• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Joying 8.8 inch Android 10 JY-HQS01N4G-1 how to root

Search This thread

DMon04

Feb 16, 2017
Dalton,Ohio,USA
Would this root method work on a newer Joying 7" double din with Android 10? Why do I want root? Well...I updated the Android Auto app via Aptoide the other day and lost functionality of Android Auto. I'd like to root to remove android auto and then re-install an older version of the app. Also wanna modify my carplay menu so I can put Netflix,Youtube,etc on the carplay menu so I can run those from the data of my phone.

Attachments

• 0828212253a_HDR.jpg
    0828212253a_HDR.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
  • 0827210857_HDR.jpg
    0827210857_HDR.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 0827210857.jpg
    0827210857.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 0827210858.jpg
    0827210858.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 20

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Would this root method work on a newer Joying 7" double din with Android 10? Why do I want root? Well...I updated the Android Auto app via Aptoide the other day and lost functionality of Android Auto. I'd like to root to remove android auto and then re-install an older version of the app. Also wanna modify my carplay menu so I can put Netflix,Youtube,etc on the carplay menu so I can run those from the data of my phone.
If you updated Android Auto, I assume it was part of your firmware. Go into App settings and disable Android Auto. That will remove all updates and return to the original version, but then disabled.
Then enable it again and do not let it update. You can switch off auto-update per application.

Reactions: DMon04

wojas322

Feb 1, 2021
Illinois USA
New here but have the same head unit in my C5 Z06. My firmware version is as follows:
Android 10.0 1280X480 Old UI 2021.7.5.
I did follow the instructions inside the Developer.zip read me file.
No luck. It said successful but with errors. In fact it did not root.
Wondering if I will have to back up to the previous firmware version?
Has anyone managed to be successful with the latest firmware version?

reading the previous couple replies I think the latest version that had been tested and working is 3.29.2021. It has not been tested on the newer firmware versions, or at least no one has updated us on this forum. I think whichever version might work as long as the file and folder names are 6315 I think.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
reading the previous couple replies I think the latest version that had been tested and working is 3.29.2021. It has not been tested on the newer firmware versions, or at least no one has updated us on this forum. I think whichever version might work as long as the file and folder names are 6315 I think.
The developer.zip files and howto were written for a sc9853i, not for a uis7862. It is basically the same but you have to use the files, binary from the uis7862, and an updated Magisk.
But why root your unit? So useless nowadays on these units.
Edit: To add to that. You lose Google voice feedback, and without root you can just as well do "custom flashes" with your own software and settings.

bobgodd

Jan 26, 2009
The developer.zip files and howto were written for a sc9853i, not for a uis7862. It is basically the same but you have to use the files, binary from the uis7862, and an updated Magisk.
But why root your unit? So useless nowadays on these units.
Edit: To add to that. You lose Google voice feedback, and without root you can just as well do "custom flashes" with your own software and settings.
I think most users, myself included, assume that root would be required for changing certain things that otherwise don't seem to be able to be changed. Changing the launcher is one of them, though I've found a work around with Nova. Getting to android settings is a task, installing recovery/ROM (if available) used to require root... These are just some examples.

My current need is that I can't seem to watch youtube tv from the unit. I like to sit in my car on my lunch break and watch some of my DVR'd stuff, but apparently the joying head units are missing any widevine drm stuff, making youtube tv not work. Installing those libraries via magisk module would typically be impossible without root. If this has changed, I'd love to know how! JY-UQS15N4G, if it matters.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
My current need is that I can't seem to watch youtube tv from the unit. I like to sit in my car on my lunch break and watch some of my DVR'd stuff, but apparently the joying head units are missing any widevine drm stuff, making youtube tv not work. Installing those libraries via magisk module would typically be impossible without root. If this has changed, I'd love to know how! JY-UQS15N4G, if it matters.
I wrote a couple of posts about Modding your Joying fyt sc9853i without root
Again: the principles are exactly the same but the binaries and files have changed. That way you can also install libraries, but please understand that some libraries also require system libraries or "hooks" in system libraries. Also with root that would not be successful.
For more info about the uis7862 FYT units and modding them, also read 4pda. I don't have a uis7862, so I never dived as deep into the matter as with my Sofia 3GR, PX5 and sc9853i.

