• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

|July 4|RAPH| .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-|Energy| 21916|29022 - Sense 2019 / 2.1 / Titanium

Search This thread

jb789

Nov 6, 2009
Mmm... desiccant
Question Author: Say, will the edited landscape mode in your firmware in certain applications?
screenshots for clarity
View attachment 472648...
R^7Z mentioned this and you probably understand, but I thought I would clarify one point just in case. Your first screenshot is not a porting problem. You just need to scroll down to see more. Try flicking the screen up with your finger. Also, on the second screenshot, you can still type in the password even though you can't see the password field. :)

On the third screenshot, I'm not sure, but this file may fix that problem:
Digital Outcast's snooze options
It's mentioned in post #6 of this thread, and it basically reverts the pop up notifications to the older Windows Mobile 6.1 appearance. It's mainly to regain the multiple snooze options, but I believe it has a global effect on all those pop ups. You just have to give up the newer pretty pop ups for the more functional older ones.

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Delete All & Mark All As Read extendibility.dll not working on newer ROMs

The menu extendibility.dll (cooked in ROM) for adding Delete All & Mark All As Read in menu is not working in newer ROMs, clicking these options from menu in pocket outlook either does nothing or for others opens options for MMS or POMO if installed.
Have same issue on my HD2 with Energy ROM.
Searching all ROM threads has lead to no fixes as of yet !

longone91

Dec 22, 2010
Import Gmail Contacts

I have been trying to import my contacts from Gmail into the address book. There is a pretty self explanatory instruction guide using ActiveSync, but I for the life of me can't find ActiveSync on my 28244 build Titanium ROM...any ideas?

rcartolano

Jun 13, 2009
Rio Claro, SP
I have been trying to import my contacts from Gmail into the address book. There is a pretty self explanatory instruction guide using ActiveSync, but I for the life of me can't find ActiveSync on my 28244 build Titanium ROM...any ideas?

Make sure you are using the Default Start Menu (the one from windows 6.5, not any compact or sense...)

Go to: Start / Internet / ActiveSync

At least for me it's there, but I'm not using Titanium, it is 28244 though.

longone91

Dec 22, 2010
I go into Start-Settings-Start Menu Layout but I'm only presented with normal (which i'm using...no ActiveSync) list view, panel, and compact...sense is also there but the file to load it seems to be missing...

R^7Z

(post trim)
I want to clarify why I ask the questions: for fun put the firmware on the tael and yet someone (do not remember exactly, from xda), where these problems are not, that's all =)
The only reason I thought that NRGZ28 for some reason it did not.
(post trim)
Keep in mind, I honestly think it's awesome that NRG is still cooking for our devices as most seem to have moved-on:rolleyes: From the sounds of it, he will continue as long as someone is downloading them. Also, I think he is open to the idea of improving the ROM as long as there is reason to believe it can be improved. In other words, don't just mention of an issue or just a question, also try to do some searching around and assist others in finding the solution as this may in-turn be also included with a fix or answer to your question. :D
NOTE: Please do not take this as a means to dismiss your original post, just food for thought for all of us! :)
:cool:
n-Joie!

rcartolano

Jun 13, 2009
Rio Claro, SP
I go into Start-Settings-Start Menu Layout but I'm only presented with normal (which i'm using...no ActiveSync) list view, panel, and compact...sense is also there but the file to load it seems to be missing...

I attached a CAB file with the shortcut of ActiveSync that is working for me.
The installer will place the shortcut in Windows/Start Menu/Programs.
You will be able to see it in your start menu after installation.
If this doesn't work, the problem might be in the ActiveSync executable.

Hope this helps. ;)

View attachment rcartolano_ActiveSync_Shortcut.cab

PS: You can also try flashing the CHT 28244 and disable the Sense interface. Then it will behave like Titanium.

Last edited:

Ralt

Feb 28, 2009
Roseville, CA
Next Flash

with the last few flashes the screen rotation in messaging has been very slow, as much as 10 seconds from the time I slide the keyboard to the time I'm able to actually type. this delay started with Cookie 2.0 installations...I'm not sure the delay is caused by Cookie2.0...but that is when it started, I've always used cookie 1.8.5.

So I'm thinking about flashing standard energy and installing cookie 1.8.5...I found cookie editor 1.8.5.1 and cookie 1.8.5...is there a cookie 1.8.5.1??

I also really like the sencity theme...but I couldn't find VGA Cab for it...obviously it was ported to VGA, anyone know where it can be found?

finally, if anyone knows of a fix for the rotation delay...I'd be just as happy to stick with what the chef cooks up.

thanks!
Ral

rcartolano

Jun 13, 2009
Rio Claro, SP
with the last few flashes the screen rotation in messaging has been very slow, as much as 10 seconds from the time I slide the keyboard to the time I'm able to actually type. this delay started with Cookie 2.0 installations...I'm not sure the delay is caused by Cookie2.0...but that is when it started, I've always used cookie 1.8.5.

So I'm thinking about flashing standard energy and installing cookie 1.8.5...I found cookie editor 1.8.5.1 and cookie 1.8.5...is there a cookie 1.8.5.1??

I also really like the sencity theme...but I couldn't find VGA Cab for it...obviously it was ported to VGA, anyone know where it can be found?

finally, if anyone knows of a fix for the rotation delay...I'd be just as happy to stick with what the chef cooks up.

thanks!
Ral

The rotation delay was already noticed and reported by several users here (included myself ;)) and you are right, CHT 2.0.0 is causing it. I still didn't find any solution to it, but considering all new benefits CHT 2.0.0 brought to me, I decided to live with it. :D

The Sencity VGA port was done by NRG, as far as I know. He customized Leciel's theme for his builds and did not forget about us (THANKS MAN!). So you probably won't find any cab for it.

I listed some fixes, related to Sencity theme posted, in this thread and you can find them here. The most important of it is the one GbNOR made to fix the Circle position, due to the VGA port. I don't believe that's the only fix you must apply after installing sencity original cab, but if you are willing to try, I'm sure you will need at least that one. I also remember someone posting a fix for calendar, but I couldn't find where it is (I'm sure it was on this thread).

Considering NRG stop cooking CHT 1.8.5 for this device, it will be hard to find the sencity theme that you want, unless you want to use some old ROM.

Hope this clarifies your doubts. :)

RobtWms

Are These Sense Settings? If So, Which?

Please tell me how to make the bottom two lines of my latest flash look JUST LIKE those in post two for sencity.

Whatever these are, they changed since the last edition of this rom. I'm 'bout to go batty drilling down Start -->> Internet -->> Messaging just to get to text messaging!

Thanks!!

R^7Z

Please tell me how to make the bottom two lines of my latest flash look JUST LIKE those in post two for sencity.

Whatever these are, they changed since the last edition of this rom. I'm 'bout to go batty drilling down Start -->> Internet -->> Messaging just to get to text messaging!

Thanks!!

You mean the slider at the bottom or the quick links :confused:
The ROM comes with that setting (slider already out) applied but I didn't care much for it, so I changed it (retracted slider; this can be changed with CHTE). The quick links have to be set initially from the edit home layout then under CHTE. Need better understanding as to which one you are rerefering to...

Reactions: RobtWms

Ralt

Feb 28, 2009
Roseville, CA
The rotation delay was already noticed and reported by several users here (included myself ;)) and you are right, CHT 2.0.0 is causing it. I still didn't find any solution to it, but considering all new benefits CHT 2.0.0 brought to me, I decided to live with it. :D

The Sencity VGA port was done by NRG, as far as I know. He customized Leciel's theme for his builds and did not forget about us (THANKS MAN!). So you probably won't find any cab for it.

I listed some fixes, related to Sencity theme posted, in this thread and you can find them here. The most important of it is the one GbNOR made to fix the Circle position, due to the VGA port. I don't believe that's the only fix you must apply after installing sencity original cab, but if you are willing to try, I'm sure you will need at least that one. I also remember someone posting a fix for calendar, but I couldn't find where it is (I'm sure it was on this thread).

Considering NRG stop cooking CHT 1.8.5 for this device, it will be hard to find the sencity theme that you want, unless you want to use some old ROM.

• that's what I thought on Sencity...no VGA port :( I can live with standard energy!
  • any input on how to find the final version of Cookie 1.8.5.x?
  • what benefits are you seeing in cookie 2.0? I pretty much have it set up just as I did with 1.8.5 and all I see are speed issues

rcartolano

Jun 13, 2009
Rio Claro, SP
  • that's what I thought on Sencity...no VGA port :( I can live with standard energy!
  • what benefits are you seeing in cookie 2.0? I pretty much have it set up just as I did with 1.8.5 and all I see are speed issues

For me, besides rotation issues, CHT 2.0.0 has lot of improvements in speed. You can switch LEVELS and PAGES faster than before. The new states indicators and tab shortcuts (widgets) are very nice too.

You should try downloading the lastest Energy Standard ROM or Titanium, and then install CHT 1.8.5 cab.
I don't know which one is better cause I never installed CHT by cab. Probably you will find more info on its own thread.

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Energy standard lockscreen date text size issue

See image for problem.
Have searched thread, other Energy ROM threads & site.
Loads of info on lockscreens but none that have resulted in correcting this visual error.
Simply adjusting DateText size should fix this (landscape also needs tweak).
Had a look at LS .cpr files & we have WVGA as well as VGA in ROM, why ?
Exactly what files are linked to this lockscreen in Energys ROM so I can have a look at editing options.
So far Text size changes to LS lockscreen.cpr files have made no change after reset.

I do not want to use CHT lockscreen or change date format in region settings, I want to correct this standard lockscreen if possible as it looks rather amateurish in current state.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 37

N3oN

Nov 9, 2007
Camera and dialer issue

I've the camera screen turn black and only the center shows the image, to see what i gonna see i have to open the settings and then the image appear, there's some workaround for this? i'm using changescreen on my device, and the camera app is in the exceptions list...
For the dialer instead i've trouble seeing some buttons, specially the speaker one while in landscape mode during a call, there's a dialer fully working in landscape (maybe the microsoft standard?) and where i can find it?
Thanks

GbNoR

Jan 7, 2009
Norway

Beside the VGA fix, I also made a full VGA port, that I had to upload
through easyshare.
I have posted this earlier >Here<
The cab contains all my fixes.
If u don't use CHT, install >This<
If u are using CHT u can use >This<

Last edited:
Reactions: rcartolano

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch Pro (Raphael) device.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs about twice a week, as new builds come down the pipe or as new software/updates are available.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I pre-configure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of my ROM.

• The 21916 Build which is the most reliable, fast and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner just like a stock ROM. I recommend you start with this first! :)

• The 29022 Build that's the latest in the 6.5.X series with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys. These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. These are also much more finger friendly throughout.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

It's definitely the fastest way to get in touch with me and please don't be afraid to tweet me if you see major issues with the ROMs.
    I generally do not answer "support" questions on Twitter, as it's really not the proper medium for that. Service packs and quick fixes will always be released as links in my tweets and that's definitely the fastest way to get a fix for a ROM.

To follow me on twitter, click here!

If you own an European\Asian Touch PRO, use the "Keyboard Selector" application under Utilities > Tweaks (after you flash the ROM) to select the "Pro" keyboard layout. The ROM comes with the american AT&T Fuze layout enabled by default.

This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come in two versions,
    Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed, however it's still in 'beta'. Cookie 1.8.5 is considered the less complicated and stable build for now.

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
    Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc
    _LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

Sense%20Home%20Cookie.png
    Sense%20Email.png
    Sense%20Music.png
    Sense%20Settings.png
    Sense%20Facebook.png
    Sense%20CallHistory.png

Start%20Menu.png
    Start%20Menu%20Settings.png
    Start%20Menu%20Settings%20System.png
    Start%20Menu%20Internet.png
    Start%20Menu%20Tools.png

Dialer.png
    Email.png
    Messaging.png
    Lockscreen.png

nrgenergize.png

List of installed applications

Games

• Bubble Breaker
    • Solitaire
    • Teeter
    GPS

• Digital Compass
    • QuickGPS
    • Google Maps
    • HTC GPSTool
    • ChartCross GPS Test
    Internet

• Opera 9.7
    • Jbed Java
    • RSS Hub
    • Remote Desktop
    • A couple of widgets for ROM Updates
    • MSN Messenger and Windows Live
    • Barnes Noble eReader
    • Facebook
    • Palringo
    • Windows Live
    • Messenger
    • Bing
    • Send and Receive All
    • Data Controller
    Multimedia

• Audio Booster
    • FM Radio
    • MP3 Trimmer
    • Voice Recorder
    • YouTube
    • TCPMP
    • InCall Recording
    Office Mobile

• Full suite of Office Mobile 2010
    Tools

• BsB Tweaks
    • Flashlight
    • Lock Device
    • Microsoft MyPhone
    • Registry Editor
    • PIM Backup
    • FDC TaskManager
    • Wifi Router
    • XDA UC
    • My own Settings Exporter tool
    • Shake and Save (screenshot app)
    • Wifi Monster
    • Wifi Router (internet sharing app)
    • tBattery
    On the Start Menu

• Backlight control app
    • Total Commander
    • Rotate Screen (by clicking icon or by pushing down Send key)
    • Windows Marketplace

ROM features at a glance:

• Very fast startup time. You won't find any startup wizards in this ROM. You'll be up and running in a couple minutes after flashing the ROM and ready to go. No need to spend time to set everything up.

• XDA_UC is built in. It will import your custom XML and REG files from your storage card after first boot.

• My own Settings Exporter application is found in the Tools folder. Use it to export all your settings after you customize the device. When a new ROM comes down the line, use it to import everything and save time.

• Everything is setup to use the phone right after flashing. Sounds, notifications, all options, etc

• The HTC Messaging client is removed, leaving the windows built SMS client for much faster texting, but still able to use a nicely skinned Sense text messaging app with "iphone style" messaging bubbles.
    EnergyStandard.png

'Standard' ROMs that have no addons installed on the homescreen. Stock Sense 2.5 !

'Energy'

• This series retains the stock functionality of the Sense UI. The files have been compressed by "CFC" compression. making the UI lighter and faster
    • This ROM still retains my theme and style, plus all the regular apps you find in my ROMs.
    • There are no homescreen addon-ons in this ROM. The best speed and the most stock functionality.

MaxSense.png
    Titanium.png

MaxSense UI (android style homescreen)

• This is a complete rewrite of the Sense homescreen, by maxycy.
    • It features a 3 screen, Android style, homescreen with widgets! The widgets can be placed ANYWHERE on the three screens.
    • 75 Quicklink accessible on all tabs
    • You should really visit the original thread for this mod shown on the next line to see all the features!
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <.
    Titanium (ROMs for raw speed!)

• This is a minimal ROM version without Sense in it. It's used primarily for people that like to customize the default 6.5 homescreen (Titanium)
    • You can use it to install alternate homescreen interfaces like SPB Mobile Shell, etc
    • Very low memory footprint and good battery life, but very simple and lacks a lot of features that you would otherwise have available in Sense...

Click the following link for addons, XDA_UC help and various cabs specific to this ROM series

Camera / G-Sensor Issue

In the Rhodium, I found that HTCSensorSDK.dll was missing in both the December 11th and December 13th ROMs.

I found this by running depends.exe on Camera.exe.

I saw that HTCSensorSDK.dll was a dependency.

Since there were also G-Sensor issue, it seemed like a likely cause.

I uploaded my December 5th version of that file. A user applied it.

The Camera started working.

That particular file might not be compatible with the Raphael, so I recommend someone look at the last ROM where the camera worked. backup HTCSensorSDK.dll from the windows folder.

Flash the latest ROM. Then copy the backed up file to the windows folder.

If it works, then zip it up and upload it.

Hope this helps. If it does, please remember the Thanks button.