[JUL 13][APP][ALPHA4] Nitrogen 1.1 (music player for Windows Mobile)

Search This thread

microfi

Aug 30, 2008
Mococa
I have a sugestion for the player. Can you add option to delete music in Media mode (after confirmation)? I often listen new music and must close the player and use 'File explorer' to remove music which I do not want. This is very inconvenient.

I'll soon include advanced file options, such as renaming or deleting (and maybe changing ID3 tags, who knows?).

Wow, many thanks for the translation!
I'll upload to GoogleCode and include that on the first page.
Thanks again, Filipe.

mapstec

Dec 25, 2008
I am loving it - this player has it all - easy skinning, great sound, a random mode that actually works!

The one thing that bugs me at the moment is the not really intuitive way to populate the playlist. I have my mp3s in folders by artist and CD, so there is an overall folder called mp3 that has a lot of subfolders for the artists.
When I try to add all my mp3s from these subdirectories the only thing that works is to say "append item and play".
I only found this shortly before I got frustated enough to de-install :)
I hope that better library support is planned for the future, since right now I have 3000 songs on my mobile and with bigger memory on the phones I expect the count to rise...

Anyway, once more: Great player - the best and easiest Freeware around imho!

microfi

Aug 30, 2008
Mococa
I am loving it - this player has it all - easy skinning, great sound, a random mode that actually works!

The one thing that bugs me at the moment is the not really intuitive way to populate the playlist. I have my mp3s in folders by artist and CD, so there is an overall folder called mp3 that has a lot of subfolders for the artists.
When I try to add all my mp3s from these subdirectories the only thing that works is to say "append item and play".
I only found this shortly before I got frustated enough to de-install :)
I hope that better library support is planned for the future, since right now I have 3000 songs on my mobile and with bigger memory on the phones I expect the count to rise...

Anyway, once more: Great player - the best and easiest Freeware around imho!

Hi!
Have you tried to check the option "Recursive search" on the Media browser? This way, the player adds all the subdirectories within the one you selected.
Thanks.

jouh

Aug 13, 2008
Awesome player! Clearly one of the best ones out there.
And now it remembers the last position at startup. The most important feature for me, since I only listen to audiobooks.

One problem with the 1.1 version is that it crashes when I try to play big files (>300MB). i didn't have that problem with 1.0. :(

bumstrauss

May 26, 2009
first of all: thank you for the update!

I'll soon include advanced file options, such as renaming or deleting (and maybe changing ID3 tags, who knows?).

one idea: is it possible to rate a song on my mobile phone and save this rating in its ID3 tag? if so, would iTunes get an chance to know about it (via a sync tool or whatever)

microfi

Aug 30, 2008
Mococa
Awesome player! Clearly one of the best ones out there.
And now it remembers the last position at startup. The most important feature for me, since I only listen to audiobooks.

One problem with the 1.1 version is that it crashes when I try to play big files (>300MB). i didn't have that problem with 1.0. :(

Hi!
Please tell me the duration of the song file, as well as the bitrate.
Thanks, Filipe.

Zänker

Mar 7, 2006
AVRCP problem

I would love to use this player as my default player, but I can't get avrcp to work! Anyone got this working? It just keeps using the default player (the touchflo music tab, or windows media player with tf3d disabled) whenever I press a button on my headset. I think I configured everything correct. Any help on this?

DaveShaw

Senior Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
I would love to use this player as my default player, but I can't get avrcp to work! Anyone got this working? It just keeps using the default player (the touchflo music tab, or windows media player with tf3d disabled) whenever I press a button on my headset. I think I configured everything correct. Any help on this?

Read back a few pages...

Hi!
I'll certainly work over cue-sheet support as soon as some other features are available (such as AVRCP support):).
Thanks for the patience.
Filipe.

Dave

Zänker

Mar 7, 2006
Last edited:

microfi

Aug 30, 2008
Mococa
Fix for large files issue

If Nitrogen is crashing when you try to play large files, try the following fix:

1. If the player is running on your device, close it.
2. Download the attachment of this post;
3. Extract the file "Nitrogen.exe" from the ZIP file you downloaded;
4. Connect your device to the PC;
5. Copy the "Nitrogen.exe" file to your device, on "\Program Files\Nitrogen\" (if you installed the player on the device memory) or "\Storage Card\Program Files\Nitrogen\" (if you installed the player on the storage card). You should be asked to overwrite the existing EXE, so click "Yes".

