Question Joying Intel Sofia head unit is pulling a 2001 date from GPS and does not obey network time

Search This thread

level5music

Oct 13, 2007
Hi All - I have a Joying Intel Sofia head unit (not sure the exact model), but the date is suddenly switching to a 2001 date. This seems to be happening via GPS, and the head unit is prioritizing GPS date over network date. I have tried a few apps from the app store that will switch to NTP date, but the unit repeatedly overrides this. Switching network time/date off in settings doesn't help either. This knocks the head unit offline because of certs. I've seen this a few times on the forum, but no hard fix. Anyone?

D3LTA

Sep 21, 2007
Almelo
Same issue here, the issue is caused by GPS Week Number Rollover (WNRO) issue, it can be fixed in Sofia-1-C9-Server-V1.0.apk but we need a programmer who knows how..

the date is exactly 1024 weeks behind the real date and it can be fixed by calculating 1024 weeks on to the gps date.

for example like this (example code)

JavaScript:
long gpsTime = location.getTime();

// Adding 1024 weeks for chips with GPS Week Number Rollover issue
// 1024 * 7 * 24 * 60 * 60 * 1000 = 619315200000L
if ((gpsTime > 0) && (gpsTime < 1546300800000L))
  gpsTime += 619315200000L;

i hope there is anyone here that knows how to implement it in the smali code.

Blaze Falconburger

Dec 20, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dang, I came here looking for a fix for this problem - it took me a while to figure out why I couldn't get internet on some apps, then figured it was certificate date related, which lead to why the time/date isn't getting set properly. Shame there is no easy fix - toggling the network update off/on is only a temporary fix, not a proper solution

Blaze Falconburger

Dec 20, 2007
Buckinghamshire
I've tried it - it works, about 75% of the time. If it gets a quick fix of the gps before the google service starts, it's ok. But if it takes longer to get a fix and time update, you have to go and restart the (force stop) the google service. It auto starts, then, auto closes - not a bad solution, better than going to the menu, but would be nicer to just update the default date to a more recent start time

Top Liked Posts