I think your screen recording is showing Google dialer, while I have the AOSP dialer.
I'm using latest 18.1 with OrangeFox cause this working with locked pattern, TWRP didn't get to uncrypt. How can I backup? I mean you can backup any partition but this will not apply to newer version. *Backup everything? to much memory...
I want to know about working of mi remote, cast and other features of official miui in redmi note 4, whether they work in lineage os or not?View attachment 5602255
Lineage-19.1-Android 12.1- 20220430-UNOFFICIAL Mido- Vanilla- : Zeelog
- Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 30 April 2022
- Add more screen recorder options
- Fixed stock launcher bottom padding
- Fixed emergency icon on/off in power menu
- Add VoLTE icons
- Revamped Status bar section to Android S style
- Add Monet colour customizations
- Translations: major update
- Add Face Unlock feature
- Add system icon packs
- Add more custom fonts
- Launcher: add hidden & protected apps feature
- Add more Dirac presets
- Update camera
- Kernel updated to 4.9.312
Gapps : Use Mindgapps.
Support my efforts: Donate to Zeelog
Compatible. You can check with the Signature Spoofing Checker app. I've been using MicroG for a week.
ZazaRemote works without problems.
I want to know about encryption and what should I do. I have downloaded all the required files. Now just want you to help me in which steps do i need to take and which not. Also I am currently on miui official romRequirement :
1. The latest ROM from github, https://github.com/zeelog/OTA/releases
2. Orange fox recovery for mido, link, https://orangefox.download/release/609a7a3be805649489f06ac9
3. Nikgapps, I use core version, you may choose whatever according to your needs, link :
4. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT : Backup all of your data! You will lose everything!
5. Minimal adb tool, link : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-2-9-18.2317790/
6. Optional : To root your device follow this guide : https://www.xda-developers.com/install-magisk-manager-without-separate-zip/
1. Unlock bootloader if you haven't done so, follow this guide :
2. Flashing recovery guide, use that particular section only, but it is recommended to read the whole part to get better idea of how things work. BUT : use below guide to flash the ROM and Gapps. Since the recovery is in zip, you need to tear down the zip and get the recovery image (.img) for flashing. If you have TWRP prior to this, you can flash orange fox zip from TWRP.
3. Flashing ROM guide
If you come from other ROM, you need to clean flash. Wiping dalvik, cache, data and system accordingly. (Again : Backup your data first !!!)
Flash Gapps directly after flashing the ROM.
4. For the next release, dirty flash, meaning flash directly from recovery on top of current system will work just fine.
I don't have any concern about encryption, with mido being quite an old phone and the possibility of slow things and all. Others possibly can help you better with that, anyone? Steps to be taken are unlock bootloader, flash custom recovery than flash rom and gapps (magisk if required). Follow the guides for details, tutorial videos are helpful too. There are tons of 'em.
I am quite busy these days , so usually post only ROM updates. If you want quick response check telegram channel , there definitely it will get resolved.@anandsvm,
Care to reply? At least yes, no, or will check?
Or ignoring, like I've seen many times before? Tracking this thread from the beginning and even posted a few times. Check post numbers 155, 301, 659, 693, 734, 767, 1206, and the quoted 1458 as examples. Didn't receive any reply from you for these.
Not missing them. Have a look here or the post a page before the quoted one for instructions. Works like flashing any other ROM.Hi,
I updated from 16 to 19.1 the day before yesterday. So it is fresh in my mind. I used adb sideload to flash the ROM, but you don't have to use adb for the flash process. It's important to have a compatible recovery. I used orange fox recovery mentioned the page before of this thread. There are also some instructions. I also had an old version of twrp installed. So what I did was:
1. Make adb work on PC. I had a look at the official lineageOS page for this. Just have a look at the installation guide for any device for setting up adb.
2. Enable usb-debugging on your phone in developer options. You enable developer options in settings, about phone by tapping on the build number a few times. Developer options appear in Settings, system. I also had to enable root access options for debugging in developer options.
3. If you connect your phone to the PC there is a notification to allow USB debugging on your phone. Do so. "Adb devices" now should list your device with a number. If not start a command line as administrator (windows) or start adb root (Linux)
4. If your device is listed use "adb reboot sideload"
5. adb sideload recovery.zip ( I used orange fox. You can use a compatible twrp version)
6. Reboot in recovery: now it depends on your recovery, but choose wipe and wipe data cache and dalvik cache.
7. Format data (make sure to have a backup of your data). You can do this step after flashing the ROM if you prefer
8. Search sideload section of your recovery. It should say something similar that the sideload feature is ready. adb sideload rom.zip
9. Optional adb sideload gapps.zip (mind the gapps recommended. Choose 12.1 64 bit package)
10. Reboot to system