This fix will be available out-of-the-box on the next release.
Thanks.

Attachments

• nitrogen-1.1-fix.zip
    235.4 KB · Views: 4,974

sniggle

Mar 11, 2008
Thank you for the large file fix Filipe, that was fast! This really is a slick, efficient player. Donation coming your way!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OCT 27 - Dudes, I'm not dead (as some of you might think)! I'm just taking a break from Nitrogen development because I'm scarcely having any spare time to work over it as I'm studying to pass the college entrance exams (yeah!) which take place next month. So please be patient because I'll resume coding as soon as possible! If you want some news: I could successfully decode MP3 using libmad with no GSPlayer code! This means Nitrogen will soon read Album Art images from ID3v2 tags and most glitches should disappear! I'm also working on an improved plugin framework.

Microfi Nitrogen 1.1 (July 13, 2009)
    (Nitrogen is licensed under GNU General Public License)

mushipkw has worked on a Nitrogen homepage with skin and language gallery! This way, you won't need to post files here and wait for me to update the topic (which is something I also didn't like;)). So, we are proud to annouce:
    http://nitrogen.wmskins.com/
    Please post your language files and skins there!

Click on the image below to start downloading!

[More languages/plugins/skins - See Post #2]
    [Large files bug - click here to download fix]

What's new:
    Now playing MP3/OGG/WMA/WAV/AAC/MP4/M4U files (with included GSPlayer plugins);
    Multilanguage support (English/Portuguese-BR built-in, but more languages available on Post #2);
    Many memory leaks and bugs were fixed;
    Now handling large album art files;
    Now remembers last playing position;
    (and much more!)

Tip: many features are now accessible through long-tap (tapping and holding for a while): fast-forward and rewind, advanced playlist actions and so on!

For more skins, visit the official skin thread!

If you want to add Nitrogen to your website, please include the XDA-Developers URL, the new homepage URL and the donation URL, as seen below:
    Microfi Nitrogen is a native Windows Mobile application (unmanaged code) that allows you to play MP3/OGG/AAC/MP4/M4A/3GP/WAV/WMA songs stored on your Pocket PC device.
    It features a file browser, full skin support, smart shuffle and repeat modes, a 10-band equalizer with preset support (8 included presets), built-in sleep mode, a blank screen command to prevent energy waste while playing music and many more new features. Nitrogen uses the MAD/OVD decoders, which are opensource. As the official releases of MAD for Pocket PC seem to be discontinued, Nitrogen uses the libraries from an opensource player (GSPlayer).
    Nitrogen was build due to the lack of finger-friendly players for Pocket PC (you have to use stylus even for simple tasks). It features large buttons and you can browse among your playlist by drawing circles on the screen (using skins which support wheel component). In future releases the program will be expected to have other extensions support and more features, but such things are still being tested to ensure stability and efficiency.

Key features
    :: Full MP3/OGG/AAC/MP4/M4A/3GP/WAV/WMA playback;
    :: Customizable interface with skin support;
    :: 10-band equalizer with 8 presets (MP3 only);
    :: Large and easy-to-use buttons;
    :: Media browser with playlist editor;
    :: Large menus to perform tasks with the fingers;
    :: Kinetic scrolling;
    :: Smart shuffle and repeat modes;
    :: Adjustable sleep timer;
    :: Amazingly fast to load and to play;
    :: Blank screen command to save energy;
    :: Native C++ code: no need for .NET framework;
    :: Extremely lightweight;
    :: File association support;
    :: Album art support;
    :: Opensource;
    :: Multilanguage support;

Please donate if you like the player:
    HTML:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2016778
    Check out the official website:
    HTML:
    http://nitrogen.wmskins.com/
    Check out the official XDA-Developers thread:
    HTML:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=523505

ss.jpg

Support

Other languages (thanks to XDA members!)
    [Please visit http://nitrogen.wmskins.com/ for new languages and to post your own!]