Reactions: marchnz

DMon04

Feb 16, 2017
Dalton,Ohio,USA
After reading this forum over and over for hours. Ive come to the conclusion that this root method DOES in fact work for my Joying but I cannot find the lsec6315update file to add to my USB thumb drive with the 6315_1.zip and the boot.img. Anybody have a link for that lsec6315 update file I need? Any help is greatly appreciated!

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
After reading this forum over and over for hours. Ive come to the conclusion that this root method DOES in fact work for my Joying but I cannot find the lsec6315update file to add to my USB thumb drive with the 6315_1.zip and the boot.img. Anybody have a link for that lsec6315 update file I need? Any help is greatly appreciated!
In the firmware that you download from Teyes you'll find the lsec6315update binary. That binary is necessary for flashing, no matter whether it is the complete firmware, only a mod, a rooted boot-image, etc.

Reactions: marchnz

DMon04

Feb 16, 2017
Dalton,Ohio,USA
In the firmware that you download from Teyes you'll find the lsec6315update binary. That binary is necessary for flashing, no matter whether it is the complete firmware, only a mod, a rooted boot-image, etc.
I successfully got my newer Android 10 unit rooted earlier today. Everything works as it should except the radio app now. I got into the radio app and get nothing. I may do a root uninstall of it and re-install the app to see if that helps. Any advice on that area? Lol. At least bow I can put Netflix and other watching apps on the carplay menu so it utilizes the data from my phone. Was doing this all so my kids can watch their videos on the headrest monitors in my car while we are on trips.

DMon04

Feb 16, 2017
Dalton,Ohio,USA
So Ive double checked everything on my headunit and root and Magisk are properly installed. All the root apps that I use are working correctly but still have no normal radio. Anybody have any ideas? Car link/Car Play works fine, all BT works with my phone and Torque and OBD connectors,etc. Only thing Im missing from rooting now is the normal stereo wont play anything. I went into root explorer and checked the permissions of the apo and updates all the execute permissions and it still didnt help. Any help from people here is greatly appreciated!

Hans_200

Nov 5, 2021
sorry, yes.
You are on a uis7862 unit: So in the document you have to change every occurrence of:
- sc9853i to uis7862
- 6521_1.zip to 6315_1.zip
- lsec6521update to lsec6315update

And most important:
First check the correct boot image partition of your uis7862.
I'm almost sure it is not the same as the one mentioned in the sc9853i updater-script.
That could brick your unit. You really have to alter the updater-script for the boot partition.
I'm struggling to get my Joying JY-HQS01N4G-2 rooted. I have made the changes mentioned in the quote in every instance I can find. The only reason I need to root is to change the screen size as my bezel is slightly too small. I have attached the error it shows while trying to root. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• IMG_1735.jpeg
    IMG_1735.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 6315_1.zip
    9 MB · Views: 0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attached are the files that I tried it with. Your zip file with my patched boot file (renamed to boot.img) and the lsec6315update file.

You did not sign the zip. Attached your zip, but now signed.
    Before I got your reply I actually went ahead and installed the latest version of Magisk (version 22) from their website, installed it, and opened it. Then I got the "Screen Shift" app and it worked to resize my screen, so I assume the rooting was successful. And I didn't need to download any special file manager app.

So I don't think installing/opening Magisk prior to rooting is necessary, but appreciate the help guys!

I made my screen resolution 1200x480 to fit within my C5 Corvette center console opening, and it fits perfectly. Note: Avoid the "overscan" screen settings because it makes apps appear cutoff.
    Thanks everyone. Thanks to this and the thread OP linked, I was able to root mine as well (JY-UQ128N4G). Just in case anyone in the future has this model, I used Joying's 2021.1.19 firmware for my model above and created the attached signed zip.
    Hi- is the resizer still working well, and every app has been compatible with it? I've heard some issues with some popular apps not playing nice with resized screens, like Waze and Google Maps.

Btw, I have the same exact Joying unit in my C5 Corvette.

To be honest I’m not sure. It works great on the apps I’m using but then again I mostly just listen to music and I use Sygic maps due to it being offline mode and they work great. You can always try using one of the other resizer apps, maybe newer resizer will work better with newer apps.
    If you updated Android Auto, I assume it was part of your firmware. Go into App settings and disable Android Auto. That will remove all updates and return to the original version, but then disabled.
    Then enable it again and do not let it update. You can switch off auto-update per application.