• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

JSwarts Browser Snapdragon Optimized Chromium (v46)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Mr_S

Dec 21, 2012
Anyway the red boarders could be removed in next version. I know that you change build brop however this breaks v4a. Any reply would be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anyway the red boarders could be removed in next version. I know that you change build brop however this breaks v4a. Any reply would be appreciated.

Do you have any documentation that shows V4A needs build.prop to read 'userdebug' in order to function properly? That isn't a common flag and unless it is a necessity for using Viper with an enforcing kernel I couldn't think of a reason why that would break V4A.

Now, 'userdebug' is required for the experimental multi-window feature. If you turn off userdebug multi-window will no longer work.

Mr_S

Dec 21, 2012
No and funny thing was I still had multi window. Maybe it never saved to build brop or something though I'm quite experienced in android. I'm not gonna waste time looking for if and what's need or not or whatever. It was a request as why I wanted it removed if it was a simple thing on devs end, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would rather it was there but whatever,I'ts cool. :)

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
There's an old saying: "It's time to put up or shut up". The accusations of kangs, malware, improper flags, Russian genealogy and any other allegations need to be documented and provided to the moderation staff.
At this point, this thread and apk are hardly worth the efforts it takes to moderate it.

There have been a few exploratory PMs sent out by the moderation staff that have been ignored. If this thread wishes to continue, they either need to be answered or this issue needs to be dropped. It is your choice.

For now, I am closing this thread until the main proponents of the issues either come to terms or bring their proof to the table. The time is now gentlemen.

As for all others who use this or any other apk, ROM, mod, kernel,...that is posted on XDA, it is and has always been "Use at your own risk". Until something is proven to be malicious in intent, we will not remove anything that doesn't violate The Rules of the site. If something is found, then both it and the developer are handled swiftly and without mercy.

I would also suggest the if @!phenom is sticking around (you mentioned that you were done with XDA), then thread ownership should be changed from @AlkaliV2 to him. It is your choice to stay or not and matters not to me, but for continuity's sake it should be transferred.

Mentioning @LenAsh and @ronnie498 to keep them in the loop.

Thread Closed

Edit: I was going to delete this post, but I think that I will leave it as a fair warning about why it was closed in the first place.

Last edited:

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
@!phenom is taking thread ownership from @AlkaliV2, as he has decided to support his own application.

I will make this known now. There will be no allegations posted without proper documentation. If there is mild banter about a process or intent call or anything that you think might be malicious, that is perfectly fine and should not be cleaned. But allegations of kangs or malicious intent need to have backup to support those claims, otherwise they are just trolling. There is absolutely no problem asking questions about a process or build flag or anything like that, but once the line is stepped over there needs to be some support to the claim.

This is your final warning. As with all things posted on XDA, flash/install at your own risk. If you have issues with how something works, then learn about it and figure out what the root cause of the issue you are having is. No one is forcing anyone to install this, nor are we taking it down without any proof of claims.

Thread Re-Opened

@ronnie498 as fyi

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No and funny thing was I still had multi window. Maybe it never saved to build brop or something though I'm quite experienced in android. I'm not gonna waste time looking for if and what's need or not or whatever. It was a request as why I wanted it removed if it was a simple thing on devs end, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would rather it was there but whatever,I'ts cool. :)

Back in business...

Anyway, did changing the build.prop from userdebug to user fix the red border issue for you? I know we were discussing this prior to the thread being closed and I wanted to see if you got it resolved or found a workaround.

skyline72

May 25, 2013
Singapore
Hi, I had downloaded this version already.

Well, theres still this bug with the night mode where the text box and the text itself is both white in colour. Therefore I can't see whatever I am typing.

Hope theres a fix for this.

Hi, I really like this browser.

Although the above mentioned not much a big issue, it will be better to use night mode to save your eyes. Hahahah.

Thanks if you are looking into it.

Cheers and have a great day.

Reactions: pblakk

jbeezley

Oct 13, 2015
McAllen
@!phenom has made this browser lightening fast and I appreciate your work. Glad the mods have decided to allow the thread to continue, but now that the drama has subsided (fingers crossed) I'd like to know if it's possible to get the data savings to function? If it's not possible because the traffic has to be routed thru the Google servers, can the image blocking from chrome 44.x be compiled or is this also out because we're based on chrome 46.x? Love the browser, it would be my main if I could limit the data usage in some fashion. I'm only on a measly 1gb plan and no WiFi at home. TIA.

