Software Development Joying Extra Tools apk - an apk to help you install mods, tweak your unit, etc.

Search This thread

MeZmeriZe_

May 31, 2010
Perth
htmlfixit.com
Yeah, the OBD adapter never gets a BT icon to show it's connected, only the phone gets it.

I never got very far with BTTether, as my last phone (and even my current) don't support it. Killed by the carrier it seems... But there were a couple of threads somewhere in here about using it.

Good to know about the icon.. that is one less thing to worry about I guess.

It doesn't seem like bluetooth tethering is such a big ask.... bloody manufactures should have to tell people they have stuffed up base features in android in their units. My phone is a pixel 3 XL with android 10 and I can verify it is actually offering internet over bluetooth, I just can't route the Joying to use that connection as it's gateway... It's annoying because wifi tething chews my battery life and I'm already connected to the unit via bluetooth for call features. I might read up on how BT tethering works.. perhaps it's possible to use a self targetted VPN type app like DNS66 to trick the OS to use it as a gateway without breaking existing functionality.

I removed BTteather as it either didn't give me any feeback that it did anything other than turn off the wifi or it didn't do anything other than disable wifi...
I'm a linux admin so it's weird to feel powerless on a box we have root on...

Last edited:

MeZmeriZe_

May 31, 2010
Perth
htmlfixit.com
Hi Folks,
This is driving me nuts.. I've bought two different bluetooth adaptors trying to get my Joying unit to pair with ODB2. It says it connected, but when I open Torque or forscan or any of the others they say choose a device and none are listed despite my minutes before pairing it successfully.. it also seems to forget or at least not list devices it has paired with between reboots so you don't know if it's working.. it also doesn't find stuff during scans somes and the only temp fix is to reboot the unit (full reboot using joying tools.)

I've paired the obd2 adaptors to my phone and they all work fine.. it's just the joying unit they won't work with.. I'm about to try a USB adaptor to see if that helps but it's not a good solution because the usb bluetooth adaptor doesn't fit well in enough to put the fuse box cover back in. Currently my unit has Joying extra tools, is rooted, has exposed and has the default with readonly contacts installed and the nokill option installed.... the rest is basically standard. I gave up on BT tethering and am using wifi now so all I'm trying to do is get the BT devices in the car reliably connected.. (UPDATE... tried the USB OBD2 cable and it works fine so it isn't anything wrong with torque on the unit.. it's borked bluetooth.. Still hoping to fix it though as the cable is a problem.)

What combination of features/settings are folks that have it working using?

can anyone make any suggestions?

cheers

Frank

Last edited:

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
22 December 2019, Joying Extra Tools V75

This version is a "multi architecture" version. It supports the Sofia 3GR Intel FYT units, the Rockchip PX5-A53 ARM FYT units the Joying Intel Airmont sp9853i FYT units.

Changelog V75:
  • 9853i: Add main server mods for 28 November 2019: Original, Original with "extended navi_app list, unkill_app.txt, player_app.txt and navi_audio_from_playstatus.txt", Nokill mod with the txt files from "extended".
  • 9853i: Added real nice radio mod from XDA user @Soiski71.

henrysinn

Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
henrysinn.com

Attachments

• Old-Stolen-Sofia-Unit.jpg
    Old-Stolen-Sofia-Unit.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 274

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com

I don't know. The main developer(s) are all on PX5/6. So we need a developer on intel.
Next to that: They already mentioned that it is increasingly difficult to implement it on higher Android versions as Google closes every loophole.
I created the XSofiaTweaker/XFYTtweaker modules, with many contributions from others, but I can't use it either anymore on my SC9853i.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
20 May 2020, Joying Extra Tools V76

This version is a "multi architecture" version. It supports the Sofia 3GR Intel FYT units, the Rockchip PX5-A53 ARM FYT units the Joying Intel Airmont sp9853i FYT units.

