Software Development Joying Extra Tools apk - an apk to help you install mods, tweak your unit, etc.

Search This thread

z0rn

Dec 19, 2010
Berlin
Hey @surfer63 is it possible to root the new android 10 units with you excellent app? I'm thinking about to swap my android 8 unit :) and I love your jet app and possibility to patch the unkill_app.txt and navi_app list. Honestly I just need this feature. I want to have my music still played if my radar warn app speaks ;).

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Hey @surfer63 is it possible to root the new android 10 units with you excellent app? I'm thinking about to swap my android 8 unit :) and I love your jet app and possibility to patch the unkill_app.txt and navi_app list. Honestly I just need this feature. I want to have my music still played if my radar warn app speaks ;).
No, it is not possbile to root them with my app.
It is certainly possible to root them via Magisk, and that can be found here on this forum and on 4pda.
I don't have a uis7862 and can't test myself, or with the JET apk.

robrose

Mar 16, 2021
hallo everyone.

I need small help...

I have an camera Junsun S500 ADAS Mini Auto DVR Cam and Radio Joying.. Android 8.1, Intel Socket 1.8 Ghz, 8 core ( don't remember the symbol... )

The problem is... On the camera internal storage there is and .apk called Ucardvr. I can install it ofc, everything is working fine but... This app sucks ( i have chinese marks on the screen etc ). I've tried to install Traffic Guard or Drive Recorder, but those apps doesn't work.

Every third party app has no acces to camera... Is there an option to change It?

Greets

Try this:
(account required)

This is the GSJ_SA_V1.5.9_B2019062101.apk

z0rn

Dec 19, 2010
Berlin
@surfer63 do you plan to support the UIS7862 devices? I'm planning to upgrade from my px5 unit, because I have the annoying Wi-Fi bug after the fast boot. I always have to manually switch airplane mode on and off to get Wi-Fi working again. Furthermore, I will try too root my device with magisk method (I'm searching now for 2 days in different forums to find a proper tutorial, but I guess it will be learning by doing) and after that I could do some test for you. The main reason for rooting is to install the "main server" mods because I guess when I use my speed camera warning app, the music will stop playing as on any device before.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
@surfer63 do you plan to support the UIS7862 devices? I'm planning to upgrade from my px5 unit, because I have the annoying Wi-Fi bug after the fast boot. I always have to manually switch airplane mode on and off to get Wi-Fi working again. Furthermore, I will try too root my device with magisk method (I'm searching now for 2 days in different forums to find a proper tutorial, but I guess it will be learning by doing) and after that I could do some test for you. The main reason for rooting is to install the "main server" mods because I guess when I use my speed camera warning app, the music will stop playing as on any device before.
I actually do not plan to support the UIS7862. I currently have a sc9853i in my almost 11 years old car and when I purchase another (second-hand) car I will make sure it has a navigation unit "with the rest of the functionality". Next to that: also on the sc9853i you do not need root any longer, and what's more: it even functions better without it. Same for the uis7862. But that also means you can't use my app any longer.

Note that in this forum there are several threads describing how to root the uis7862.
Next to that you can find mods for the main server and others from @gordgelin in the T'eyes CC3 thread.
Again: On the uis7862 you do not have to be rooted to add modifications. You can use a modified flashing procedure only flashing that what you want.
I have been thinking of creating another app that does exactly this, but I did not consider it worthwhile. See for more mods and the like https://udteam.ru/

Last edited:
Reactions: z0rn and marchnz

CaliBurr

May 14, 2021
I figured this one out.
To play music from the headphone jack on the phone, you need a AUX to RCA/PHONO cable, connect it to L IN and R IN and it will work. Use the "AUX" app to play.

Cable like this:
minijack-til-rca-kabel-pro-0-5m-big.jpg
I did this but mine doesnt have the AUX app. There is a setting with Activate AUX but it says application not installed. Do you or @surfer63 have this app apk?

Major Stuen

Oct 21, 2016
I did this but mine doesnt have the AUX app. There is a setting with Activate AUX but it says application not installed. Do you or @surfer63 have this app apk?
I just fired up my old joying, extracting the AUX apk with Apk Creator. Dont know if it works, but its worth a try :) Its named AUX2 because files cant be named AUX on windows. But i dont think the name of the file matters when installing, just rename it if thats the case.

Download:

CaliBurr

May 14, 2021
I just fired up my old joying, extracting the AUX apk with Apk Creator. Dont know if it works, but its worth a try :) Its named AUX2 because files cant be named AUX on windows. But i dont think the name of the file matters when installing, just rename it if thats the case.

Download:
Hey, thanks man much appreciated. I will post here if it works!