Reactions: jacomail95

Mr_S

Dec 21, 2012
Back in business...

Anyway, did changing the build.prop from userdebug to user fix the red border issue for you? I know we were discussing this prior to the thread being closed and I wanted to see if you got it resolved or found a workaround.
Yeah it did,thanks. I was having issues with v4a not working at the same time and was wondering if it could of conflicted but tbh was jumped on like a rash so kinda wandered elsewhere but will do another test and see if it was zip...its got a few sound mods in it so will test but yes.....it worked

Thank you

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
may be a stupid question but does chromepie works with this browser?

I doubt it does, but I haven't personally tried it. I say this because in the description for the Xposed mod that it covers all official Chrome builds (dev/beta) but does not include Chromium. With the APK being named something completely different it likely wouldn't detect it.

But this a guess, the only way to know is to test it.

Reactions: bradputt

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was wondering if there is going to be an update for the latest iteration of chrome.

Yes, at some point this should be updated to reflect changes made to v47 of Chrome.

This is not likely to happen soon though simply because Google directly releases new versions of Chrome and the sources for these Snapdragon browsers have to be passed down from Chrome, to Chromium, to CAF and then built for us here.

If you need a bleeding edge browser then your best bet is to stick with Chrome/Beta/Dev. If you don't mind being a release or two behind then stick with this browser and enjoy the optimizations that it offers over Chrome.

Deathshead747

Sep 22, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, at some point this should be updated to reflect changes made to v47 of Chrome.

This is not likely to happen soon though simply because Google directly releases new versions of Chrome and the sources for these Snapdragon browsers have to be passed down from Chrome, to Chromium, to CAF and then built for us here.

If you need a bleeding edge browser then your best bet is to stick with Chrome/Beta/Dev. If you don't mind being a release or two behind then stick with this browser and enjoy the optimizations that it offers over Chrome.
Of course I plan on sticking with your browser, wouldn't even dream of switching.
Kudos on a job well-done.

Reactions: AlkaliV2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JSwarts Browser on XDA Labs

Description from the Developer​

"Hello, my name is JSwarts - I have been compiling the latest revision of the Chromium browser optimized for Snapdragon processors. Over the last couple of weeks I have made significant improvements to the build process and I have implemented several major under-the-hood improvements, which significantly sped up the browser.

As per popular demand, I've restored the ability to synchronize your Google accounts with the browser, so you're finally able to keep your bookmarks!

Along with these changes, I have also compiled the browser with a custom toolchain, and I have removed some excessive debugging, which in turn makes it easier for the browser to perform well!

Of course, I'm unable to convince you to just use a browser, so see for yourself. It's got an ad-blocker built in which doesn't just remove the ads, it removes the frames as well, so you won't be left with an annoying blank space." -- !phenom/JSwarts

Features​

Updates Pushed Through XDA Labs
    Google Sign-In/Google Sync
    Ad blocking built in
    Night Mode
    Built with a custom toolchain
    Excessive debugging removed for improved speed
    Other CAF Features and updates as they are added!

Download Links

***If you like his work please leave him a review in the XDA labs reviews section and you can thank him directly at his post at this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=63993786&postcount=191***

My Thanks to:
    @!phenom / jswarts - Developer
    Chromium developers
    Google
    Other people who made this possible
    XDA and One+One Forums
    The browser is awesome mate! Please don't stop compiling it though due to haters having a whinge.

Have no fear, I'll keep compiling! :)
    Good news everyone! The application has once again been accepted to the Google Play Store! This means updating the application will be painless for you all! The version on the play store is one ahead of the one I've currently linked here - I'll update all the mirrors and such tomorrow, it's getting kind of late around here.
    Play Store Link to CAF Browser v42

Changelog

19/12/15
    • New "New Tab" page.
    • Edge-swiping now works when your screen has been rotated.
    • Disabled GPU-rasterization for low-end devices.
    • Updated Skia to version 7.3.0.
    • Fixed incorrect restoration of form control state.

13/12/15
    • Latest upstream changes
    • Implemented edge-swiping
    • Added ability to set custom homepage
    • Added support for background audio
    • Minor changes to ad-blocker
    I've got tired to look for links of new builds for Chromium browser optimized for Snapdragon, so I decided to build my own.

The build is for v46, sources:
    https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/chrome4sdp/chromium/src/log/?h=m46

The Build uses SaberMod, O2
    Browser includes:
    - PowerSaving mode
    - Night mode

Download:
    Build 2015-11-07:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982086990799