Bulgarian (by Mihof33): Download
    Czech (by tampiss): Download - Mirror
    Danish (by mikaelwinther): Download - Mirror
    Dutch (by kuifje): Download - Mirror
    Dutch (by WMH): Download - Mirror
    French (by kidoucorp): Download - Mirror
    French (by Ang3lo): Download
    German (by ChrisXP): Download
    German (by DeVisible): Download - Mirror
    Greek (by dancer_69): Download - Mirror
    Italian (by simoneser): Download - Mirror
    Korean (by Sean Lee): Download
    Polish (by piotrrz): Download - Mirror
    Romanian (by axxelxavier): Download
    Russian (by prewed): Download - Mirror
    Serbian (by Uros Gojkovic): Download Latin - Download Cyrillic
    Simplified Chinese (by guoguo89757): Download - Mirror
    Spanish (by davitino): Download - Mirror
    Swedish (by norrgrd): Download
    Traditional Chinese (by Paul Chen): Download
    Traditional Chinese (by PinguW): Download
    Turkish (by Resolute): Download

How to install: download the NLG file (or the ZIP file containing it, then extract the NLG file) and copy it to your device, in the folder "\Program Files\Nitrogen\lang" (if you installed Nitrogen on your device memory) or "\Storage Card\Program Files\Nitrogen\lang" (if you installed Nitrogen on storage card). Now run Nitrogen, tap the "Options" softkey, choose "Settings" and then "Language selector". Choose your language:).

Plugins

GSPFLAC - Allows FLAC playback (thanks to Dai_Shan for finding): Sourceforge.net page
    GSPMIDI - Allows MIDI playback (not tested yet): GSPlayer page

How to install: download the DLL file (or the ZIP file containing it, then extract the DLL file) and copy it to your device, in the folder "\Program Files\Nitrogen\plugins" (if you installed Nitrogen on your device memory) or "\Storage Card\Program Files\Nitrogen\plugins" (if you installed Nitrogen on storage card). Now run Nitrogen, and your desired media extension will be available:).

Skins

Click here to go to the skins page.

Translate Nitrogen to your language

You may help Nitrogen development by downloading our translation tool, and posting here or sending me an e-mail with the NLG file. This way, your translation will be added in future versions.

For AVRCP users

You may control Nitrogen through AVRCP using AVRCP Agent (by Wolfman-XP). You'll need to configure the agent like this:
    Code:
    Path to application: "\Program Files\Nitrogen\Nitrogen.exe" (if you installed on the device memory)
    Window name: "Nitrogen"
    Play: 40001
    Forward: 40003
    Backward: 40002

For wired headphone users

You may control Nitrogen through wired headphone button using PlayPause mod (thanks to Zepiii).

For developers

Nitrogen now stores the current song info under the following registry key:
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Nitrogen
    The registry values are the following:
    :: AlbumArtFilename - contains the album art filename of the current song; if no album art was found, this value is "(none)";
    :: MusicCode - contains a number that increases whenever the current song changes. This way, developers can check whether they need to update the song info on their programs or not;
    :: PlayStatus - may assume the following values:
    0 - paused and the current song is not the paused one;
    1 - paused and the current song is the paused one;
    2 - playing, but the current song is not the playing one;
    3 - playing and the current song is the playing one;
    (for general purpose, you should display a "Play" button when PlayStatus is 0, 1 or 2, and a "Pause" button when it's 3).
    :: Running - 1 when Nitrogen is running, and 0 when it's not;
    :: SongArtist - Contains the current song artist;
    :: SongTitle - Contains the current song title;
    :: TimeElapsed - Contains the elapsed song time (secs);
    :: TimeTotal - Contains the total song time (secs);

You can control Nitrogen through the following messages:

:: WM_NTG_ISPLAYING = WM_USER+3001
    :: :: wParam = 0; lParam = 0
    :: :: Returns 1 when a song is playing;
    :: WM_NTG_GETCURRENT = WM_USER+3002
    :: :: Returns a LONG in which the low-order is the current song position (secs) and the high-order is the total song time (secs);
    :: WM_NTG_SETCURRENT = WM_USER+3003
    :: :: wParam = new song time (secs); lParam = 0
    :: :: Returns 1 if successful;
    :: WM_NTG_GETVOLUME = WM_USER+3005
    :: :: Returns the current volume (0~100);
    :: WM_NTG_SETVOLUME = WM_USER+3006
    :: :: wParam = new volume (0~100) if lParam = 0
    :: :: wParam = delta volume (-100~100) if lParam = 1 (relative volume)
    :: :: Sets the current volume, and returns 0;
    :: WM_NTG_GETMUSICCODE = WM_USER+3007
    :: :: Returns a number that increases whenever the current song changes;