CaliBurr

May 14, 2021
So it said "Install update to existing app?" and I clicked Yes, and it said application not installed. Is it because my device isn't rooted? Idk why it says it is an existing app because it doesn't show up in my system files.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
So it said "Install update to existing app?" and I clicked Yes, and it said application not installed. Is it because my device isn't rooted? Idk why it says it is an existing app because it doesn't show up in my system files.
The old apk is differently signed than the new apk. That will not work. The system considers that as a hack. You really need to make an lsec script to remove the one from your unit (make a backup) and replace it with the old one.
And then it still might not work.

CaliBurr

May 14, 2021
The old apk is differently signed than the new apk. That will not work. The system considers that as a hack. You really need to make an lsec script to remove the one from your unit (make a backup) and replace it with the old one.
And then it still might not work.
My AUX app doesnt show up anywhere. I have read you have to do something to make it appear?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    Below the latest versions of the "Joying Extra Tools" apk.

20 May 2020: V76
    22 December 2019: V75
    17 October 2019: V74
    16 September 2019: V73
    10 August 2019: V72
    21 July 2019: V71
    30 June 2019: V70
    30 June 2019: V69
    05 June 2019: V68

Website
    Changelog: at the bottom of this post (latest release) and completely on the github website.
    Credits.
    Info on options (can hardly be called a manual).
    Source code: Everything is in one big Appinventor/Thunkable .aia source code file.
    Root your unit (Read how) with this apk and the "SuperSU Version x.y.z" from the Releases page.

mainscreen.jpg

It requires a rooted unit for most of the functionality. Read here.
    It is created for Joying Intel Sofia 3GR FYT units, the Joying Rockchip PX5 FYT units and the Joying Intel Airmont sp9853i units . Most functionality will probably run just as well on other brand FYT units but for the time that is only functional for a few number of other FYT based units (The app tests whether it is running on a Joying or one of the other supported FYT based units like Zhan PX5, Sinosmart SC9853i and 2 "unbranded" SC9853i units).
    Some functionality is the same for 5.1.1, 6.0.1, 8.0.0 and 8.1.0. The apk will detect wich Android version and on which hardware you are running and will offer the correct relevant options for your android version and unit.

It allows you to:

• Enable or disable adb over WiFi
    • Install the Xposed framework and installer (EXPERIMENTAL on Sofia requiring Superuser rooting specifically ; stable on PX5 but requiring SuperSU "setenforce 0" rooting)
    • Install some specific Xposed modules not in the global Xposed repository pool.
    • Update busybox
    • Install Viper4Android on 5.1.1 ROMs (Joying/FYT blocked this on 6.0.1, 8.0.0 and 8.1.0)
    • Install several "main server" mods (Sofia-Server on Sofia 3GR; 100000000_com.syu.ms on PX5; 190000000_com.syu.ms on sp9853i)
    • Install Radio mods (examples)
    • Install other mods (examples)
    • Add mod to make it possible to put Bluetooth apk to background during call (PX5; standard on 9853i ROMs as of 12 June 2019 firmware)
    • (Continuously) measure temperatures of your unit
    • Alter the DPI of your unit
    • Expand the hosts file to prevent ads, banners, hijackers, etc. (see http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm)
    • Some micro apks like BTMusicStarter, WiFiOn, WiFioff to make live easier on the Joyings.
    • Optimization: Remove/disable non-functional system services and apps, and non-functional Joying apps
    • Set system wide immersive modes

You can also have a look at a really early version here on youtube.

Changelog latest version:
    • 20 May 2020, V76
      • 9853i: Add main server mods for 07 April 2020: Original, Original with "extended navi_app list, unkill_app.txt, player_app.txt and navi_audio_from_playstatus.txt", Nokill mod with the txt files from "extended".
    Previous Changelogs:
    See my website.

This apk is open source and will remain open source, but if you want you can donate something.
    05 June 2019, Joying Extra Tools v68

This version is a "multi architecture" version. It supports the Sofia 3GR Intel FYT units, the Rockchip PX5-A53 ARM FYT units and the Joying Intel Airmont sp9853i FYT units.

Changelog:
    • Fix "Remove all application logs and csv files". The standard Thunkable way did not work anymore (thunkable bug?)
    • Temperature monitoring: Round temperatures to 1 decimal by default (checkbox option: default set)
    • Fix header of Sofia 3GR csv temperature monitoring file.
    • Add Intel Airmont 9853i mainserver mods for firmware 2019-05-15 (15 May 2019).
    • PX5: Make PX5 mainserver mod for the 7 November 2018 firmware that allows to put BT app in the background.*
    • 9853i: Make 9853i mainserver mod for the 15 May 2019 firmware that allows to put BT app in the background.*
    *: The BlueTooth app can not be placed in the background. This is not a BT app "feature" but a "feature" of the main server apk. This mainserver mod now enables you to put your Navi app (or something else in the foreground) and continue your call. This mod does not require Xposed.