Changelog V76:
  • 9853i: Add main server mods for 07 April 2020: Original, Original with "extended navi_app list, unkill_app.txt, player_app.txt and navi_audio_from_playstatus.txt", Nokill mod with the txt files from "extended".

angelparras

Feb 1, 2014
I have a sc9853i unit @gtxaspec do you know how to change the SRC key function? I only want to change between Spotify and Waze, is it possible?

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

I have a sc9853i unit @gtxaspec do you know how to change the SRC key function? I only want to change between Spotify and Waze, is it possible?

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Changelog V76:
  • 9853i: Add main server mods for 07 April 2020: Original, Original with "extended navi_app list, unkill_app.txt, player_app.txt and navi_audio_from_playstatus.txt", Nokill mod with the txt files from "extended".

japioothuis

Dec 14, 2017
My device app shows Joying Sofia 3GR Car, Marshmallow 6.0.1
So there should be no risk installing Xposed via the Jet tool ?
When I do the gpsspeed fix no risk of screwing my gps or in worst case the headunit ?

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
My device app shows Joying Sofia 3GR Car, Marshmallow 6.0.1
So there should be no risk installing Xposed via the Jet tool ?
When I do the gpsspeed fix no risk of screwing my gps or in worst case the headunit ?

Installing Xposed via JET on the Sodia is a risk.
I personally never had an issue myself and I have installed it at least 5 times (Of course I also did multiple tests in trying to find a fool-proof method and then I also had bricks), but there were several users who had a bricked unit (which could be solved by simply flashing the firmware again).
Actually the installation is untarring a compressed tar.gz into the correct folders. Wh.y that works on one unit (most units) and not on some others, I really don't know
When Xposed is installed, you can install gpsspeed without any issues.

japioothuis

Dec 14, 2017
I'm not an expert at all but could the reason it works well for some and some not has to do with the firmware version of the OS, installed apps, apps running on the backgroud etc ?
Just like some Windows updates won't install on some computers.
Pity that it is not possable to make a restore point in Android to go back to that point instead of a factory reset.

By the way, I read in post #91 at the [XPOSED][INTEL][PX5] 4 Xposed modules to tweak your FYT based (Joying) unit that the GPSSpeedFix is only in the JET apk ?

Last edited:

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
By the way, I read in post #91 at the [XPOSED][INTEL][PX5] 4 Xposed modules to tweak your FYT based (Joying) unit that the GPSSpeedFix is only in the JET apk ?

I do not exactly understand what you mean. The gpsspeedfix is still downloadable from my repository.
For the Sofia it is in the JET apk.
For the PX5 and sc9853i, the JET apk hides it as the PX5 and sc9853i do not need it. Only the Sofia has that bug.

japioothuis

Dec 14, 2017
@ surfer63
Please forgive my ignorance :( but do I understand well that installing only the gpsspeedfix apk ( from the downloadlink or via the JET apk ) is without risk to a soft brick of my Sofia head Unit ?

PrimoGhost

Oct 9, 2020
hallo everyone.

I need small help...

I have an camera Junsun S500 ADAS Mini Auto DVR Cam and Radio Joying.. Android 8.1, Intel Socket 1.8 Ghz, 8 core ( don't remember the symbol... )

The problem is... On the camera internal storage there is and .apk called Ucardvr. I can install it ofc, everything is working fine but... This app sucks ( i have chinese marks on the screen etc ). I've tried to install Traffic Guard or Drive Recorder, but those apps doesn't work.

Every third party app has no acces to camera... Is there an option to change It?

Greets

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    Below the latest versions of the "Joying Extra Tools" apk.

20 May 2020: V76
    22 December 2019: V75
    17 October 2019: V74
    16 September 2019: V73
    10 August 2019: V72
    21 July 2019: V71
    30 June 2019: V70
    30 June 2019: V69
    05 June 2019: V68

Website
    Changelog: at the bottom of this post (latest release) and completely on the github website.
    Credits.
    Info on options (can hardly be called a manual).
    Source code: Everything is in one big Appinventor/Thunkable .aia source code file.
    Root your unit (Read how) with this apk and the "SuperSU Version x.y.z" from the Releases page.

mainscreen.jpg

It requires a rooted unit for most of the functionality. Read here.
    It is created for Joying Intel Sofia 3GR FYT units, the Joying Rockchip PX5 FYT units and the Joying Intel Airmont sp9853i units . Most functionality will probably run just as well on other brand FYT units but for the time that is only functional for a few number of other FYT based units (The app tests whether it is running on a Joying or one of the other supported FYT based units like Zhan PX5, Sinosmart SC9853i and 2 "unbranded" SC9853i units).
    Some functionality is the same for 5.1.1, 6.0.1, 8.0.0 and 8.1.0. The apk will detect wich Android version and on which hardware you are running and will offer the correct relevant options for your android version and unit.

It allows you to:

• Enable or disable adb over WiFi
    • Install the Xposed framework and installer (EXPERIMENTAL on Sofia requiring Superuser rooting specifically ; stable on PX5 but requiring SuperSU "setenforce 0" rooting)
    • Install some specific Xposed modules not in the global Xposed repository pool.
    • Update busybox
    • Install Viper4Android on 5.1.1 ROMs (Joying/FYT blocked this on 6.0.1, 8.0.0 and 8.1.0)
    • Install several "main server" mods (Sofia-Server on Sofia 3GR; 100000000_com.syu.ms on PX5; 190000000_com.syu.ms on sp9853i)
    • Install Radio mods (examples)
    • Install other mods (examples)
    • Add mod to make it possible to put Bluetooth apk to background during call (PX5; standard on 9853i ROMs as of 12 June 2019 firmware)
    • (Continuously) measure temperatures of your unit
    • Alter the DPI of your unit
    • Expand the hosts file to prevent ads, banners, hijackers, etc. (see http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm)
    • Some micro apks like BTMusicStarter, WiFiOn, WiFioff to make live easier on the Joyings.
    • Optimization: Remove/disable non-functional system services and apps, and non-functional Joying apps
    • Set system wide immersive modes

You can also have a look at a really early version here on youtube.

Changelog latest version:
    • 20 May 2020, V76
    Previous Changelogs:
    See my website.

This apk is open source and will remain open source, but if you want you can donate something.
    05 June 2019, Joying Extra Tools v68

This version is a "multi architecture" version. It supports the Sofia 3GR Intel FYT units, the Rockchip PX5-A53 ARM FYT units and the Joying Intel Airmont sp9853i FYT units.

Changelog:
    • Fix "Remove all application logs and csv files". The standard Thunkable way did not work anymore (thunkable bug?)
    • Temperature monitoring: Round temperatures to 1 decimal by default (checkbox option: default set)
    • Fix header of Sofia 3GR csv temperature monitoring file.
    • Add Intel Airmont 9853i mainserver mods for firmware 2019-05-15 (15 May 2019).
    • PX5: Make PX5 mainserver mod for the 7 November 2018 firmware that allows to put BT app in the background.*
    • 9853i: Make 9853i mainserver mod for the 15 May 2019 firmware that allows to put BT app in the background.*
    *: The BlueTooth app can not be placed in the background. This is not a BT app "feature" but a "feature" of the main server apk. This mainserver mod now enables you to put your Navi app (or something else in the foreground) and continue your call. This mod does not require Xposed.

Note: the past few weeks I have been working on a "pc" project. I did not adapt the ringtone option for the 9853i and neither did I add the immersive mode. That is still to come.
    I released the SuperSU uninstall script here: https://github.com/hvdwolf/Joying-RootAssistant/releases/tag/uninst-20180107

I released the Superuser install script here: https://github.com/hvdwolf/Joying-RootAssistant/releases/tag/20180107

If you have SuperSU installed, you first need to uninstall it before you can install Superuser.
    Only then, or on a freshly flashed firmware, you can install the Superuser system, which will later enable Xposed.

