this month and will have absolutely nothing better to do than write software.

charms81

Apr 3, 2008
Atlanta
Thanks for this nice app. I just bought the V5 from your website and installed on T-Mobile stock ROM (the latest one). But when I restart the phone, I do not get the startup application? Do I need to do anything other thna just install your app?

I can load android using the default steps. Just wanted to get dual boot running.

Thanks!

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Thanks for this nice app. I just bought the V5 from your website and installed on T-Mobile stock ROM (the latest one). But when I restart the phone, I do not get the startup application? Do I need to do anything other thna just install your app?

I can load android using the default steps. Just wanted to get dual boot running.

Thanks!

Open a registry editor and go to HKLM\init and change Launch62 to Launch52. And reboot. Let me know if this works

charms81

Apr 3, 2008
Atlanta
Open a registry editor and go to HKLM\init and change Launch62 to Launch52. And reboot. Let me know if this works

I did that it didn't work. But if I directly open your app by clicking on it, it opens the splash and when I select Android, it asks the security question that the app is trying to run haret.exe, you want it to run?. So do you think it is due to file security issue it doesnt start?

I installed/ uninstalled many times on phone as well as storage card, the last time I rebooted the phone, the splash came up with little messed up graphic, but when I selected Andriod, it threw an exception. I didn't copy down the exception.

Have you seen this before?

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Version 5 released. Features are listed below. If you have any issues with the new app go to Jmz Software support forums for support.

Update to v5

There is a known problem with compatibility with Artemis rom and this app. Please use a different rom until this issue is resolved. myself and the creator of Artemis rom are working on getting this resolved. My rom of choice is any of the Energy series roms. Specifically the GTX version.

Features:
    -Auto-boot after timeout
    -Choice of Windows or Android as default after timeout
    -UI to change options
    -Better looking layout **Many thanks to Showtime7 from XDA for the graphics
    -Touch the Boot Options header to access setup
    -Free version 4 can still be downloaded at Jmzsoft.com

Updated to v4.

Now supports multi-language. 100%
    Supports builds where haret is located in android folder in storage card or on root of storage card.

If it doesn't launch:
    - Open a registry editor and go to HKLM\init and change Launch62 to Launch52. And reboot

NOTICE: THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT THREAD FOR ANDROID. IF YOU SEE THE HARET LOADER THEN MY APP HAS DONE ITS JOB. MY APP DOES NOTHING MORE THAN LOAD HARET. PLEASE STOP ASKING ABOUT WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO GET ANDROID WORKING. THIS IS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS FOR.

ScreenShot1.png
    ScreenShot2.png
    is there any 1 click download...and not have to change this...rename that...?...please help...love all this phone stuff...but lacking experience...