Note: the past few weeks I have been working on a "pc" project. I did not adapt the ringtone option for the 9853i and neither did I add the immersive mode. That is still to come.
    I released the SuperSU uninstall script here: https://github.com/hvdwolf/Joying-RootAssistant/releases/tag/uninst-20180107

I released the Superuser install script here: https://github.com/hvdwolf/Joying-RootAssistant/releases/tag/20180107

If you have SuperSU installed, you first need to uninstall it before you can install Superuser.
    Only then, or on a freshly flashed firmware, you can install the Superuser system, which will later enable Xposed.

BIG WARNING: The current V3.2 and all previous versions of my "Joying Extra Tools" apk are NOT compatible with the Superuser rooting method. The Superuser command line parameter structure is much simpler and incompatible with superSU's command line parameter structure. It means that I had to rewrite all the "su calls" (fortunately SuperSU can read the simple calls as well, in case someone wants to stay on superSU). All the apk rewriting (and testing) is another reason why I waited so long with xposed and Superuser: It's a lot of work.
    All was done from one big parametrisable shell script. They have now been replaced by a zillion small "single purpose" scripts. Actually the "su calls" were only a few as it is one parametrisable function, but all those shell scripts inside the function took some time.

I will release a new apk which is compatible with Superuser (and comes with the Xposed framework install, the GPSSpeedfix and maybe 1-2 more xposed modules, and the modded December Radio app).
    So you might want to wait with the SuperSU uninstall / Superuser install until my new apk is ready.
    !! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY !!

13 January 2018, 19:00 CET
    Important

If you used the SuperSU uninstall script before 13 January 19:00 CET, then re-download it. It contained an error that soft-bricks your unit. I always update my busybox on my unit. If you had not done that the script will fail.
    The updated script is correct.

I released my new apk. I added the complete changelog here as this version incorporates some major changes AND requirements in the rooting.

• 13 Januari 2018, V33

• This version requires another rooting method if you want to use Xposed. See here. The simplest and safest method is to do a fresh ROM firmware flash and then do the root install, and then do my apk followed by the Xposed install.
      • Added Xposed Framework and Installer to apk (NEEDS ANOTHER ROOTING METHOD!!). Note: After installation of the Xposed Framework it can take 5-10 minutes on the reboot as sometimes part of the apps need to be re-optimized. It means that you are looking at a black screen and might be frightened you have bricked your unit. Please be patient.
      • Added the GPSSpeedfix Xposed module (credits: lbdroid, carjoying forum)
      • Added NoKill Xposed module. The xposed NoKill module can be used with any default Joying Sofiaserver version.
      • Added option to share Xposed logs in case something doesn't work as expected (with my modules). Top-left menu.
      • Added the November NoKill SofiaServer mod (credits: realzoulou, XDA)
      • Added the December NoKill SofiaServer mod (my mod)
      • Added the new modded December Radio mod with RDS-txt and RDS-ps increased in size.
      • Changed the "Enable/Disable adb over tcpip" option.
      • Change version number to whole numbers and simply update. So going from 3.2 to 33 (like version code on Google Play).
      • Re-enabled Viper4Android for 5.1.1
      • Complete internal rewrite to make the apk compatible with Superuser.
    Note that you should use EITHER the Sofiaserver Nokill mod OR the Xposed Nokill module. At this moment the Nokill Sofiaserver mod might have the preference as it comes with an extended navigation app and music player list.

====
    With regard to the Xposed CustomKeyMod module I'm working on and which is NOT released at this moment. It is still using the launcher.sh script from Gustden for my module.
    - Hardware keys BAND (Radio) and NAVI work fine.
    - I don't have a DVD key and can't test it, but that one should work fine too as it is equal to BAND and NAVI.
    - I don't have steering wheel keys either, but the SRC/MODE button should work as well as it is also equal to BAND/MEDIA/DVD. (I did not touch the SWI mute, fast-forward/backward, forward/backward, pause/play functions that your steering wheel might have)
    - MEDIA key doesn't work yet. It is a completely different function, based on the fact what the current active player (in the background) is: the joying music player, the DVD player, a BT stream. If nothing active then the Joying music player is chosen. Anyway, my function slows down the unit terribly without doing anything, so work in progress.
    - the Pause/Play function when going into deep-sleep and after wake-up/resume does nothing. I don't understand why (right now). Also work in progress.
    Released a minor upgrade 1.6. See changelog on site and in first post.
    The flexible "My Mods" button will take a bit longer. (I should really start now :))