Also, you can perform common button tasks with WM_COMMAND messages:
    :: ECMD_PLAYPAUSE (WM_COMMAND; wParam = 40001; lParam = 0)
    :: :: Simulates a click on the Play/Pause button;
    :: ECMD_PREVSONG (WM_COMMAND; wParam = 40002; lParam = 0)
    :: :: Simulates a click on the Previous Song button;
    :: ECMD_NEXTSONG (WM_COMMAND; wParam = 40003; lParam = 0)
    :: :: Simulates a click on the Next Song button;
    :: ECMD_VOLUMEDOWN (WM_COMMAND; wParam = 40004; lParam = 0)
    :: :: Simulates a click on the Volume Down button;
    :: ECMD_VOLUMEUP (WM_COMMAND; wParam = 40005; lParam = 0)
    :: :: Simulates a click on the Volume Up button;

For ROM cookers

If you want to include Nitrogen on your ROM distribution, you may set custom skins and config directory (if you want to put the EXE under "\Windows") by adding the following registry keys:
    Code:
    HKLM\Software\Nitrogen\SkinsPath = {new skins path}
    HKLM\Software\Nitrogen\FilesPath = {new config/playlist/presets path}
    HKLM\Software\Nitrogen\LangsPath = {new languages path}
    Don't forget to add a slash after the path ("\Windows\Nitrogen\" instead of "\Windows\Nitrogen", for instance).
    Hi all,

I wanted to control Nitrogen using the wired headphone from HTC (Touch HD, but should work for other), I tried AVRCP but don't really like it... S

Warning
    It's ONLY for NITROGEN PLAYER !! I changed what i could to make it work ! For other player check source below ! Even if is your player is in the list, it won't work, because i changed source !

How to install?
    > Install Play_Pause3.1b (attached files)
    > Unzip attached files from this post
    > Overwrite the PlayPause.mscr to \Program Files\PlayPause\

How does it work?
    > Open PlayPause
    > Select MortPlayer : long click will allow you to forward the song
    > Select PocketPlayer : long click will allow you to play/pause the song
    > Then save.
    > For both "player": if the player isn't launched, and you press long clicked of your wired headphone, and it will launch it and play the current song.
    > Select Default(Off) to go back to normal... (don't forget to save)

Source
    Program used : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=498349
    IMPORTANT : I HAVEN'T CREATED ANYTHING, SIMPLY MODIFIED SOME STUFF TO ADAPT IT FOR NITROGEN PLAYER !!

You CAN improve it !
    I can't code, i only did "mongol" modification TBH... A programmer should check and is probably able to it work for both function "double click : Play/Pause" and Long click "Next song"

See you !
    G-Sensor works on my Omnia. Maybe you should set the sensitivity higher. You have to shake pretty hard with the default settings.

I encountered a few glitches with the KeyAssignments:
    • the 'Hang Up'-Button does not react when you keep it pressed (i.e. it can't do Rewind or Forward) on Samsung Omnia (I don't know if it works on other phones).
    • when you press Edit the new popup window says (No key assigned) even though it should preselect the already selected key
    • on Samsung Omnia I can't select the buttons on the side (Volume Up, Volume Down, Camera, Menu Button) anymore with alpha 4. it worked fine on alpha 2.
    • I can assign a function to the same button several times

A few feature requests regarding KeyAssignments:
    • Could it be possible to assign two functions to one button like this:
      short press - function 1, long press - funtion 2?
    • Is it possible to assign a function to the headphones button (wired, not bluetooth)?
    • Pleeaase try to re-implement "Assign Minimized" option :D
      With this function one can really use the phone as a full MP3 Player replacement

Hi!
    I'll consider going back to keyboard hook as key assigning method. I've tried to implement AllKeys() as a replacement, but it seems keybd_hook is still better. The only side effect is that some keylocking programs won't work properly, since WM just lets one program to hook keyboard each time.
    Thanks for testing, Filipe.