BIG WARNING: The current V3.2 and all previous versions of my "Joying Extra Tools" apk are NOT compatible with the Superuser rooting method. The Superuser command line parameter structure is much simpler and incompatible with superSU's command line parameter structure. It means that I had to rewrite all the "su calls" (fortunately SuperSU can read the simple calls as well, in case someone wants to stay on superSU). All the apk rewriting (and testing) is another reason why I waited so long with xposed and Superuser: It's a lot of work.
    All was done from one big parametrisable shell script. They have now been replaced by a zillion small "single purpose" scripts. Actually the "su calls" were only a few as it is one parametrisable function, but all those shell scripts inside the function took some time.

I will release a new apk which is compatible with Superuser (and comes with the Xposed framework install, the GPSSpeedfix and maybe 1-2 more xposed modules, and the modded December Radio app).
    So you might want to wait with the SuperSU uninstall / Superuser install until my new apk is ready.
    !! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY !!

13 January 2018, 19:00 CET
    Important

If you used the SuperSU uninstall script before 13 January 19:00 CET, then re-download it. It contained an error that soft-bricks your unit. I always update my busybox on my unit. If you had not done that the script will fail.
    The updated script is correct.

I released my new apk. I added the complete changelog here as this version incorporates some major changes AND requirements in the rooting.

• 13 Januari 2018, V33

• This version requires another rooting method if you want to use Xposed. See here. The simplest and safest method is to do a fresh ROM firmware flash and then do the root install, and then do my apk followed by the Xposed install.
      • Added Xposed Framework and Installer to apk (NEEDS ANOTHER ROOTING METHOD!!). Note: After installation of the Xposed Framework it can take 5-10 minutes on the reboot as sometimes part of the apps need to be re-optimized. It means that you are looking at a black screen and might be frightened you have bricked your unit. Please be patient.
      • Added the GPSSpeedfix Xposed module (credits: lbdroid, carjoying forum)
      • Added NoKill Xposed module. The xposed NoKill module can be used with any default Joying Sofiaserver version.
      • Added option to share Xposed logs in case something doesn't work as expected (with my modules). Top-left menu.
      • Added the November NoKill SofiaServer mod (credits: realzoulou, XDA)
      • Added the December NoKill SofiaServer mod (my mod)
      • Added the new modded December Radio mod with RDS-txt and RDS-ps increased in size.
      • Changed the "Enable/Disable adb over tcpip" option.
      • Change version number to whole numbers and simply update. So going from 3.2 to 33 (like version code on Google Play).
      • Re-enabled Viper4Android for 5.1.1
      • Complete internal rewrite to make the apk compatible with Superuser.
    Note that you should use EITHER the Sofiaserver Nokill mod OR the Xposed Nokill module. At this moment the Nokill Sofiaserver mod might have the preference as it comes with an extended navigation app and music player list.

====
    With regard to the Xposed CustomKeyMod module I'm working on and which is NOT released at this moment. It is still using the launcher.sh script from Gustden for my module.
    - Hardware keys BAND (Radio) and NAVI work fine.
    - I don't have a DVD key and can't test it, but that one should work fine too as it is equal to BAND and NAVI.
    - I don't have steering wheel keys either, but the SRC/MODE button should work as well as it is also equal to BAND/MEDIA/DVD. (I did not touch the SWI mute, fast-forward/backward, forward/backward, pause/play functions that your steering wheel might have)
    - MEDIA key doesn't work yet. It is a completely different function, based on the fact what the current active player (in the background) is: the joying music player, the DVD player, a BT stream. If nothing active then the Joying music player is chosen. Anyway, my function slows down the unit terribly without doing anything, so work in progress.
    - the Pause/Play function when going into deep-sleep and after wake-up/resume does nothing. I don't understand why (right now). Also work in progress.
    Released a minor upgrade 1.6. See changelog on site and in first post.
    The flexible "My Mods" button will take a bit longer. (I should really start now :))