• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Joying Intel update - Feb 22nd

Search This thread

gustden

Oct 19, 2010
Chicago
When we update does that wipe everything?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Not quite everything. The last update left my apps still installed, but cleared all application data including accounts, home screen, etc. I would assume this would do the same. I may install later today and do a diff of the packages to see if there is anything new.

Titanium backup works pretty well to backup and restore the data after the upgrade.

dayanandgp

Nov 30, 2012
Regensburg
Not quite everything. The last update left my apps still installed, but cleared all application data including accounts, home screen, etc. I would assume this would do the same. I may install later today and do a diff of the packages to see if there is anything new.

Titanium backup works pretty well to backup and restore the data after the upgrade.

Would be nice if you could let us know if you found something useful !! they have no changelog and it sucks not knowing what they fixed.

Tervinder

Nov 23, 2014
Just tried the update. Seemed to work okay, except when it booted for some reason it wouldn't load the stock Joying launcher. I had to use touch wiz to open Nova Launcher to navigate. Not sure what happened I may try to reinstall the firmware.

sonof

Aug 16, 2010
Do you see any obvious updates? Some bugs which we saw in last firmware like apps not resuming after standby etc?
That has been solved already by gustden's modifications.

What I'm interested in is have they fixed the too bright minimum brightness of the screen? Apart from that the unit is pretty close to perfect already.

Tervinder

Nov 23, 2014
Reinstalled Feb.22 firmware but the stock Joying Home launcher is not working. It seems it didn't install properly or something. But I can revert into Nova Launcher that I had previously installed. Seems CarMediaSettings button has changed names to Car Settings, however I cant turn off the annoying Key Button Tone as the option has disappeared. It's late here so will test more tommorow, but I got the device rooted again. I will try the display brightness shortly. Curious to see if anyone else has problems like this as well.

jonssoni83

Dec 3, 2009
My car: Skoda Superb 2013.

My update went pretty bad.

After installation I couldn't get to desktop at all - only blank blue screen (wallpaper) and nothing else. I could get to settings from that floating button, and did full reset and then it worked. It started with the new launcher, maybe I will give it a go.

Haven't got the time to install all the apps etc. again.

Some cosmetic changes, but nothing obvious. Still can't get my parking sensor detections to the screen.

My GPS signal got dropped all the time with last software, hope that is fixed. They already sent me new GPS antenna, waiting it to arrive.

I'm actually really pissed to the unit right now. If my issues with radars and GPS are not fixed with this update and new antenna, I'm sending unit back and go for stock RNS-510.

gustden

Oct 19, 2010
Chicago
Reinstalled Feb.22 firmware but the stock Joying Home launcher is not working. It seems it didn't install properly or something. But I can revert into Nova Launcher that I had previously installed. Seems CarMediaSettings button has changed names to Car Settings, however I cant turn off the annoying Key Button Tone as the option has disappeared. It's late here so will test more tommorow, but I got the device rooted again. I will try the display brightness shortly. Curious to see if anyone else has problems like this as well.

Try removing Nova completely, and clearing data on the joying launchers. I never was able to have Nova and the stock both installed together. I always had to remove nova completely to use the stock launcher. And vice versa.

CadillacMike

Apr 13, 2016
Louisville, KY
my update also went weird. Just went to a wallpaper with nothing except that dumb dot. I could use the dot to get to apps, and go to Car Settings.

however when I go to the 3368 screen, the password to change the UI seems to have changed

Tervinder

Nov 23, 2014
Thanks for the tip about Backup & Reset to restore stock functionality. 3368 still seems to work for me on some menues but others not. Will do further tests today to see if my GPS is better and anything else worth noting

pdtp

Jul 22, 2006
seems the stock launcher has issues. when i did the upgrade the launcher wouldnt launch no matter what i did. factory reset the unit and the launcher started working, did some customizing of the widgets and then it wouldnt work anymore. i was able to set nova as my default launcher through settings but not through car settings.

thedru13

Dec 13, 2016
I just did the update. Been stuck on the "ANDROID" logo for about 30 mins now. So not sure if i should let it go or try and reboot it via reset button.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another ROM update today. dated: Mar 5, 2017: https://www.carjoying.com/Joying-blog/59.html
    joying intel firmware archive at:

http://mirrors.gtxlabs.com/joying/

along with root and other neat stuff. If you want me to add files, let me know here, or if i am missing any firmware!

Oh come on, be patient. Do you want a bleeding edge ROM or a leading edge ROM. Just, let them do their work.
    I have seen software updates delayed multiple times when last minute bugs, or even "show stoppers", were found, also for the very big guys like Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, and even Google with android releases.
    Yeah I could just try to email them but not too interested to do so at work.
    Not too impressed about the quality of their customer service, but I understand its kinda small business based in China.
    It would be too easy if they would just add small changelog that includes passwords like that for example.
    You might want to try: 5768

From the code:
    if (PageFactory.electricPassword.getText().toString().equalsIgnoreCase("5768")) {
    i was watching my watch, I was on Android screen for about 26 minutes.

All the updates require doing system reset (button) after 1st boot, the the system works fine.
    Stock launchers suck, Nova is the best. Must root 1st,then install Nova, then set Nova as default launcher, then install Titanium b/u and freeze all 3 stock launchers and reboot. Set Nova as default launcher in car settings, then setup Nova & whatever widgets you want, works great! :cool: