Question July Update?

Search This thread

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
If you're in Europe, you should flash the EMEA version as it potentially has optimizations for European carriers.

Otherwise, just flash the base version (Verizon is specific to this carrier).

Reactions: sronweb

Utini

Dec 25, 2010
www.whymacsucks.com
www.whymacsucks.com
If you're in Europe, you should flash the EMEA version as it potentially has optimizations for European carriers.

Otherwise, just flash the base version (Verizon is specific to this carrier).

There are tons if carriers in Europa that dont officially support Pixel devices.

As such, I am not sure if the EMEA build is recommended for everyone in the EU.

swieder711

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the link.

1 security bug fixed. That's it?

Barely worth the effort to update, especially with the June update running solid after a full wipe/installation.

Also the following - the footnote says only for EMEA/APAC.

Telephony
  • Enable additional VoLTE calling features on certain networks *[1].
---------------------------------------------------------------
Device Applicability

*[1] Included on Pixel 6 & Pixel 6 Pro in EMEA/APAC

Reactions: Lughnasadh

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Last edited:

therock3181

Jun 25, 2010
Montreal
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Downloading the update now. If you started to have cell problems with the June update then I suggest a FULL wipe for the July update. The full wipe for June solved my cell problems. I have not seen an "!" in over a week!

Has anyone seen the release notes for the July update?
I did a full image restore of June update and my problem was still there. For the sake went back to May and my problems went away. Updated to July and it's a bit better but my sign will go full blast to non in seconds. It's unstable.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I am still wondering:

Can anyone tell what the exact differences between the EMEA and Global build are?
This has been brought up in several other threads in this section over the last few days. When I Google EMEA, if you use a carrier in one of the listed areas, then you should flash the EMEA build.

Otherwise, you can find a little more detail in some of the search results in this section:
1657285010547.png

Reactions: RobinJoseph

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I have a rooted P6P and OTA update does not start, I select to try again, it download the 19.77Mb then, before starts I just got a message "Installation problem". Before starting to the update I proceeded to remove root from Magisk but not booting the phone, then I go for the update.... I have 20% of free space, but I don't know what can be the reason. I should try again perhaps via adb, but I don't like to wipe again everything at every monthly update.....
You shouldn't post about the same problem in more than one thread. I answered in the other thread that you mentioned this in.

Top Liked Posts